It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Guyfriday

Are you familiar with Operation Mockingbird and the repealing of the propaganda ban?

So you also realize that propaganda can again be banned. So while you make a point it isn't a very good one, but let me ask you this;

If you don't think the Government should be called in to regulate these news networks to ensure that they are in fact stating the truth, then who can be trusted to regulate these news groups?

As it is right now, nobody is really doing anything about this and it's only getting worse.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well at least(as much as is possible with you), you aren’t defending the little magats. Actions have consequences. He’s gonna have to own it. After perusing the almost 2 hour video I can understand why the board racists are all a Twitter. There were some strong words coming from the black guys. I couldn’t hear what was coming back at them though. Don’t really care. a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

this is perhaps the most level headed, reasonable commentary I have read so far. after watching the video several times this is how I feel as well. I just wish the media could portray it this way as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So you also realize that propaganda can again be banned. So while you make a point it isn't a very good one, but let me ask you this;

It could, sure. I don't see how you are going to put that genie back into the bottle however. I'm open to theories.

If you don't think the Government should be called in to regulate these news networks to ensure that they are in fact stating the truth, then who can be trusted to regulate these news groups?

Nobody. No single entity, at all. WE can be trusted. That is sorting the facts and displaying them verbally or in written form. Having discussion and debate. Bringing new facts to the table as the become clear and available.

As it is right now, nobody is really doing anything about this and it's only getting worse.

It's exactly what we are doing right now. Is it common? No. Is it prevalent? Hell no. Is it making a difference? Only in a very small way.

IMO of course.
edit on 20-1-2019 by JinMI because: Ridiculously redudant wording.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Even that would be a reasonable assessment.

Far above what is going viral and being reported ad-nauseum to the public.

Thank you. I agree.

We have all been primed for outrage, and social media is a perfect outlet for it where public judgment is swift and unrelenting, flailing from hash-tag rage to hash-tag rage, teeth bared and guillotine's snapping.

It is a festering plague of anger attacking the vital organs of the nation, a symptom of virulent political dynamics, a putrescence of click-bait reporting, and a cultural divide that is painfully being widened every day. Like a sternum separator in a heart operation, we are cracked open, our national heart raw, diseased, and exposed. Will this breaking come full circle to health? Or will the patient die on the table...

No one wants to say, "you know, maybe I'm only seeing one side of this..." on just about everything. I am sometimes guilty of that, too, but I try.

Please forgive the double metaphor during my rant.

edit on 20-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Please forgive the double metaphor during my rant.

No apology needed. We likes it dark precious!

On topic:
I stated earlier in the thread that my biggest fear is when this pendulum swings back the other way. It will, and when it does, there will be some very disastrous consequences.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

this is perhaps the most level headed, reasonable commentary I have read so far. after watching the video several times this is how I feel as well. I just wish the media could portray it this way as well.

Treasure this moment because you won't see many more of these from the MSM. CNN is correcting their story on this matter.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Treasure this moment because you won't see many more of these from the MSM. CNN is correcting their story on this matter.

mobile.twitter.com...

Damn. You know it is a damning lie when Jake Tapper calls them on it.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

We need to get back to the understanding that reasonable people can disagree, can think differently, and that doing so is not hatred.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You are denying all of the footage of the kids behaving badly/rudely? Come on Grambler. It's out there.

As to the intentions of the native drummer, Phillips, I think there is room for him to have good intentions that struck up against kids who had no idea what he was trying to do. He was chanting a prayer. They were clueless and mocked him, doing the "tomahawk chop" football thing as well as being adolescent jerks.

I wish the elder drummer would have better understood what to do if his intention was to diffuse. I am not willing to call him a liar, though.

I am giving both parties the benefit of the doubt, largely.

If I'd been standing where this videographer was, I would see how the boys were acting at a certain point. This is not the entirety of the story, perhaps, but can you deny that they are behaving badly? As I said, there are other videos with other perspectives out there. Each participant interpreted things their own way and with their own biases.

edit on 20-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

... because adolescents are the most culturally sensitive things in the world, especially boys.

Not excusing them for being idiots, but were they intentionally mocking or just being idiots about what they were doing? If they thought he was playing along, they may have been playing. And boys are dumb.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We need to get back to the understanding that reasonable people can disagree, can think differently, and that doing so is not hatred.

And boys are dumb.

Well, you're a stupid doodyhead! Also correct.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The kids may well have been behaving rudely, that seems reasonable. Imerely point out one of those kids gave anj explanation that theyt thought they were playing along with the drummer.

But I am not sure either weay.

I do know the drummer lied when he said the kid blocked his exit; he did not.

I also find it d=strange you are willing to totally take the drummer at face value, that he only wanted to diffuse the situation by going with a man shouting for white kids to go back to europe, getting right in one of their faces, and lying to the media, all the while ignoring the racist homphobic black activists.

I am saying both sides could have been being rude, or not.

You say you are giving both sides the benefit of the doubt but then say you know the kids were mocking when at least one of them claim it was chanting with the man not against him, and yet seem to be more sympathetic to the drummer and his claims which his actions seem to put is a suspect light

But ultimately I think we are basically in agrrement that who knows whateach side was thinking.

The media and other spin on these kids being evil racist and the otyher side being noble is an absolute joke desiugned to foster division and smear maga hat wearers and trump, and its unacceptable.

Now these kids will suffer because of the misleading way the media covered this.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

mobile.twitter.com...

He couldn't say it himself. But it's better than nothing I suppose.

Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) Tweeted:
.@reason: “Video footage strongly contradicts Native American veteran Nathan Phillips' claim that Covington Catholic High School boys harassed him. The media got this one completely wrong,” writes @robbysoave t.co... twitter.com...

edit on 20-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

mobile.twitter.com...

Jake Tapper is probably becoming weary of pretending like he's a journalist for so long.

He might be ready to start acting like a professional with integrity, again.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

And boys are dumb.

Well, you're a stupid doodyhead! Also correct.

Hey, I know this for a fact. I have three nephews. The oldest is in high school with the next oldest in junior high. Those two are knuckleheads and I can't wait to see what my 8-year-old is like.

Let the good times roll.

We also have no idea what these kids are like with their peer group either. I know it's a popular misconception that private schools are only and ever packed with just white kids. I also know that boys in a mixed race grouping will do all kinds of things most pearl clutchers would consider horrible all the way around because that's what boys do.

I remember one DJ taling about his son and friends used to poke fun at each other, and how he had to tell him he couldn't just take that for granted after the moved until he knew his new friends really well.
edit on 20-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

How can government be the solution when it is the overall problem?

Because Government has oversites and can be held accountable by the public. This current model allowing these news networks to self regulate isn't working.

arent we the american people the ones regulating the networks with our pocket book and attention? as far as i know if everyone changed the channel on these networks and im not sure a single one of them is innocent wouldnt the problem solve itself real fast?

are u not basically stating that the people cant be trusted to find news that is factual so the govt needs to create a group of "elites" in essence to give us whats considered the truth? i just get very wary of any govt regulation on information.

maybe the fix lies somewhere else altogether such as the education system.
edit on 20-1-2019 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Enh, I tend to agree.

It's hard for me to believe that these young men weren't being incredibly annoying throughout.

On top of the typical teenage bravado, they're private school brats.

I've always found gender-specific private schools odd. I think young men and women provide eachother with a sort of natural balance in their teen years. I can't imagine how stupid I would've been without my female friends in highschool.

But again that all does sort of make them an easy target for this liar and CNN.
edit on 20-1-2019 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Seems like the kids in this video, however obnoxious they are, have a pretty damn good case for a libel/defamation suit......

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Yep.

Normally though, this kind of idiocy would be dealt with inside the school through school discipline and with the parents backing it up. It would not become the basis for a national shaming like it has been made into.

In fact, the only real underpinning for racism is the MAGA hat itself.

If any group in the video deserves national scorn, it's the Black Hebrews yelling their bile.
edit on 20-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join