It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Krakatoa

The shorter video gave people a reason to believe the worst

The longer video changed people's minds - but it doesn't capture everything - does it? It couldn't. It is hearsay. It doesn't make them liars, and it doesn't mean things that weren't captured in the video didn't happen

Everyone experienced this event differently - from their own perspective

If you think there aren't people that understand that MAGA folk are being misrepresented on a regular basis - you're wrong. But if you want fairness, and you want justice - we all have to be fair - and just

That means - taking responsibility for our bad behavior, and for allowing that other people aren't seeing things accurately

Does this all only go one way?

(responding to the bolding I added to your statement above)

Like telling your peers to stop responding and stooping to the level of returning insults? Like that kid actually did, and no other person there did to their peers? That kind of responsibility?

Should we teach our children to slink away when confronted with racial slurs? Or, stand tall, face the accusers silently, and without reacting in a negative way (note: a smile is universally received as a gesture of friendliness in human culture, the opposite in the rest of the animal kingdom).

Tell me, which is it in your opinion?

Belief in hearsay because it agrees with your own political world view, or, taking the actual evidence into account in making a decision, and putting political dogma aside?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Propagandalf

Assuming the lowest possible motives in another, and further assuming that you've captured an accurate picture of their motives, is the height of arrogance. The problems is his public statement refutes your assumptions.

His public statement was written for him by a public relations firm

He was scared - that's what I saw. He handled it the way many teen-aged boys do

Do you want to suppose that what he did was more honorable than what I saw? Fine - go ahead. If you need for him to be a hero, I can only say - welcome to the club. We're all looking for heroes these days

Standing and smiling when someone is banging a drum directly in your face is pretty stoic if you ask me. What is more honorable in your books? I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Assuming the lowest possible motives in another, and further assuming that you've captured an accurate picture of their motives, is the height of arrogance. The problems is his public statement refutes your assumptions.

His public statement was written for him by a public relations firm

He was scared - that's what I saw. He handled it the way many teen-aged boys do

Do you want to suppose that what he did was more honorable than what I saw? Fine - go ahead. If you need for him to be a hero, I can only say - welcome to the club. We're all looking for heroes these days

Standing and smiling when someone is banging a drum directly in your face is pretty stoic if you ask me. What is more honorable in your books? I'd love to hear it.

The white kid was suppose to get on his knees and kiss Nathans feet for the so called sins of his ancestors.
edit on 21-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

OK Spinmeister - have it your way

Our young man Nick Sandmann is a stoic

I can live with that

:-)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I can live with that

I used "stoic" in the adjective sense, not in the noun sense.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you would consider would be a more honorable action.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

He was smiling at Hiawatha's summer teeth. You know...summer pointing this way, summer pointing that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I can live with that

I'm genuinely curious as to what you would consider would be a more honorable action.

I’ve asked that of people as well, yet no answer

The kid is to be scrutinized and slandered because he didn’t.......

Well no one can say what he should have done

Meanwhile these same people are silent or ok with how the native man conducted himself

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

He was smiling at Hiawatha's summer teeth. You know...summer pointing this way, summer pointing that way.

I hope you have access to good dental care your entire life.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I can live with that

I wonder why you assume I'm saying the worst about him? (I'm also wondering why you need to turn this into something
)

Of all those boys, I have no actual problem with him. What I said (ahem) was that he looked scared to me - and that he handled that the way many young men do

He could have reached out to shake his hand. That's what I would have done. But, I also would have seen that I wasn't being threatened by him. I've actually been in a similar situation

But, I was a girl. I'm not sure if that makes a difference :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Did you watch the video? I mean watch the SAME full length video? Or are you taking CNNs word for it by watching the SHORT clip? Never mind, I know the answer.

Dorian Soran 7.5v

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I can live with that

Meanwhile these same people are silent or ok with how the native man conducted himself

I suspect there is some soft bigotry there.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I can live with that

I don’t think it’s soft at all

Trumo hat white kid must be in the wrong

Elderly native man must be noble and graceful

When we judge people based in their race as opposed to gheir actions, as many on this site and more importantly the media have done, there is a word for that

Racism

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So I jumped on this with the understanding the kids were in the wrong and were the aggressors even though I had a WTF moment. Being a Conservative I'm willing to defend the Native American elder and other liberals when I see this, BUT WTH...The kids were verbally attacked by a liberal group and the Native American elder was actually the aggressor as he went into the middle of the kids to chant. The kids were chanting school cheers to drown out the liberal group that was calling them Crackers, Racist, Incest kids and so on and were not actually going against the Native American elder. Looking now at the kid's face who was in front of the Native American elder it actually makes sense now as I can see now why he was doing what he was doing....

I wish the left media would just stop it for once...

edit on 21-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I can live with that

I wonder why you assume I'm saying the worst about him? (I'm also wondering why you need to turn this into something
)

Of all those boys, I have no actual problem with him. What I said (ahem) was that he looked scared to me - and that he handled that the way many young men do

He could have reached out to shake his hand. That's what I would have done. But, I also would have seen that I wasn't being threatened by him. I've actually been in a similar situation

But, I was a girl. I'm not sure if that makes a difference :-)

Sorry, but when you asked "Do you want to suppose that what he did was more honorable than what I saw?" I just assumed you saw something less honorable than what I saw.

I suppose a hand shake might have been nice, but then again, a saw no smile, handshake, or any friendly acknowledgement towards him. In fact, I saw someone bang a drum in his face in an obvious provocation.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I suppose a hand shake might have been nice, but then again, a saw no smile, handshake, or any friendly acknowledgement towards him. In fact, I saw someone bang a drum in his face in an obvious provocation.

Well - what can I say to that?

We see different things

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I can live with that

I don’t think it’s soft at all

Trumo hat white kid must be in the wrong

Elderly native man must be noble and graceful

When we judge people based in their race as opposed to gheir actions, as many on this site and more importantly the media have done, there is a word for that

Racism

I was trying to be a little kinder than that, but yes, pretty much.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well - what can I say to that?

We see different things

Did you not see the man with the drum start banging his drum mere inches from the kid's face? I think there is some video of it earlier in this thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Belief in hearsay because it agrees with your own political world view, or, taking the actual evidence into account in making a decision, and putting political dogma aside?

What you call evidence is your perception of what you saw. Your opinion of the boy's behavior is based on your own bias

Or are you basing it on what he says?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

DBL
edit on 1/21/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

What you call evidence is your perception of what you saw. Your opinion of the boy's behavior is based on your own bias

Or are you basing it on what he says?

I agree that a lot of this is perception-based. Some see a kid disrespecting an elder, some see him disrespecting a native, some see him standing up for himself; I personally see a kid trying very hard not to burst out laughing.

I also note that Phillips lost all his credibility when he lied about a really rather peaceful interaction with a minor and went straight to a national publication with his lie. Then we have CNN not doing their due diligence and instead running the story with no journalistic integrity whatsoever.

Now, I'm willing to believe that Phillips had little idea of the ramifications that would come back at this kid over social media, but CNN damn well knew what would happen with that kid after running this bull# story, and they should be held accountable for their neglect.

As we are talking about perspective, of course, even in the short 20s clip, multiple others can be seen filming the interaction, and CNN never took those perspectives into consideration whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join