It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceptive editing and lies used to smear Maga hat wearing teens as racist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow, the left is really doubling down on stupidity.

I thought TDS would have run it's course but it's getting worse.

I think it's the soy.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

im not sure it would even matter these days since most americans ability to seperate fact from opinion is no better then if they flipped a coin at best.
fact from opinion article

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Are you claiming the Native American fellow was with the other people? It’s my understanding he was trying to diffuse the situation, not create one, and the little magat was showing his arse. I guess it’s a safe bet that you also self identify as a Christian, sad. a reply to: kyosuke

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Grambler

Dare I say that your skillset is no longer needed. I mean all I need to do to be right is call you names and side with the mob. Therefore your argument is invalid and you are also a(n) ________. No debate needed!

The only thing I fear more than what to me seems like extreme tactics and mob mentality, is when the pendulum swings back the other way.

It will be up to us to fight against all of this bigotry and mob mentality no matter what side it comes from.

Agreed. History shows that the swing will be bigger and bolder than this someday for the other 'side.'

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

So agreeing with a message from the President of the US is provoking violence while you are walking around DC? Do you hear your self?

Anyways it's clear that this whole issue is being used to create a fake powered keg. The questions we should be poking at is why?

You obese, insecure, grumpy old males should lose the victim mentality card.

Very mature!

Hey kids, racism and homophobia is ok as long as its being directed at white kids wearing maga hats!

Suck it up if you have a problem with that!

I never said I had problem with MAGA hats. Take my advice, cut the victim mentality bs. The idiot wore the hat to provoke people, now he's unpopular. That seems fair.

Its not voctim mentality crap.

Its callingb out people for screaming "racist" at these kids, and palstering his face all over the world, whikle even media people suiggest perhaps he needs punched in the face.

All the while ignoring the fact the kid did nothing and in fact he was the one that was having racist stuffed screamed at him.

You saying that is fair, along with your very mature calling of b]]=people as obese and whatnot proves you have a serious flawed way of viewing this situation.

He wore a hat that is associated with bigotry. Yes. A MAGA hat equals bigotry. Trump is a bigot douche bag. Anything with Trumps name on it spells biggot. That's just how it is and Trump has only himself to thank for it.
You have no problem calling people communists or whatever so I have no problem telling people what they really are.

And there we have it!

The intolerant left in all of their moral superiority!

And there we have it. Victim mentality. You know what? All this just proves how unpopular Trump is. He is so "popular" that you can't even wear a crappy hat of his without being labeled as a douche. That's the reality dear sir, no matter how hard you try to spin it

You are the poster child of victim mentality, as well as the rest of your party....... and the only thing all this proves is how much of genuine triggered lil snowflake you are. Get the F over yourself already, you ain't all ya think ya are, not even close.

edit on 20-1-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Are you claiming the Native American fellow was with the other people? It’s my understanding he was trying to diffuse the situation, not create one, and the little magat was showing his arse. I guess it’s a safe bet that you also self identify as a Christian, sad. a reply to: kyosuke

It's amazing how we have all this cool video technology out there. I mean, you don't even have to read, you can watch with your own two eyes!

How you still have it wrong is a grand feat.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Here, read through this and decide for yourself...
HATE HOAX

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

im not sure it would even matter these days since most americans ability to seperate fact from opinion is no better then if they flipped a coin at best.
fact from opinion article

Which is exactly why the Government should step in and put an end to this "My Opinion is Fact" mentality that these news networks seem to be pushing. This situation is like a long drawn out version of Orson Wells broadcast of the "War of the Worlds", but now instead of a book being used, made up ideas are being pushed.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This reminds me of a crime scene. Where a witness is standing and what they see and hear influence their interpretation, along with their own biases. There are a number of videos out there that show a number of different things.

The video you posted is only one perspective of the whole, though it provides some context for what else was happening at the time. As to witnesses and videos: It is possible for different conclusions to be reached as to what actually happened based on the perspective of the individual, what part they saw, and their own experiences.

There is clear footage of the black religious group being hateful and stirring the pot in your video.

The native drummer says he was trying to diffuse the situation with the black religious group and the kids, but that the boys tightly surrounded him and a few other people in a way that was designed to be intimidating, mocking and disrespectful. His intentions were not well communicated, and the boys did not know how to interpret his actions. Was he challenging them? Insulting them? Yelling at them?

There is clear footage of the kids mocking the drummer in a few videos.

Words are clearly passed between a native man with the drummer and one of the kids in one video I saw, with both of them being angry, and neither being 'world embracing,' so to speak.

I will say that in my own opinion, the kids clearly didn't understand what was happening, and are reacting as if challenged, with their adolescent, jerky sort of bravado and rudeness being a sign of that reaction. They were in a large group, where "group action" and reaction were at play, with all those young men trying to impress each other with their bravado. Where were the chaperones?

A responsible, reasonable adult the boys respected could have ended this whole thing in less than a minute, shutting them up, telling them to behave respectfully towards the drummer, regardless of what the boys thought was happening, moving them away from the spectacle, and protecting them from the results of this fiasco.

If I were charged with making full sense of all this, I would need to view a lot of different videos and talk to a lot of people from the various groups. It is a sad mess.

It is possible to hold the opinion that the poorly supervised kids behaved badly right along side with the opinion that the black religious folks expressing their 1st Amendment rights were being horrible human beings bent on venting and triggering aggression, along with thinking that the intention of the native drummer to diffuse the situation in a way that made sense to him was not necessarily going to translate to the boys, who would just see it as weird and possibly as a challenge.

That's kind of where I'm at with it at this time. More information might sway me in a different direction, but the bottom line is, it was preventable and its really sad that it happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How can government be the solution when it is the overall problem?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

How can government be the solution when it is the overall problem?

Because Government has oversites and can be held accountable by the public. This current model allowing these news networks to self regulate isn't working.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Even that would be a reasonable assessment.

Far above what is going viral and being reported ad-nauseum to the public.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Dupe.

Stop drinking soy.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Your understanding??????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: Grambler

You never cease to amaze me, the time you spend defending idiots. The kids were wrong. Now I am going back to real life. You should try it.

Saying it on both your puppet accounts doesnt make it any more true.........

But what it does show is that not only are you too dense to watch the video (or you just CHOOSE ignorance), you double down with it by posting the same crap on two dif accounts.....

Christ you guys are predictable.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Great on paper.

Never translates that way in actual use however. Pick your 3 letter bureaucracy and show me where it is doing the public good in an open and honest manner.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

But even you assume the kids were mocking the drummer.

You take the drummers word that he only wanted to diffuse, yet we see he was with a man yelling at the kids to go back to europe. He also does not approach the black activists who were yelling the slurs at the kids, instead only going up to the kids. Why walk straight into only the kids face if it was meant to diffuse?

In addition, why did the native man lie to the media, claiming the kid pictured block his escape as he feared for his safety, when clearly that is not the case.

Then you also assume the kids were mocking the drummer, which may be the case. However, a letter from a kid who claims he was there syas they were chanting before the drummer got there (which is true) and thought the drummer was joining in with them at first, hence was why they started chanting with the drummer.

That may or may not be a lie, who knows?

The point is the media and many many others rushed wity tghis story to show a narratiove, that these kids were racist to noble great people who did nothing wrong, and somehow this is connected to trump and the wall.

The media spread the lie the kids surrounded the drummer, and have made the claim with no evidence from any video that Build the wall was chanted, while ignoring all of the real racil and homophobic comments that were directed at the kids.

And even with the full video coming to light, many people arew still saying because of the kids hat they deserved all of it, which will now include possible expulsion, doxxing of them and their family, and who knows what else.

That is what I am condemning in this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Great on paper.

Never translates that way in actual use however. Pick your 3 letter bureaucracy and show me where it is doing the public good in an open and honest manner.

This falls under the guidance of the FCC, and they do seem to do a better job then most at what they enforce.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Are you familiar with Operation Mockingbird and the repealing of the propaganda ban?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

And yours is a reasonable assessment, certainly. Far more reasonable than almost the entire country's right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join