Why mankind is supposed to be monogamous.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
how is that information biased, it even gets it's information from the department of health in hong kong, china!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
no i have not practiced what i am preaching, but that is because i am weak minded, i am a sinner. But because i have sinned doesn't make it any less right. Fine, i will find more sites for you guys!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I state God gave us free will because that's what you believe and you agree with it...

What am I... Faith is for the individual to understand

My father was a Lutheran Pastor for all his life. I am a PK...I can argue God all night long, but I tell you this, If you can't be respectful and open to people who don't know God, how will you ever spread his word. Don't be facist in your faith. Don't be ethnocentric or think that your denomination of Christ or whatever your faith is the most holiest thats lasted 2000 years-there are many.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Don't bother on my account, I have been preached at all can handle for one day....first work, then here......noooooooo thank you! It's always the same...when you ask if they are practicing what they preach I always get back, "I'm weak", or "I'm forgiven"....blaa, blaa, blaa...
Bye....

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyVwhen you ask if they are practicing what they preach I always get back, "I'm weak", or "I'm forgiven"....blaa, blaa, blaa...
Bye....

LOL hahahaha FACISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uhm I reccomend elimination of all facists...even the sorry ones who learn it when they are young but don't know how to identify it...they're always such strong proponents of it but think they are RIGHETOUS IN THE FACE OF GOD....

You can be religious and love people who don't know your god too!!
have a nice day bye bye

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I love the bullying!

Ah well!-lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I state God gave us free will because that's what you believe and you agree with it...

What am I... Faith is for the individual to understand

My father was a Lutheran Pastor for all his life. I am a PK...I can argue God all night long, but I tell you this, If you can't be respectful and open to people who don't know God, how will you ever spread his word. Don't be facist in your faith. Don't be ethnocentric or think that your denomination of Christ or whatever your faith is the most holiest thats lasted 2000 years-there are many.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by 00PS]

What are you talking about? When was i trying to convert people or show them Jesus' true love? I was saying that STD's show that we are meant to be monogamous, and to me since we are meant to be monogamous shows that there is a God as it matches his word that was written down many many years ago, and technically christianity is much older than 2000 years, it could be argued that it started with Judaism, but that isn't the point, the point is you get STD's through multiple partners and the only way to avoid STDs is abstinence, didn't you guys EVER have sex education?

inside.bard.edu... n/group21/constds.html

oh yeah, you can call me an idiot, that is fine, but i dont know what PK stands for.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
now that i have shown you that STDs are contracted through having multiple partners i think it is up to you guys to show me that STDs would be gained in other ways if we all have followed this rule. I dont get what your point is LadyV, yes i have had sex before. If an ex-murderer came up to you and said trust me don't murder anyone it isn't right, would you still mock them? absolutely not, so why mock me.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You can't use religion as the reason, and certainly not the Bible. If so, go back and read about some of the king's (King I), King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Yes, diseases (STDs) are a great reason to be monogamous, but it still does not overcome our own innate characteristics which have us mate as much as possible. We have since the start of life, like all life, have been born to do one thing, to live. That involves mating with as many partners as possible to insure the strongest, fittest, and most likely to survive.

This being said, I do not practice polyamory, but I think you need some better reasons for supporting monogamy.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No, you weren't trying to spread his word, you were trying to make people feel they are wrong because they don't believe what you believe that is Facist and wrong and JESUS doesn't like it.

Compassion young one...

Not only have I had sex education, I have had intercultural education, conflict management education and lots of other educations but those previous two, intercultural and conflict management are two ones you should learn...I've also had speech & debate education and if you really want to make people think they are wrong you should study that too.

Bye

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
I am posting this in regards to posts that i have read before with "proof" that Mankind is supposed to be polygamous. Here I go, it is three simple words.

STD's
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES

There you go, Sexually Transmitted Diseases. You get them from multiple partners, from sleeping around, thus proving it was not meant to be, as if it was there would be no reprocrussions for it, but there is. This has to do with Religion, as i believe it further shows proof of Gods existance through his laws!

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Ryanp5555]

that is retarded, you can get stds from ONE partner. note that syphillus originates in sheep, and aids in monkeys, and you can get herpes from kissing.

the sex laws in the bible ORIGINATED AFTER SYPHILIS was introduced.

all i get out of that is the idiots who are into animals ruined it for the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
btw... i have no idea how i am a member of a one party system that enforces totalitarianism. It really makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

btw... i have no idea how i am a member of a one party system that enforces totalitarianism. It really makes no sense.

When you present your views in relgion, you show them your religion is a one party system that enforces its views over its members and wishes it over all peoples of the world

bye bye for real this time

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I must have forgotten, what happened to Solomon? When did i try to make anyone feel bad for what they have done, whether it be premarital sex or what not, i was just stating that mankind was meant to be monogamous. However, you may have interpretted it as me trying to force you to believe what i believe, but that wasn't my intentions. My intentions are simple, to show that STDs are evidence that mankind is supposed to be monogamous! Now I can also say that i was showing how it also reconfirms my belief in God, and when STDs started compared to when Judaism started is irrelevant as it doesnt mean it was wrong or right.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

When you present your views in relgion, you show them your religion is a one party system that enforces its views over its members and wishes it over all peoples of the world

bye bye for real this time

My religion isn't the only religion that believes this, so you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So again, where is the proof that i am wrong?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ryanp. Dood. Ed doo Kate yoosef. There is more than you have dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio. Monogamy, polygamy, polyamory- and, last but not least, polyfidelity. Do a search on that word; I won't provide a link, because this is a family website, and I don't want to offend anyone. There are STD-safe alternatives to monogamy, and by the way, polyfidelity was the lifestyle of the patriarchs of the Bible. Except for Hosea. Heh.

Gotta love that Song of Solomon, man. Hoo yeah!

That said, women are trouble. More women are more trouble. Some people like trouble. Me, I like my rocking chair.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Ryanp. Dood. Ed doo Kate yoosef. There is more than you have dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio. Monogamy, polygamy, polyamory- and, last but not least, polyfidelity. Do a search on that word; I won't provide a link, because this is a family website, and I don't want to offend anyone. There are STD-safe alternatives to monogamy, and by the way, polyfidelity was the lifestyle of the patriarchs of the Bible. Except for Hosea. Heh.

Gotta love that Song of Solomon, man. Hoo yeah!

That said, women are trouble. More women are more trouble. Some people like trouble. Me, I like my rocking chair.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Chakotay]

Very interesting. I will say that this is the only information given during this entire debate that shows otherwise. But at the same time, we could say that in a way this is a form of monogamy, without being a form of monogamy. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Thus agreeing with God when he says do not cheat on your spouse and wait until marraige for sex.

Since when has marriage made people monogamous?

And by your reasoning..

'Thou shalt not use public transport in the middle of winter as you might get one of the thousands of flues around and die.'

So.. what sin did the people commit that condemned them to die of nasty strains of the flu?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

So again, where is the proof that i am wrong?

**You can become infected with an STD Without Ever Having Sex.**

Once that is understood as fact your case is weak, if not dead.

Further examination:
Just because certain Diseases are labeled as "Sexually Transmitted Diseases" doesn't mean that is the only method of which they can spread to other hosts.

Your case rests on two things:

by, Ryanp5555
Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
a.) You get them from multiple partners, from sleeping around, thus proving it was not meant to be...

Since it is also possible to become infected without Sexual Contact, your first statement doesn't hold up as proof of concept. It isn't completely incorrect, simply incomplete. Multiple Partners only increases you chances of infection through sexual contact. However, if infection is still possible with "Zero" Partners, your theory about having only "One" partner is invalid.

b.) ...if it was there would be no reprocrussions for it, but there is.

Since it is possible to have Multiple Sexual Partners without infection, your second claim is also not valid. Once again, you're talking about "Percentages" or "Probabilites" but claiming that your data is "Absolute" which it is not.

Simply example:
~Joe has Multiple Sexual Partners yet always practices "Safe or Protected Sex".
~Mike has just One Partner and never uses any Protection.
~Steve has never had Sex and considers Protection the least of his worries.
Now, the "Probability" for all 3 of these men will most likely vary from one another but more importantly, not one of them would have a "Zero" probability for becoming infected with an STD. Plus the fact that Mike, a Virgin of any Sexual Contact, may actually have a higher "Probability" of infection based on other factors, Proves you are wrong in your claim.

At best your claim is an incorrect assumption based upon poor reasoning. At worst it's a pathetic attempt at both Medical & Religious Propaganda, not to mention weak philosophy.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join