Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why mankind is supposed to be monogamous.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
is there a 'thouroghly debunked' award? im not being hostile to the author, just saying that last post left no doubt whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i realize that this thread is/was dying which is what i want, but i dont want to take the easy way out and just let it die, so i will say this:

I see where you are coming from, and i admit this was terrible reasoning on my part, however the religion issue was added onto it soley to keep it in Religious Conspiracies, and the philosophical part, i definitely wasn't trying to throw in my chips at philosophy. However, one thing i was absolutely NOT trying to do was say that we should be monogamous because of my religion and everyone should believe in my religion, although i do believe everyone should believe in my religion so that they may meet Jesus as any christian would, but i would not force that upon anyone. Simply put, i was just trying to say that mankind was meant to be monogamous and apart from God. I guess the best place to put that would be Science and Medice ey?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
However, one thing i was absolutely NOT trying to do was say that we should be monogamous because of my religion and everyone should believe in my religion, although i do believe everyone should believe in my religion so that they may meet Jesus as any christian would, but i would not force that upon anyone.

:shk:

..never mind.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ryanp5555, despite your theory being neatly debunked, I still say good on you for maintaining your composure and not resorting to personal insults or strong words to argue your view, especially in the face of so many members opposing you, some with fairly intense remarks. I don't feel that you were trying to ram God down anyone's throat, I just think that your theory perhaps was misconstrued as being judgemental of those who don't follow your religion, and after reviewing the entire thread again it is my belief that this was not your intention.

Even though I don't agree with you, you still get my Way Above vote.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
STD seem to be a good reason??? besides respect to the other person ??? thats just me ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join