It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

None of these kids are advocating for limiting the Constitutional rights of Citizens.

They are merely themselves exercising their 1A rights to assemble and say whatever the hell they please.

Those morons have no right to harass, threaten or attempt to intimidate them (although I don't know what they'd be intimidated by those tiny little #s)

You mean like the kids that decided to do so over the gun violence?

I agree.

The point I made was to point out the stark hypocrisy regarding when kids are allowed to exercise their rights.

When it was kids exercising their rights over gun violence they "dont know what they are doing" or "they are being used by the evil liberal media".

When other kids (who happen to support the affiliation that's dominate on this message board) do the same its "constitutional rights, the end".

Double standards.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JBurns

No, and I see most of the people upset by the MAGA hat have no issues whatsoever with the Black Hebrews yelling their racist and homophobic stuff. So clearly, it isn't exercising 1A rights to gather and speak that they have an issue with.

Surely you can quote a post or two to back this claim up.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

a reply to: JBurns

No, and I see most of the people upset by the MAGA hat have no issues whatsoever with the Black Hebrews yelling their racist and homophobic stuff. So clearly, it isn't exercising 1A rights to gather and speak that they have an issue with.

Surely you can quote a post or two to back this claim up.

Has anyone here who has watched the longer video criticized them in any way or has everyone from the leftward spectrum continued to focus on the kids?

My post is on page one saying no one is 100 percent clean. Because of the politics of idiots on the left, it has been deemed "moral" to assume that anyone who wears a MAGA hat is part of the KKK, so they can abuse them in any way they see fit. Because of that, those kids should have expected some flack for wearing those hats.

However, none of that makes what was done to them morally acceptable in any way.
edit on 20-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

None of these kids are advocating for limiting the Constitutional rights of Citizens.

They are merely themselves exercising their 1A rights to assemble and say whatever the hell they please.

Those morons have no right to harass, threaten or attempt to intimidate them (although I don't know what they'd be intimidated by those tiny little #s)

You mean like the kids that decided to do so over the gun violence?

I agree.

The point I made was to point out the stark hypocrisy regarding when kids are allowed to exercise their rights.

When it was kids exercising their rights over gun violence they "dont know what they are doing" or "they are being used by the evil liberal media".

When other kids (who happen to support the affiliation that's dominate on this message board) do the same its "constitutional rights, the end".

Double standards.

Yes you seem to more concerned about double standards of anonymous online posters, and not the actual danger, the double standards by politicians and media that said the parkland students were untouchable even after the fact, whereas these children are to be mocked, slandered, and even some media suggesting they should be punched.

My stance is that both these kids and the parkland kids have the right to dsay whatever they want.

We should alos not slander either of them as racist that deserved to be attacked for merely standing still and dealing with racial and homophobic slurs being yelled at them.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Why did anyone put Obama or Bernie stickers on their car or wear Obama shirts?

Why are a bunch of SCHOOL KIDS wraring MAGA hats?
You don't think it's strange that s bunch of kids on a school trip are wearing MAGA hats? We are talking about a bunch of kids who can't even wipe their own ass properly not about adults with Bernie stickers on their cars

So high school kids can't understand politics? A catholic school is a private school, but I get how you guys seem to not understand that concept too these days.

That was the general consensus when the 'kids' were voicing concerns about gun violence, especially around sites like this. They were too young to understand and were being used by "the liberal media", but this situation is different right?

Yes its different in that now the same liberal media has done a 180, and are attacking these kids as racist by selectivly releasing video and only interviewing one side.

Funny how the media and many more said the parkland kids couldnt be touched even verbally after the fat, but they are quick to attack these teens.

I havent seen anyone saying we must bow to these kids and their policy prescriptions.

Only that they shouldnt be unfairly maligned and attacked.

Yes, I get it, your gripe is with the 'liberal media".

Dont pretend to care about one while ignoring the other.

CNN spins it as MAGA racist and fox spins it as "MAGA kid bullied" but its clear from the video that they've both spun it.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why did these poor innocent kids wear MAGA hat in the first place?

Is that a thoughtcrime?

The full video shows how events played out. The Native American guys walked right up to the Kids drumming. The short clip played on TV doesn't show the whole event.

If you have been to DC, you see people like the Black Activists at Monuments spouting their hate and agitating the crowd. The last two times we were there, similar groups with loudspeakers were near the Lincoln Memorial. This was during just normal times in early Summer, there were no marches or major protests going on even.

There was also a group at the WWII memorial the last time we went.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Does he deserve to be bullied for wearing that hat?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

CNN should be charged with crimes against humanity. Their stories are always full of lies and deceit. They’ve become a propaganda network and nothing more. They’re the enemy of the people and for those of you that can’t see this by now, there’s probably little hope for you. How some of you can be so guilable and ignorant to continue watching this poor excuse of a network is a mystery to me. Pretty much proves that some people actually like being manipulated and lied to. Sad times indeed.

You would surely say the same thing of fox new right?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 20-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

No. No one deserves to be bullied for wearing a hat.

This is in an ideal world, but the real world isn't ideal.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You don't think it's strange that s bunch of kids on a school trip are wearing MAGA hats? We are talking about a bunch of kids who can't even wipe their own ass properly not about adults with Bernie stickers on their cars

So high school kids can't understand politics? A catholic school is a private school, but I get how you guys seem to not understand that concept too these days.

That was the general consensus when the 'kids' were voicing concerns about gun violence, especially around sites like this. They were too young to understand and were being used by "the liberal media", but this situation is different right?

Yes its different in that now the same liberal media has done a 180, and are attacking these kids as racist by selectivly releasing video and only interviewing one side.

Funny how the media and many more said the parkland kids couldnt be touched even verbally after the fat, but they are quick to attack these teens.

I havent seen anyone saying we must bow to these kids and their policy prescriptions.

CNN spins it as MAGA racist and fox spins it as "MAGA kid bullied" but its clear from the video that they've both spun it.

Im not spinning anything.

First, please show me the fox video spinning this which I havent seen. Clearly you have seen this seeing as how you bring it up here, so please post it.

Second, you are trying to conflate people saying that kids in p[arkland didnt know enough to suggest banning the second amendment or restricting gun rights and should be criticized with there views;

to the media smearing these kids as racist for standing still while racist screamed at them.

It is not comparable in the least bit. Had racist yelled at the parkland students, I would have called those racist out. Yet here we see the media and many others not only not defending the kids, but smearing them as wrong and racist.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

No. No one deserves to be bullied for wearing a hat.

This is in an ideal world, but the real world isn't ideal.

OK ... so why did the guy march up to him drumming?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Where did fox say that? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

He will no doubt provide a link soon. I havent seen fox say that, but seeing as how he brought it up, no doubt he saw it and will provide the link.

I mean, surely he wouldnt have just pretended that fox said that to spin a point. That would be bad form.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

He will no doubt provide a link soon. I havent seen fox say that, but seeing as how he brought it up, no doubt he saw it and will provide the link.

I mean, surely he wouldnt have just pretended that fox said that to spin a point. That would be bad form.

I don’t watch or read fox, so I’m genuinely curious as to their spin. I’m looking for it, but sifting through the massive pile of condemnations against the kids has made the task pretty difficult.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Is that a thoughtcrime?

The full video shows how events played out. The Native American guys walked right up to the Kids drumming. The short clip played on TV doesn't show the whole event.

I never said wearing some stupid hat is a crime. But these kids aren't innocent like Grambler and the rest of the Trump circus on ATS is trying to spin.
Only reason they are wearing those hats is because they wanted to provoke a confrontation.
Try wearing a "I love Clinton's" hat in the south and see where it gets you.
Try wearing a CNN hat at a Trump rally and see where it gets you.
Ohh poor kids.

edit on 20-1-2019 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I will help them out.

A Roman Catholic diocese and a Catholic high school in Kentucky issued a joint apology Saturday after videos posted online showed a confrontation Friday between some of the school's students and some Native American adults after rallies near the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

However, one unedited video circulated on social media Sunday appeared to show that a Native American adult approached the students and instigated the interaction, leading some commentators to retract their previous criticisms of the students.

Video shows students in confrontation with Native Americans, prompting apology from Catholic diocese, high school - Fox News

I can't seem to find anywhere in that article that says that the kid was bullied by Phillips.

There is this however:

"This is indigenous lands," Phillips says. "We're not supposed to have walls here. We never did."

Hm, let's see about that, shall we?

NATIVE AMERICAN HOUSING

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don’t watch or read fox, so I’m genuinely curious as to their spin. I’m looking for it, but sifting through the massive pile of condemnations against the kids has made the task pretty difficult.

I watch Tucker sometimes, but only on youtube.

I dont have cable and dont watch fox.

But when that poster mentioned it, I went to their webpage, and I see nothing.

SO I am anxiously awaiting that poster showing me fox's spin.

Because what it seems like is people trying to make comparisons as to how its somehow an equal treatment being given to these ids by different sides on the media, and I am not seeing that.

But hey, maybe I am wrong, and the proof of fox spinning this already as maga kids being treated unfairly will be presented.

link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

So agreeing with a message from the President of the US is provoking violence while you are walking around DC? Do you hear your self?

Anyways it's clear that this whole issue is being used to create a fake powered keg. The questions we should be poking at is why?

link   

originally posted by: pavil

Is that a thoughtcrime?

I never said wearing some stupid hat is a crime. But these kids aren't innocent like Grambler and the rest of the Trump circus on ATS is trying to spin.
Only reason they are wearing those hats is because they wanted to provoke a confrontation.
Try wearing a "I love Clinton's" hat in the south and see where it gets you.
Try wearing a CNN hat at a Trump rally and see where it gets you.
Ohh poor kids.

That is a dio with the grin on his face should consider himself lucky that the native American didn't give teach him a lesson for life.

You even have to invent articles of clothing to make a silly point.

The native activist could learn a thing or two from that kid. His only crime is that he smiled.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join