It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's plan to reopen government and fund border security

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: JBurns

If I was Trump I would give the Dems nothing now.

The Democrats will look even more callous if the Pelosi-led House votes down Dreamers, and Protecting Americans, and Re-Opening the government.. all at the same time!

Their base doesn't care. It is all Orange Man Bad now. I believe he should give them nothing and declare it a National Emergency.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I agree Trump should do that for the Dreamers, but not with the help of the Dems. They obviously could care less. He should declare a National Emergency for the wall, and help DACA.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
At this point Trump could put the cure for cancer on the table and the dems would say no...

They say open the Government and then we will talk...seems with the Government open or not the only world they know is "no"...

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You would be wrong. It was his offer very early in his administration made by Trump to Chuck Schumer in January of 2018. It was met with smiles at first and then Chuck and Nancy turned it down. It was a much better offer than they first asked for. This offer made today goes even further. No deal has ever been presented by Democrats, only 30 second sound bites. This has nothing to do with they want, only to deny Trump of anything he can claim as success.

www.cnbc.com...

Make sure to read the date of the article as it's from last year when he made a similar proposal to todays.

That's a major gift from the administration any way you look at it. Democrats were hoping to come out of these eventual negotiations with protections for about 800,000 people. But without even presenting a counteroffer, they're being offered protection for 1.8 million.

That's an article from CNBC explaining why Democrats should take the deal. They turned it down as we all know which again brings us to another shut down and another offer that's even sweeter and again they turn it down. So NO it's not an offer that passed Trumps desk before. Today's offer is similar to his earlier offer which was turned down just like todays

Second, the demands President Trump makes in return for that massive amnesty expansion aren't as harsh as they look from the headlines. We already know there is at least some Democratic support for the $25 billion the president wants for border security and an enhanced border wall.

Actually he is not wrong. Senate voted on a Congressional bill 100-0 and then Trump refused to sign because Ann Coulter and Hannity told him not to. 100-0, every senator voted for the bill and Trump refused to sign. Now who is at fault here? The Congress who negotiated and passed a bill that sailed through the Senate or the president who refuses to sign a bill which had overwhelming supporting both houses? I don't think trump can recover from this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join