It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AboveBoard

... because adolescents are the most culturally sensitive things in the world, especially boys.

Not excusing them for being idiots, but were they intentionally mocking or just being idiots about what they were doing? If they thought he was playing along, they may have been playing. And boys are dumb.

I totally agree!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I thought the same thing after watching the full length video.

Kind of a weird play by CNN as these private school kids probably have some nice lawyer money and parents typically aren't fond of their kid being expelled for no damn reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Check everything here. See for yourself

www.informationliberation.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Both sad and amusing as well that if you watch the entire video with an unbiased eye it is the "evil, white beasts in MAGA hats" that are in actuality the most liberal group in the bunch. They are literally the only ones present that speak up in the face of the other man's blatant hateful remarks about homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We need to get back to the understanding that reasonable people can disagree, can think differently, and that doing so is not hatred.

Amen. I totally respect that position and fully agree.

My dad and brother are both conservative, and even they don't agree on everything, and put me into the mix? Well, we all disagree! lol! But my brother has told me he appreciates how deeply I think about things, my dad appreciates my "quick mind" and how I try to see multiple perspectives, and to be fair. I love them both, dearly. Our disagreements are due to perspective and experience, and there is never a question of it stemming from some sort of hatred.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Guyfriday

How can government be the solution when it is the overall problem?

Because Government has oversites and can be held accountable by the public. This current model allowing these news networks to self regulate isn't working.

arent we the american people the ones regulating the networks with our pocket book and attention? as far as i know if everyone changed the channel on these networks and im not sure a single one of them is innocent wouldnt the problem solve itself real fast?

are u not basically stating that the people cant be trusted to find news that is factual so the govt needs to create a group of "elites" in essence to give us whats considered the truth? i just get very wary of any govt regulation on information.

maybe the fix lies somewhere else altogether such as the education system.

It's a very complex issue. One of the issue is that the sponsors are the people who sadly control these news networks. As for "We the People" changing the cannels, well currently it doesn't matter much since the news networks are mostly owned by only a few like minded groups. It's sites like this that offer people like us the ability to cut through he crap in an open and public way, but that really shouldn't be the way. These news networks shouldn't be pushing their opinions off as facts, then doubling down on their statements with misrepresented stories and outright lies. The average person isn't going to watch a story and do their own research into it, they are just going to hear a story from the news and go with it. This is basically what happened during the famous "War of the Worlds" broadcast, people just assumed that the radio was telling the truth.

So it's not about trusting people to find truthful news, but rather that most people don't dig deep into a story to see what's going on. Let's face it the average person is lazy when it comes to these kinds of things.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

A crowd of teenagers surrounded a Native American elder and other activists and mocked them after Friday's Indigenous Peoples March at the Lincoln Memorial.

Videos of the confrontation show a smiling young man in a red Make America Great Again hat standing directly in front of the man, who was playing a drum and chanting. Other kids could be seen laughing, jumping around and making fun of the chants.

Taitano said the whole incident started when the teens and four young African-Americans, who'd been preaching about the Bible nearby, started yelling and calling each other names.

It got pretty intense, Taitano said, so Nathan Phillips, an elder with the Omaha tribe, started playing his drum and chanting what she was told was a healing prayer, to help defuse the situation.

Phillips walked through the crowd, and Taitano said things were starting to calm down until he got to the grinning boy seen in the video.

"This one kid just refused to move and he just got in Nathan's face," she said.

Other boys circled around, she said. "They just surrounded him and they were mocking him and mocking the chant. We really didn't know what was going to happen there."

Wow thats terrible. Thank you CNN for bringing us this story.

This stroy has gone viral, spread all over the internet. There is a thread on it on ATS right now about how horrible these teens are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As that thread and other places show, that kid in the video will; have his face smeared all around the world, and will never live this down. And good, right, the racist deserves it.

Yes the video attached doesnt show anyone chanting build that wall, and it doesnt show kids approaching this native american or surrounding him, but surely CNN wouldnt lie to make it seem like whit maga hat wearing teens were evil racist.

Oops, my mistake, thats exactly what they did.

Why dont you watch the entire video for yourself and make your own judgement.

start at about 1:11:20, or even earlier than that if you really want to be sure.

Here is my take, but again, make up your own mind.

Radical black activists were screaming racist and homophobic things at a bunch of children, who were mocking them in return.

Then the Native american activists stood on the side of the racist homophobes, who cheered on the activists as he approached the kids and drummed in their face.

Then another native American activists started demeaning the kids for being white and telling them to go back to europe.

And the media take away from this is white maga hat wearing kids are horrible?

It is clear that the one sided viral narrative going around is a l;ie designed to smear these teens because they are white and wearing maga hats. Even if some are jerks, its not the onesided issue that was claimed.

Imagine had the races been reversed, and some native american kids wearing Obama hats were being taunted by whites calling the racist names and homophobic slurs. Then more white activist approached the kids chanting in their faces, while some told the kids to go back to where they came from.

the media would have gone nuts screaming about these terrible adults that were bigots and racist, and said the kids were heroes for standing up to them.

But thanks to cultural marxism, we know that because of the kids skin color and maga hats, they must be in the wrong and the adults of "oppressed" groups must be in the right.

If you look at the other thread listed, you will see how this plays out. People read the headline, watch the small clip, and make up their minds how these kids are terrible and deserve all sorts of punishment.

And so the full video of what really happened is only seen by a small percentage, and places like CNN get to push the narrative even trump supporting teens arre racist scum bags.

And meanwhile, God help the kid prominently pictured who is about to have his life turned upside down

I only know of this story from ATS. Like Trump with Pelosi you all just cannot keep the progressives from occupying the space between your ears.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I only know of this story from ATS. Like Trump with Pelosi you all just cannot keep the progressives from occupying the space between your ears.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There was a bit of ugly on all sides, it would seem.

It is possible that the explanation from both sides is painting their respective tellers in a good light? Yes. Very possible. That is human nature. We are never the bad guy in our own story. I think that is largely what is at play here.

I'm giving some benefit of the doubt to the drummer and the kids, unless or until I see otherwise. And I will be careful to change that middle ground, not out of cowardice to form an opinion or something, but because there are so many different sides to look at, and perspectives to consider.

More may come out about this, and a different / fuller story may be told. That doesn't mean that the first story was an intentional "lie" but a single perspective from a narrow view.

edit on 20-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This was nothing more than a media-driven attack on Trump supporters and people against abortions.

Facts have nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter the facts.

It's all about the hate!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting twitter thread, which seems very balanced.

link: James Martin twitter thread

Re #CovingtonHighSchool: I will be happy to apologize for condemning the actions of the students if it turns out that they were somehow acting as good and moral Christians. The last thing I want is to see Catholic schools and Catholic students held in any disrepute. 1/

And I’ve certainly been wrong before. 2/

Because it seems like that there are now three narratives. First, students jeer at a Native American elder (and Vietnam Vet) after the March for Life. This is what horrified many people. And, frankly, a group of taunting high school students seemed to speak for itself. But… 3/

A second narrative is that students themselves were being jeered at by another group. That counter-narrative prompted some apologies today from some who had, like me, strongly condemned the students. 4/

But it’s very hard to square that second narrative with the apology from the school itself, and the Diocese of Covington, who would presumably have known, from first-hand reports and eyewitnesses, if the students’ actions had been somehow misrepresented. 5/

Now, a third narrative has emerged, thanks to the Detroit Free Press and other sources, which reports that Mr. Phillips, the elder, interposed himself between two jeering groups, chanting to bring peace. At which point the Covington students then turned their ire on him. 6/

Where does this leave us? First, a comment about the March for Life, which I support. The gross over-politicization of this religious event, and its increasing reliance on political figures to draw crowds, is unnecessary, irreligious and dangerous. 7/

Second, a more practical, pastoral, concern: where were the chaperones? The idea that a group of Catholic high school students appeared to have been placed, wittingly or unwittingly, in such an incendiary situation, seems to indicate a lack of oversight. 8/

Third, Rashomon-like, we may never know exactly what happened and the various “sides” may continue to disagree and condemn one another. But I hope the truth emerges and apologies are forthcoming. Mine will be, if necessary. If necessary, I hope the students' will be as well. 9/

Until then, a willingness to learn and dialogue are essential. Dialogue among Covington High School administrators. Between Covington students and Indigenous Peoples. Between that group of students and Mr. Phillips. 10/

In disagreement, dialogue is essential, as is what Pope Francis calls a “culture of encounter.” For example, a service trip for the students to a Native American reservation--as a learning opportunity. 11/

Another essential lesson, which transcends whatever happened in Washington this weekend: an understanding of the appalling treatment that Native Americans have endured in our country. That lesson needs to be learned regardless of what you think of Covington High School. 12/

This Teachable Moment can offer us, if we are both open and humble, important lessons about racism and marginalization, about dialogue and encounter, and about truth and reconciliation, during this coming week, which is, believe it or not, Catholic Schools Week. 13/13

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I waited 14 pages to post because unlike some participants in this thread and unlike the MSM, their acolytes and the twitter "activists" I watched the entire video. Yes, I managed to find a source that youtube didn't take down and watched the whole thing.

I'm not stepping into the mud with some of our more political members because that sort of conversation doesn't interest me and is a waste of time. I also like to be civil so I'll refrain from the insults I've seen thrown on the last 14 pages.

The bottom line here is very simple: After watching the ENTIRE video it is clear that the media portrayal of the incident is FALSE. There is no other way to look at it. Nathan Philips' statements are FALSE.

There are "celebrities" and "activists" on twitter as we speak who have released the names of students in this school, their parents and school administrators. There are "celebrities" and "activists" on twitter who have encouraged violence against the aforementioned people.

Hey, I understand... you were sent a clip, the short clip looked like the kid was being a prick. But the psychotic glee coming from these "celebrities" and "activists" in the attempted and currently in progress destruction of the lives of people involved in an incident that was NOT the way it was portrayed... this is mob "justice.

People's lives are being ruined by a fraudulent, edited, misrepresented video.

This is wrong.

Whatever your political leanings (and as I said in my introduction, I don't care about political leanings) if you believe what's going on here is justice you're a sick person.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There is also this ...

There are multiple video clips out there that show multiple things and different sides.

But then I watched more clips, showing the greater context of the incident. It is not as simple as it has been portrayed. … In it, one of the Catholic boys is overheard asking, “Does anybody know what he’s doing? Does anybody know what’s going on here.”

And, in it, one of the Indians with Phillips shouts: “White people, go back to Europe. This is not your land.” He curses the students with f-bombs (video is NSFW). He goes on: “You’re being a white man about it. That’s all you know how to do.”

You didn’t see that in the news reporting, did you?

Then, at the 4:40 mark, members of an insane black radical cult called the Black Hebrews (I remember them from my DC days) starts ranting at the boys about whites and sodomy, and says that “your president is a homosexual.” He makes fun of Christian civilization, saying: “You give faggots rights!”

It seems that this was a confused and chaotic situation all the way around. I'm not sure that anyone really knew what was going on for sure.

At least one of the boys doesn't know what's up. At least one of the Natives with Phillips was being hostile whatever Phillips himself intended and that may not have been communicated clearly.

And one thing we can all agree on is that the Black Hebrews were as inflammatory as the KKK would have been had they been there.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is that a *lot* of people fell for the initial reports on this, even a lot of conservative sources. This was very skillfully done to create an impression.

This sort of thing undermines an important function of media.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It couldn't be that Mr. Phillips has an axe to grind, could it?

Activists Hold Native Round Dance In Protest At Trump International Hotel
WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 27: Native Youth Alliance Executive Director Nathan Phillips of Omaha Tribe in Nebraska beats a drum on the steps in front of the Trump International Hotel during a protest April 27, 2017 in Washington, DC. Organized by The Indigenous Environmental Network, the protesters gathered in front of the hotel that bears the name of U.S. President Donald Trump to rally against the Dakota Access Pipeline, the XL Pipeline and other projects and programs that they say damages the environment. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Getty Images

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Of course he didn't. Because then his narrative wouldn't work. You can point 'em in the right direction, but you can't make 'em learn.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I thought the same thing after watching the full length video.

Kind of a weird play by CNN as these private school kids probably have some nice lawyer money and parents typically aren't fond of their kid being expelled for no damn reason.

Yeah and completely edited out the people who were ACTUALLY making racial and homophobic remarks, which were the 4 black gentlemen.....

If this doesnt illustrate just how much social media and the news are trying to lead people by the nose i dunno what will....

People should be pissed at themselves and the media for being fooled, not these idiot kids

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Wardaddy454

A smile is hatred now apparently.

Tell me about it-One time when the Australian rugby league team played New Zealand, the New Zealand team did their war dance (which I love) then they did a threatening cutthroat gesture, so the aussies marched forward as one with arms around each others' shoulders.

That was considered disrespectful. Really? They made their war dance-threatening to slit our throats, and a show of solidarity is disrespectful? BS. At the end of the day we kicked their butts (However the New Zealanders are getting better) but still...there was no racial overtones, just seventeen players.

Lol really? I think I'm beginning to understand the people that just wanna be left alone off grid.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

By David Williams, CNN

A real unbiased reporter.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Actually, we all know what they'd have called him...

Watched the unedited video, and then started on this thread.

ATS's motto is deny ignorance. Not embrace and rejoice in it.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join