It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"He lied because he said the kid was blocking his escape"

Given the look in his eyes, i would have been rather ambivalent to turn my back on him and retreat.

"The video shows that is not true, the man approached the kid"

Or the Man approached a bus stop? There are conflicting opinions where the old'yins intent is concerned, are there not?

Hypothetical query, if he was your kid would you be happy with the way he handled the situation? he did not need to bow down but simply walk away.

You don't stand old people, you just don't.

I think he should have walked over to his mates and then seen what happened next.

edit on 21-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If that were myou kid I would be damn proud

Called racial and homophobic racism insults, had adults get in his face and chant to provide me a reaction

And what did he do?

Smile, say nothing mean, and even motion to his friend to not respond to a native activist making racial insults to them

I would be very proud

I know you and others seem to think his smile is somehow inappropriate, I disagree

Again, you still haven’t told me what this kid was supposed to do

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

"And what did he do?"

He stood an old age pensioner with malice in his skyballs, that's enough.

"Again, you still haven’t told me what this kid was supposed to do"

Again, I think i mentioned, he should have walked away over to his mates and seen what happened next.

The day im proud my children stand old people, unless its the establishment, will be a very sad day indeed.

edit on 21-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Well I disagree

I will teach my children not to back down from racist no matter what there age

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Fake news.

You do realize that a good portion of twitter is apologizing for the way they acted.

It's glorious and actually makes me believe that there is some humanity left.

Hell, even Jake Trapper...TRAPPER RT'd an article on how the Media messed this one up.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time considering the Buzzfeed bombshell fizzle 😏

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hate it when a post hits the bottom of a page of a fast moving thread as that usually ensures it is missed by many. With that in mind, from my previous post:

It was a provocative image that rocketed across social media, leading many, including the students’ own school, to condemn the boys’ behavior as disrespectful. But on Sunday, Mr. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd...
emphases mine

Also:

3:How old is he? Both the 2000 articles on him and the 2019 articles on him give him the same birth year.
Nov. 26, 2000, age 45. 2000 - 45 = 1955.
64 years old, January of 2019. 64 - 2019 = 1955

He claims to have joined when he was 17. This would put him at 1972. (1955 + 17 = 1972).

The problem? The last Marine combat unit left Vietnam on June 25, 1971.

relevant tweet

Is this a potential case of stolen valor?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yeah, NO.

You got your wires crosses dude, no thanks. Next time, get caught up on your information before trying to turn this pile of fake news crap into a pitiful attempt at sculpting something.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well I disagree

For the record: the old guy wasn't the one yelling insults, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Well I disagree

No his crew was. The kid motioned for one of his friends to not argue with the racist native activist, I wonder why the noble old man didn’t ask people on his side to stop making racist comments?

The old guy was the one getting in to a kids face and then lying to the media to smear the kids

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Propagandalf

The kind where you don't square off with an OAP with a stupid grin on your puss, to be honest.

Standing and smiling = bad manners. Yet nothing about the manners of anyone else involved. It sounds like you hold standards to some that you refuse to hold to others.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
As with most things here, it comes down to mincing words. I don’t see any evidence the “media” ran a smear campaign. And to say the video is edited for a purpose other than time is at best, dishonest. The other hour and 45 minutes doesn’t change one thing. We are the captains of our own destiny and sometimes the only choice we are afforded in a situation is how we react to the stimulus it presents. The kid chose poorly. I don’t care what color his skin is or what hat he’s wearing.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It sounds like you hold higher standards to some while refusing to hold them to others. Is it because you hold lower expectations to everyone else involved?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

His crew? Kin liability much?

The old guy was the one getting in to a kids face and then lying to the media to smear the kids

He said nothing else in the second clip we still have in the OP. As in "walking through the crowd that made way until that one guy didn't".
You know where you're at? Stick to the facts for a second?

edit on 21-1-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Sandmann denied that he blocked Phillips' path and insisted that Phillips was the one who "locked eyes" with him. He also denied that anyone said "build that wall" or anything hateful.

"I was not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation," Sandmann said in his statement.

CNN

So the kid says a different story.

Since Phillips is the one making allegations, he has the onus of proof here.

There are about 90 people filming the events here upon cursory glance.

Why would that evidence be so hard to obtain?

Most likely because it didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

First as an adult, if I am with an adult that starts nhurling racial slurs at kids, I would ask them to stop

Secondly, this kid is being smeared for things his “kin” supposedly did

I can’t decipher what the rest of your post means

Phillips got in this kids face, then lied to the media to smear him

The kid did nothing wrong, yet was fixed and threatened in part thanks to the media that spread these lies and withheld facts of the native and black activists racism and bad behavior

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The whole issue is the white guy didn't kowtow to Nathan. Maga kid checked ALL of the progressive oppressor stat boxes, white, Christian, trump supporter, etc.

So anything done to provoke him is justified by the progressives here. Nathan is high on the oppressed scale, the kid was as far opposite as possible.

edit on 21-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
As with most things here, it comes down to mincing words. I don’t see any evidence the “media” ran a smear campaign. And to say the video is edited for a purpose other than time is at best, dishonest. The other hour and 45 minutes doesn’t change one thing. We are the captains of our own destiny and sometimes the only choice we are afforded in a situation is how we react to the stimulus it presents. The kid chose poorly. I don’t care what color his skin is or what hat he’s wearing.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The other 1:45 changes nothing?

Except you can see that the old man approached these kids, instead of the narrative that they surrounded him. You can hear the kids having racial epithets slung at them, but none slung in return. You can see at the Israelite group was verbally harassing/threatening them. And you can see the old man insert himself in the middle of it, which is opposite what he and the news claimed.

To see and hear the truth you first have to open your eyes and remove your fingers from your ears.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"And what did he do?"

He stood an old age pensioner with malice in his skyballs, that's enough.

Excuse me...are you trying to discern intent from a point of ignorance? "malice in his eyeballs"....its a laughable accusation. Unless you drank the water from a Magic 8 ball and have been endowed with magical powers.

"Again, you still haven’t told me what this kid was supposed to do"

Again, I think i mentioned, he should have walked away over to his mates and seen what happened next.

The day im proud my children stand old people, unless its the establishment, will be a very sad day indeed.

So the kid who was standing there should turn his back, but you assert that the old man who walked up to him shouldn't? Don't you see the bias you are bringing into this story?

Just admit it: you hate him for his MAGA hat.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well I disagree

No, the old man was the one using physical intimidation against children by walking his mob up to them for a confrontation.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Look up both marches yourself, it aint that complicated after all.

I will fight for their right to do the 'march of indigenous life' when they want to come together as one though. And it would be awesome!

You called it two political marches. The right to life March is not political. There plenty of Democrats that are Catholic that attend the Right to Life gatherings. Believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

An old racist imagine that?

If indeed that's the case, which is debatable. LoL

Fact is in this world, chances are, your children will encounter such, might even be their grandparents. LoL

Teach them what you will Grambler, there your kids/will be your kids, manners cost little, but everyone gets old, well not everyone.

One day we might be the old man, and our opinions or way we go about doing things may not be shared, i hope we are lucky enough to have taught the previous generation better than that child, to be honest.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join