It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Rejects Trump's DACA For Border Wall Funding Proposal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

So Pelosi wants to continue the shut down.

Guess she can own it now.

Has hammer, will travel.... oh wait....

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I understand on principle why she cant accept it because if they do it would be rewarding Trump for shutting down the government. Whats to stop him from doing it again.

But in the interest of the country she should accept it or at least get a better DACA deal.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

YES YES YES!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
From my understanding, those Trump is offering temporary reprieve "the DACA cases" already have it from the courts. So it doesn't look like he s offering anything.

Last year the Dems and Repubs were looking for a permanent solution to DACA and were offering Trump 25 billion for walling, but Trump Torched the plan. Missed opportunities.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

There are no direct flights from the US to Afghanistan or Afghanistan to the US. Nor are there any US carriers that fly into Afghanistan from anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The dimwit Dems managed to do it again with pathetic Pelosi. Why do ya'll keep picking the dumbest POS you can possibly find to lead you??? WTF is wrong with ya'll? Thought maybe some of you would have figured it out after 2016, but naw, you double and triple down with stupid, AGAIN. She makes Trump look like a brain surgeon and a scholar. I won't even get into some of the other mental giants you've elected into your party.

Ya'll are on such a roll with your decision making, you might as well run Hillary again 2020. YA know, the "Stupid is as Stupid Does Tour Part Deux".

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
From my understanding, those Trump is offering temporary reprieve "the DACA cases" already have it from the courts. So it doesn't look like he s offering anything.

Last year the Dems and Repubs were looking for a permanent solution to DACA and were offering Trump 25 billion for walling, but Trump Torched the plan. Missed opportunities.

Oh yeah? This one, "Schumer pulls back offer of $25 billion for Trump’s wall as immigration fight continues"

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

It was twice offered. Last February it was part of a bill that Trump torched. That one had bipartisan support. It was offered again months later which Trump's cronies in Congress shot down. Trump and his admin was stupid to trash that deal because since then the White House lost its leverage when the courts ruled that the president couldn’t scrap the DACA policy which is why the Dems have taken their previous offer off the table.

Now he is offering 3 years that the courts made un-necessary. It would’ve been the biggest victory of Trump’s presidency if he had taken the deal back then.

I am no great negotiator like the president, but even I can see that his offer is smoke and mirrors.
edit on 19-1-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

There is no incentive for Pelosi to do anything as long as we keep offering enhancement and move to her point of view.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

He also said Congress needs to fix the problem.

He alone can't.

😎

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
And once again the Democrats abandon the DACA crowd to play politics.

Thus proving that the Dems dont actually care about those people and are only interested in maintaining the status quo, namely wide open borders.

Traitorous scum.

Courts have already ruled that Trump cannot stop DACA, so basically he is giving up nothing. A 3 year extension is nothing in that context.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

People, should realize, it was the president, who has almost given in on the wall. The Democrats offered 2.4 billion in border security, just not a wall.

Had Trump, not listened to alt right talk shows, going off about him compromising, this would be over.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Xuenchen + alt right news sources = not worth reading.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

There is no incentive for Pelosi to do anything as long as we keep offering enhancement and move to her point of view.

If she's never willing to come to the table with anything at all, then who looks the more inflexible as this shutdown wears on?

And how ridiculous does it start to look as she continues to stomp her foot and insist it's all the president's fault?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

If you are going to say that why dont you include the info on WHY Trump torched the plan.

Scared? Disingenuous? A liar?

Include all the info or don't bother posting anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

A good point.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi immediately rejects !!

Sorry fake news.

Nancy Pelosi rejected befor the President made his speech; not immediately after.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi immediately rejects !!

Sorry fake news.

Nancy Pelosi rejected befor the President made his speech; not immediately after.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Scared? Disingenuous? A liar?

Yo may be all of the above but I don't care. If you have anything of value to add then do so. Far as I know Trump torched the plan because he is an idiot that gets his advice from the like of Ann Coulter on fox.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join