It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler with her hands up as she walks towards police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just remember folx:

The BIGGEST Influence Your Children Will Ever Have.... Is YOU

So obviously this "shocker" is from Yahoo using their "click baiting tactics" to instantly make you think the Police are the bad guys here. Actually, the story shows that children are cute, scared, vulnerable and can be EASILY influenced by their parents.

In this case, it involves shoplifters who are stopped and directed out of their truck at gunpoint. The officers didn't know there was a child in the truck with the suspects. The child basically mimics her parent/s with her hands up as she walks towards police. In the video, you can hear one officer telling her sweetly that she didn't do anything wrong that she didn't need to put her hands up.

Sadly, the police "HAD to defend their actions". First thought was, THOSE BASTARDS!!! Why would police do that to an innocent little girl!!!

What's really sad is that a child and a younger sibling were with the suspects when they were up to no good. Just think if this all had gone south really fast....

Sad... Just Sad.

Good job Yahoo. You tried to sway your viewers once again to the dark side before they found out what really happened.

Source

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The " news" anchor says " No matter who is at fault"

It's the GD parents fault for putting the kids in that situation to begin with !

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I realize how easily this can be taken out of context given the actual circumstances,

Yet having a daughter myself, this is absolutely sickening to watch.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Now, besides shoplifting, the parents will be slapped with two counts of child endangerment, and the sweet little kids will "go into the system." Sad

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Many people today are unconcerned with personal accountability. Of course they're going to blame the police.

The parents should be charged not only with shoplifting, but with child abuse (endangering and contributing to delinquency of a minor child).

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yeah, typically they left out the part where they found 300g of crack and 3 unregistered guns with the kids fingerprints all over them.

Apparently the parents were in the middle of ratting the kid out before she heard them with her super sharp toddler hearing, thats when she got out the car and raised her arms just in case the parents had mentioned the guns.

Theres speculation the parents may have deliberately driven erratically to draw the cops attention but at this stage thats unverified

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Parents put their hands up...so will the kid. Maybe the kid just wanted to be picked up during all the ruckus. They put their hands up like that when they want to get picked up too. I wouldn't worry about this effecting the child. She is young.

They blew this all out of proportion on the media.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The parents could be repeat offenders, kids shouldn't need to know how to raise their hands above their heads.

The Guns were clearly pointed at the parents, but still it's f'in messed up, It would be interesting to hear the charges laid, if any.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321
I realize how easily this can be taken out of context given the actual circumstances,

Do you break the law at various times with her with you ?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Good job the police didn't start firing at the vehicle and the parents got out of it. I'd say the child was just copying her parents, the police were obviously not going to shoot at the child.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Shadys321

Do you break the law at various times with her with you ?

My parents did the same, both alcoholics and drug abusers, they wouldn't hesitate to use my personal safety as a sympathy card, hell I was locked up at 11 for my fathers' crimes.

I'm glad they are dead.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Personal responsibility is dead. As long as I can blame it on somebody else and it fits an agenda, it will remain so.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
So obviously this "shocker" is from Yahoo using their "click baiting tactics" to instantly make you think the Police are the bad guys here.

It's interesting that when I read the title (both the original title and your shortened version) I didn't think the police were the bad guys, as the title says that the toddler was walking towards the police, not that the police were calling the toddler.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
When people say think of the children...I like to reply that I'd rather think about the parents who can't take care of,our teach their children.

Here is the problem IMO
An ignorant generation, will be ignorant children raising ignorant children.

Sometimes I wonder when someone says to think about the children,do they actually mean the adults and themselves??

When I see 7 year old children at protests, I think of all this.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Winner! 😂😂😂😂

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I watched the video clip muted.

The suspected "toddler" got out of the vehicle on the drivers side? If the "toddler" is able to drive, then the "toddler" should have been tazed at the very least. Maybe maced.

As a parent who had TWO of them, I know how crafty they can be at the age of two.

If you shoot them, it only pisses them off.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How did the policemen miss the fact there were 2 kids in the truck , and they then left the door open in a carpark ?

The toddler is already aware and sensible enough to know she could get wasted by the unpredictable removed-awarenesses of basic law robots with deadly weapons which she felt she must ask in the appropriate way if she can get her mother back .

She's seen films of guns and shooting , seen cops cars , she already knows the score . And it's absolutely true you never quite know what you're going to get from one officer to another.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Are you being serious right now? I would never put my daughter in any sort of danger let alone risk her safety in any way shape or form.

You did make me laugh though

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are like rabid little badgers with a highly developed brain.

Stupid parents. Should have them neutered as a punishment.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
How did the policemen miss the fact there were 2 kids in the truck , and they then left the door open in a carpark ?

The toddler is already aware and sensible enough to know she could get wasted by the unpredictable removed-awarenesses of basic law robots with deadly weapons which she felt she must ask in the appropriate way if she can get her mother back .

She's seen films of guns and shooting , seen cops cars , she already knows the score . And it's absolutely true you never quite know what you're going to get from one officer to another.

It doesn't have to be all that. You just projected an entire movie onto that kid.

Kids are incredibly perceptive, that is true. She may have never seen or heard all that you're suggesting. But she could feel the panic in the adults during this encounter and she instinctively imitated them when she got out. Could be as simple as that.

Obviously the parents are morons though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join