It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures or Videos of People Illegally Crossing Open Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: dug88

In 2018, 396,579 people were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border. That’s only the number that were caught.

Yup there's that ports of entry thing again. What about this open desert i'm asking about? Ya know the one the walls supposed to cover. There's gotta at least be some satellite images of this.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Do you ever watch Live PD?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: dug88

The OP seems to need people to think for him like a typical liberal.

*sigh*

Whole Lotta insults at me in this thread so far...yet nothing showing me national emergency levels of mobs crossing open borders....

At this point, nobody is going to take you serious. You live in your own little bubble impervious to facts.

Posts link refuting his point...accuses me of being impervious to facts...aight....k...

You have been given examples, if you'd spend more than 5 seconds on youtube instead of debating people here, you'd have your answer.

No i've been given a vice documentary, an article about migrants tunneling then turning themselves in and one about a bunch storming an entry point.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The OP seems to need people to think for him like a typical liberal.

*sigh*

Whole Lotta insults at me in this thread so far...yet nothing showing me national emergency levels of mobs crossing open borders....

At this point, nobody is going to take you serious. You live in your own little bubble impervious to facts.

Posts link refuting his point...accuses me of being impervious to facts...aight....k...

You have been given examples, if you'd spend more than 5 seconds on youtube instead of debating people here, you'd have your answer.

No i've been given a vice documentary, an article about migrants tunneling then turning themselves in and one about a bunch storming an entry point.

Ok.. well then clearly we have answered your question. There are over 12 million illegals in america, do you honestly think they all came here at a port of entry? Please use the muscle in your head.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

In 2018, 396,579 people were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border. That’s only the number that were caught.

Yup there's that ports of entry thing again. What about this open desert i'm asking about? Ya know the one the walls supposed to cover. There's gotta at least be some satellite images of this.

Between ports of entry. Do you know what that means?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just look for some Facebook or Instagram posts with the hashtag #illegallycrossingtheborder. I'm sure that when they cross they are careful to document it with photos on social media.

Same applies to, say, drug deals. Do a search on #drugdeal and see all the photos that people post on social media when they are purchasing illegal drugs.

Makes perfect sense. This guy's a wizard!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Just look for some Facebook or Instagram posts with the hashtag #illegallycrossingtheborder. I'm sure that when they cross they are careful to document it with photos on social media.

Same applies to, say, drug deals. Do a search on #drugdeal and see all the photos that people post on social media when they are purchasing illegal drugs.

No but you'd think your government would....and would use this as argument as to why a wall would be useful...instead I just hear people yelling about it....

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No but you'd think your government would....and would use this as argument as to why a wall would be useful...instead I just hear people yelling about it....

Hey, José, we gonna cross the border here?

No, man, there are no government cameras here. We have to go down about two miles where the cameras are.

OK...

:
edit on 2019 1 19 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

They do. Check out CPB’s Social media.

Here’s a shot on Flickr.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OP, you do realize your question requirements are completely asinine and unrealistic?

The thing about "open border" is that it's desolate, empty desert. You are asking for video or photographic evidence, from a location where there are no people who could take photo or video. There are no buildings for security cameras, in open border desert.

You will not get photos or videos, where there are no cameras.

The data for illegal crossing exists, but it's not determined from surveillance anyway.

ICE takes head counts over time periods for legitimate illegal crossing. When you're going to deport someone, anyway, they're more likely to tell you where they actually came from, so as to avoid being deported to somewhere they don't know.

Police investigations and DEA work, can trace trafficking of narcotics to sources south of the border, and that as well can be used to fuel estimations.

One could also extrapolate from the amounts of people attempting to enter, the legal way.

There are some border patrols, and police districts on the border see illegals all the time.

Ultimately, there are several avenues, this data comes from. I'm not Jeeves, and Google exists. You're a big boy, you're asking big boy questions. If you don't want to take my word for it, you can search it out yourself, I'm not wasting my time on it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Did they come through a port of entry? No, so they did it illegally. So it is exactly what you asked for.

Maybe dug88 was only looking for photos/videos of fence climbers breaking U.S. law? Tunnellers don't count.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Hey, José, we gonna cross the border here?

No, man, there are no government cameras here. We have to go down about two miles where the cameras are.

OK...

:

Lol. That is awesome.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
OP, you do realize your question requirements are completely asinine and unrealistic?

The thing about "open border" is that it's desolate, empty desert. You are asking for video or photographic evidence, from a location where there are no people who could take photo or video. There are no buildings for security cameras, in open border desert.

The data for illegal crossing exists, but it's not determined from surveillance anyway.

ICE takes head counts over time periods for legitimate illegal crossing. When you're going to deport someone, anyway, they're more likely to tell you where they actually came from, so as to avoid being deported to somewhere they don't know.

Police investigations and DEA work, can trace trafficking of narcotics to sources south of the border, and that as well can be used to fuel estimations.

One could also extrapolate from the amounts of people attempting to enter, the legal way.

There are some border patrols, and police districts on the border see illegals all the time.

Ultimately, there are several avenues, this data comes from. I'm not Jeeves, and Google exists. You're a big boy, you're asking big boy questions. If you don't want to take my word for it, you can search it out yourself, I'm not wasting my time on it.

I appreciate the reasonable answer. The main point of this wasn't that I don't think people cross illegally....i'm well aware they do. It's the level of exaggeration that bothers me.

Reports from DEA and border officials also confirm most small volume drugs aren't being smuggled between crossings.

DEA Repot (PDF)

You cite police anecdotes, statistics based on counts of illegal immigrants through legal points of entry and those that confess through deportations.

The reliability of that data is questionable.

If border patrols see illegals all the time why are they not apprehended? If they see them why are they not photographed, documented and reported other than through anecdotes.

Again i'm not saying this doesn't happen...i'm saying shouldn't there be a whole lot of visible blatant evidence for something to be a national emergency worth shutting the government down for? Rather than just dealing with it as a normal issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hey op, let me know if you are ever in southern Arizona, I will take you to a couple of mountain spots and show you them walking over the border away from checkpoints.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

I appreciate the reasonable answer. The main point of this wasn't that I don't think people cross illegally....i'm well aware they do. It's the level of exaggeration that bothers me.

Reports from DEA and border officials also confirm most small volume drugs aren't being smuggled between crossings.

DEA Repot (PDF)

You cite police anecdotes, statistics based on counts of illegal immigrants through legal points of entry and those that confess through deportations.

The reliability of that data is questionable.

If border patrols see illegals all the time why are they not apprehended? If they see them why are they not photographed, documented and reported other than through anecdotes.

Again i'm not saying this doesn't happen...i'm saying shouldn't there be a whole lot of visible blatant evidence for something to be a national emergency worth shutting the government down for? Rather than just dealing with it as a normal issue.

Just 1 illegal crossing the border anywhere is a big deal. They are breaking the law, and showing others that its OK to break the US laws.

Either apply for citizenship the correct way, or face the consequences.

Leaving an open border is just inviting trouble.
edit on 1/19/2019 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You're not going to get the answer you seek. Why? Because people who do illegal things do not record it for others to see.

D'oh.

We do not need direct video. We have crime statistics that correlate to immigrant status, and we have stats from those captured trying to cross the border illegally. We also have direct, widespread anecdotal evidence of the rising number of non-English-speaking people in the country.

Not everything gets posted on the Internet. The next time a bank robber is caught, make sure to demand that a video of him robbing the bank is posted online for verification. Just be ready to be laughed at.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mainly because the hair on fire rwnj’s are the ones claiming we have a crisis. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You're not going to get the answer you seek. Why? Because people who do illegal things do not record it for others to see.

D'oh.

We do not need direct video. We have crime statistics that correlate to immigrant status, and we have stats from those captured trying to cross the border illegally. We also have direct, widespread anecdotal evidence of the rising number of non-English-speaking people in the country.

Not everything gets posted on the Internet. The next time a bank robber is caught, make sure to demand that a video of him robbing the bank is posted online for verification. Just be ready to be laughed at.

TheRedneck

Nah actually pretty you all answered pretty well.

The way I see it. I can find pictures and footage of previous national emergencies, I can find footage from inside war zones, I can find satelite pictures showing me the flies on someones ass. Now you'd think with it being such a huge problem, that the governemnt is shutdown, the president is on the verge of declaring a national emergency there'd be news cameras getting footage of these invaders, people lined up waiting for them, constant coverage of 'the emergency'.

To me an emergency is an immediate problem or threat. One that if if not corrected immediately dire things will happen.

Why are military satellites not tracking this in real time? They can pick out hidden bunkers and insurgents in deserts in the middle of the desert but they can't track people crossing a large known area?

Border security is great and all...i'm not against that....but how is bringing the country to a standstill over an 'emergency' that wouldn't even be solved immediately after approval anyway reasonable?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
We've all just been making it up, they don't ever cross the border illegally, it never happens, all the problems we have as a result of illegal crossings is all made up and nothing but lies.

Does that validate and pacify your objective here on ATS?

Now you can go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The technology to gather that kind of data simply does not exist. NASA satellites are quite impressive, but they cannot cover 2000 miles of border simultaneously in that kind of detail. No one knows where a group of illegal crossers will cross, except the illegal crossers themselves; if they did, this wouldn't be an issue. We'd just send CBP to intercept. I'm sure if I searched long enough and hard enough, I could find a few instances where someone just happened to be crossing when the cameras were locked on that spot with sufficient detail, but that would likely not be enough to convince anyone.

If such were possible, we'd simply train them on a city like Chicago and be able to verify the identity of every criminal in the city. Chicago covers a much smaller area than the border.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join