It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures or Videos of People Illegally Crossing Open Border

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Mainly because the hair on fire rwnj’s are the ones claiming we have a crisis. a reply to: LSU2018

Illegal immigration has created crisis situations for a large majority of American citizens. Apparently you haven't been effected yet or you don't give a crap about your fellow countryman. If you would wake the F up you just might actually see it. I have no idea how people like you can be so oblivious to whats going on around them. Living in absolute denial must be blissful for you.
edit on 19-1-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Look at this. 1,000 people crossing the border illegally this week, after Mexico intentionally left the gates open.

Photo/article: twitter.com...

Mexico has now implemented an OPEN BORDER policy? Maybe those in favor of such a policy for the U.S.A., would be happier living in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Maybe those in favor of such a policy for the U.S.A., would be happier living in Mexico.

Ok, now we're talking, that's something I could definitely get behind and support.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: carewemust
Maybe those in favor of such a policy for the U.S.A., would be happier living in Mexico.

Ok, now we're talking, that's something I could definitely get behind and support.

Yeah...why go through the trouble of changing U.S. policy when our neighbor to the south has the utopia they seek.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I understand your skepticism. I too don't believe the wall is "just" about illegal immigration and drugs. I do think that the border is a weak point that should be reinforced.

We will not be the first country to erect a wall for added security and most of the countries that have erected them, found them beneficial.

We have a huge coastline that the military has to protect, if the wall would make it easier to control our borders, I don't have a problem with it.

As far as the urgency, I am not sure what that is all about, but I think we are fighting about the wrong issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Everybody's extreme reactions here...I think you're missing my point. First of all. I don't think people should be crossing illegally. Second of all I support an increase in border security. The main point i'm making isn't that you should have these things before assuming it's real. Why aren't these thing in existence. It's a problem obviously , big enough that the government's being shutdown over it.

My questions are mainly about why has it come to these ridiculous government shutting down measures when technology exists to at least get a better idea of the situation let alone understanding enough about how to solve it.

My question is more...why isn't there pictures of this? Why isn't data being gathered on common areas of crossing and why isn't there a better understanding about where people are crossing?

Why instead of looking at accurate facts about drug and human trafficking and putting more effort into areas where this is known to occur are those areas continually ignored?

Why instead are billions of dollars being spent monitoring every #ing spec of sand in a desert thousands of miles away instead of the one that's causing a government shutdown?

All of the government should be held accountable for this. It's bull#. It's a waste of time and money to be arguing about a wall when they can't even manage to assess what the # is actually going on accurately.

There's plenty of money available to deal with security but no one really wants to and instead they play games that disrupt people's lives instead of solving the problem. It's #ing ridiculous.

I mean even with a wall...ideally it would be best to start with common access points cause that #'s going to take years but they don't even have that data. 2000 miles isn't much considering the kind of monitoring they do in countries farther way than that.

The whole misunderstanding this thread has been has been pretty funny to me though.
edit on 19/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

In 2018, 396,579 people were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border. That’s only the number that were caught.

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Propagandalf

In 2018, 396,579 people were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border. That’s only the number that were caught.

Yup there's that ports of entry thing again. What about this open desert i'm asking about? Ya know the one the walls supposed to cover. There's gotta at least be some satellite images of this.

Funny how you just make stuff up on the ones you don't want to address. 1000+/day, not at ports of entry, and this is just the number getting apprehended. Pretty transparent you are. Add in the ones that didn't get caught and you still don't see a crisis? Blind much?
edit on 19-1-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You do all realize that if you posted a million photos and videos of real, actual illegal border crossings, it'd make but one bit of difference to the OP, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oops!
:
edit on 2019 1 19 by incoserv because: double post.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
You do all realize that if you posted a million photos and videos of real, actual illegal border crossings, it'd make but one bit of difference to the OP, right?

No see my post a couple up to see my point...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wait! Jim Acosta went to the border and he didn't see anybody crossing. I forgot about that.

Never mind, everyone, Jim Acosta proved it. You can all go home now.

Anecdotally, I used to live near the border (Harlingen, Texas and Brownsville area). I know people there who battle with this on an almost daily basis. I don't just believe what I hear on the news. This is real.

Meanwhile (particularly from the 3:00 mark):

:
edit on 2019 1 19 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Everybody's extreme reactions here...I think you're missing my point. First of all. I don't think people should be crossing illegally. Second of all I support an increase in border security. The main point i'm making isn't that you should have these things before assuming it's real. Why aren't these thing in existence. It's a problem obviously , big enough that the government's being shutdown over it.

My questions are mainly about why has it come to these ridiculous government shutting down measures when technology exists to at least get a better idea of the situation let alone understanding enough about how to solve it.

My question is more...why isn't there pictures of this? Why isn't data being gathered on common areas of crossing and why isn't there a better understanding about where people are crossing?

Why instead of looking at accurate facts about drug and human trafficking and putting more effort into areas where this is known to occur are those areas continually ignored?

Why instead are billions of dollars being spent monitoring every #ing spec of sand in a desert thousands of miles away instead of the one that's causing a government shutdown?

All of the government should be held accountable for this. It's bull#. It's a waste of time and money to be arguing about a wall when they can't even manage to assess what the # is actually going on accurately.

There's plenty of money available to deal with security but no one really wants to and instead they play games that disrupt people's lives instead of solving the problem. It's #ing ridiculous.

I mean even with a wall...ideally it would be best to start with common access points cause that #'s going to take years but they don't even have that data. 2000 miles isn't much considering the kind of monitoring they do in countries farther way than that.

The whole misunderstanding this thread has been has been pretty funny to me though.

You made a thread asking a "simple question" that does not have a real concise answer, as a means to "make a complex point".

Where I come from, we usually switch to ad hominem right now, but I'll refrain and just say.
If your goal was to make a point, maybe that should have been the topic of your thread post. Not an unanswerable question, that when you don't get a concise answer provides "proof" or "evidence" of your foregone conclusion.

You are performing an act of self delusion. I would discourage this, if I gave a damn about social order. Feel free to continue acting tribal. I don't really care. I will however, point it out, because I see in you, a person that I used to be.

You too, can evolve beyond Idiocracy, you just have to make the choice.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If you drive down almost any freeway in san Diego you will see this sign. en.wikipedia.org...

They make those so people driving on the freeway keep an eye out for Mexican families running across the freeway and don't hit them with their cars.

It's like in areas highly populate with deer, they put deer signs up, so drivers pay attention to deer jumping in front of their cars.

These areas aren't highly populate by deer though, they are highly populated by illegal immigrants running across the freeway.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Pictures and video of a group of 84 migrants illegally entering our country.

www.nbcnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join