It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ah so it is true. Here is a story from the SPLC. www.splcenter.org...

Apparently, these Black Hebrew Israelites are in no way connected to mainstream Judaism.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kyosuke

No, they aren't anymore than Christian Identity adherents are descendants of the true Israelites. Basically, the two groups and ideologies are two sides of the same poison coin - one for blacks and one for whites.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Why were they wearing MAGA hats?

Wanna try to tell me I cant wear a specific hat because I want to ?
What is wrong about the ideology that wants to make America great again ?
Why are you offended by a hat ?
It has been shown that the story put out is a exaggeration (re:lie) yet you are focused on a hat .
Dang , just dang...

Appears you have been around ATS long enough to know the motto
Post by it...

edit on 1/20/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Like on of our posters upthread finally revealed - they consider the MAGA hat to equal bigotry.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

There's been no deflection from anybody but the lefties here. These boys are being attacked for exercising their right to assemble and speak freely (through political symbols). They didn't break any laws.

Amazing how you leftists give cover to law breaking antifa terrorist scum while trying (and utterly failing) to crucify these great and highly intelligent kids. The real future of this country and the rightful heirs to the blessings of Constitutional Republicanism.

AKA these kids haven't been broken into believing the perpetual victim BS and will actually achieve something in life, something that really grinds the left's gears for some reason. Maybe because they know their broken and debunked ideology can't accomplish that.

Glad to know the next generation is prepared to step right into our shoes when we are no longer around.
edit on 1/20/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yeah apparently some lawyer is offering to defend them probono in a libel suit ill try to find the link

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
oops
edit on 20-1-2019 by LedermanStudio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am truly astounded their are STILL some folks that blame this minor.

Could this be the spark that ignites a civil war ?

I do not understand how so many can watch the 3 other longer videos and have diometricly opposite opinions

Is it TDS or OMB? Can I get an NPC shout out.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
So much deflection by Trump supporters on simple questions.

Why were they wearing MAGA hats? They correct answer isn't "because they can." Obviously they can, but that's a stupid, deflective answer. There is a reason multiple kids are wearing them. I count up to 9 in one photo. The correct answer they are all wearing new-looking MAGA hats is because it was a coordinated decision. Which would make sense from the people that reported they heard them chanting pro Trump cries like "Build that wall!"

Not surprising from a bunch of kids from Kansas I guess. And they are just being stupid kids, like kids do. It's funny only the left has idiots and morons and loud mouths. Everyone on the right is perfect and sweet - what a joke.

What special place in the truth parade do you march in?
Why the F&&K does anyone have to answer for their hats?

If you want everyone to feed your bias about the deeper meaning of MAGA, then just say so.

There is a pretty big chance that none of these people consulted your handouts or memos about the TRUE meaning of MAGA. They may have made the error of not reading your essay and getting permission first...

Jezuz, the self importance of some people is nausuating.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is why I have so much spite for posters like southern guardian and silly

they know the BS being shown in the media is lies..

everyone knows its lies

but they keep parroting it like its truth, when they get caught out, they vanish.

Does the news media understand that the internet is written in Pen? their entire reputations are tainted when they help the deep state push this crap

its beautiful to watch, because more and more people are waking up and when they do - its like a earthquake

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The kid who decided to square off with the Phillips was still 100% in the wrong.

WTF???

How can you go from a lucid deconstruction of the post, then wind up with a huge assumption without a basis?

That kid has already released his statement, did you read it? If so, is he just a liar? If not, you might want to reconsider your projection of this ynchpin moment in the story...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i.redd.it... so robert barnes is the lawyer per twitter that is offering services to the kids pro bono and possibly the school in this situation

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just Discovered - The Native American guy has a sordid background.
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com... and per this tweet it seems the parents are taking him up on the offer.... so rich high school prep parents with free lawyer may be going after NYT for libel this could get hilarious fast and expensive . any one smart on libel laws wanna explain the kids and parents odds of winning?

here is a link to the lawfirms page....guy seems to have quite the ego but he is a lawyer so goes with the territory i guess? www.barneslawllp.com...
edit on 20-1-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The OP of this thread( and a few others that work in a similar fashion ) have a clear cut purpose. That is to turn an article from a liberal MSM outlet into a thread and defend their stance for the first 2 pages.

Their goal is to make it look like these nonsensical and often outright false talking points have more support than they actually do.

The beauty of ATS is that the majority of those participating in the thread will call out the spin, which further proves that the subversive media is dying out.

Do you believe them when they arrogantly act like the majority??

edit on 20-1-2019 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Here is the statement from the kid:

CNN

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

The kid released a statement, saying he and family are receiving death threats.
It's so sad that society has come down to this madness.

His name and address is out now and he's a minor. All for manufactured outrage.

Kathy griffin is one of the scum who's harrassing and threatening him.

Phillips blatantly lied about what happened and he shouldn't get away with it, but he will.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Have you watched the full lenght video? What are you seeing in that?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Re: twitter.com...

Did this incident happen at the WOMEN's MARCH? I thought that was the big public event this weekend.
edit on 1/20/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.apnews.com... ha old link but the lawyer wanting to defend the kids apparently got a boat load of money betting on trump winning the presidenecy he bet 30,000 euros on it at 4-1

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — While most Chattanoogans were placing their votes on Election Day, one Chattanooga native was placing his bets. Wearing an overcoat to shield him from the mist in Dublin, Ireland, 42-year-old attorney Robert Barnes walked up to the counter of Paddy Power, a sports and gambling franchise. He pulled out 30,000 euros, and bet it all on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. The odds were 4 to 1. All day, while Americans waited in lines at polling places, Barnes stood in European betting lines until his pockets were empty and his hopes were high. Barnes grew up in East Ridge with the deck stacked against him. He credits his working-class background as a source of his profitable prescience. With his winning Trump bets netting him a high six-figure payout, Barnes also earned the attention of national pollsters for his accuracy in identifying the voting trends most of the media ignored. Now Barnes is hoping he can use his winnings and skills to return to his first passion: populist politics, a belief in the rights of common people. Sean Trende, senior elections analyst for RealClearPolitics, met Barnes in a class on populism at Yale University. “I’m from Oklahoma and we kind of bonded in that sense,” Trende said. “I think that just about everyone in that classroom came from a working-class background, which was unusual at Yale. I think (Barnes) had some good (election) insight that a lot of people missed because he has this passion for populism. It was more than just seeing what he wanted to see, it was seeing what other people weren’t willing to see.” That insight is what gave Barnes the upper hand on Election Day. ″(It was) like being in on a special secret usually reserved for the privileged few, but this time reserved for working-class folks,” Barnes said of placing his bets and calling the election. It’s a class of people Barnes knows well. From the age of 5, Barnes would rise at 4 a.m. to deliver The Chattanooga Times with his father, Walter. Then the two would take a nap and wake to deliver the Chattanooga News-Free Press in the afternoon. Barnes recalled a time his father forgot to wake him for the morning route. “I remember waking up and standing under the street light with my blanket when I was 5 or 6, waiting for my dad. And I remember the cop cars coming,” Barnes said. “And, (my dad) drove back and was agitated, but he said, ‘From now on, I will never leave you again.’”
so lets see if a lawsuit emerges and if the lawyer can keep winning so to speak

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join