It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why mankind is supposed to be monogamous.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Ryanp5555, I know you have good intentions, and I believe in God too, but your logic is spurious. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to find proof of God's existence. In fact, you can't prove His existence at all, just as you can't disprove it.

This summarizes your logic:

In the Bible, God said don't do X.
Doing X is bad for you.
Therefore God exists.

Simplified thus, one can easily see how this is not a valid argument.

Some people claim to have been visited by aliens that give them a message for the human race like "Stop driving cars." If your logic were correct, global warming would be proof of the existence of these aliens. Also by your logic, salmonella is God's way of punishing those who eat sushi.

STD's are comprised of viral organisms, the same as the black plague, the ebola virus, and the comon cold. The only difference is the method of transmission, and as stated above by MaskedAvatar, they are also transmissable by non-sexual means.

edit: spelling

[edit on 2005/2/27 by wecomeinpeace]

If i was arguing for God's existance this thread would be entitled why god exists, i simply stated at the very end that it adds further proof for me of a God, but the real reason for that is so that it stays in the Conspiracies in Religion forum. That being said, you can get STD's through other means, but there would be no STDs without having multiple partners.

You can not gain a disease that isn't in existance. If mankind wasn't so sloppy with their sexual actions there would be no STD's, but since they have been you can gain them.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah, so there is another chat at DenyIgnorance we can use...u2u me if you wanna chat

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

okay just because humans choose to be polygamous doesn't mean we are supposed to be, do you really believe, as i stated earlier, that humans are supposed to be cold blooded murderers? I don't! You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous, there would be no STD's if every human being was monogamous to just one partner their entire lives, that statement really makes no sense. You dont get STD's through breathing, you get them from sleeping around!

And as i stated earlier no i haven't had a bird leave the nest as you say, i have no bird to even do so, i was posting on another topic that reminded me of this.

Sorry RyanP I am not like most peole, if we were face to face I wouldn't be polite right now because I assume you have some sort of inabilty to think and actually use your head. Am I wrong?

First of all you are repeating your arguement. You have not responded to my points while I have responded to yours. You lose a debate. Second your logic is all wrong. So you are repeating an arguement with faulty logic. Third blah blah blah As you stated earlier are humans meant to ..... Here it is bro, take it for what it's worth. You are human, you have free will. God gave it to you. You can choose to follow his commandments or not. Some people choose not to. They sin in your eyes. God's punishment on them is not STDs. Animals have STDs, are you telling me it's because they have sinned and will burn in the fiery flames of hell? This is where I doubt your intelligence now...

You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous
Dude, animals have it, what if some duck poo poo acidently went into your mouth or on your hands and you touch 'yourself' and then boom oops you have a STD. Or then we have blood transfusions. You are not a scientist and have not studied this. You have moral convictions and are trying to persuade people they are wrong if they think polygamy is ok for themsleves. I don't choose it, we agree on our choices in life, we disagree that our choice has to be everyone elses choice. Please give up that STD's are evidence and admit the only thing is your God.

And you must not read carefully because Brit Guy was talking about this

OOPS: Ostriches who live in groups ( gregarious animal ) who are also polygamous

Britguy: has your bird been playing about?

You: i haven't had a bird leave the nest as you say, i have no bird to even do so

LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555 That being said, you can get STD's through other means, but there would be no STDs without having multiple partners.

You can not gain a disease that isn't in existance. If mankind wasn't so sloppy with their sexual actions there would be no STD's, but since they have been you can gain them.

Now you should stop talking and start showing some evidence and proof Ryanp! Otherwise I have to Deny Ignorance and state you don't have enough knowledge to talk about what you are talking about, that's the nice way to say someone might be Ignorant but I can't call you Ignorant cuz then I get a warn
Have a nice day!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

quote: You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous

hospital workers have been known to contract HIV from tainted blood, babies born from HIV mothers, or blood transfusions, people can get it from infected needles, transfusions......you are bit uninformed on catching STDs, you need to study up more on this and learn!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just cuz I know he's going to keep coming back for more and more and more and more I'll quote LadyV

you need to ... learn

Edit: crazy quote brackets are going to go to hell because they're polygamous and messed everything up in the whole posting, I think they have STDs

[edit on 27-2-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

First of all you are repeating your arguement. You have not responded to my points while I have responded to yours. You lose a debate. Second your logic is all wrong. So you are repeating an arguement with faulty logic. Third blah blah blah As you stated earlier are humans meant to ..... Here it is bro, take it for what it's worth. You are human, you have free will. God gave it to you. You can choose to follow his commandments or not. Some people choose not to. They sin in your eyes. God's punishment on them is not STDs. Animals have STDs, are you telling me it's because they have sinned and will burn in the fiery flames of hell? This is where I doubt your intelligence now...

Okay, if i haven't responded to one of your points it is because i either didn't read it or i had forgotten about it, so if you have a problem with it why not repost it instead of hurling insults. When i said i haven't got a bird in the nest it simply means that i dont have a girlfriend presently, not that i never did. THis post isn't about insulting one another, so i dont know why you keep on doing so. My point to you is just because animals do it, doesn't justify it for mankind. Unlike animals we were born with the ability to think about thinking.

How can you argue that since some animals are polygamous it means mankind can be polygamous. And about other animals gaining STDs if a bird poos on your hand and you fail to wash your hand and then eat off the poo i think that is your own problem. On the other hand i dont know about animals gaining STD's, but i will go look it up. However, it doesn't change the fact that we gain STD's through having sex with multiple partners, that is why we are meant to be monogamous. And it really doesn't matter if other animals have STD's to begin with, because they can't figure out on their own the difference between right and wrong, maybe it is the case that God decided to punish them because they weren't following his rules maybe it isn't the case too. However, as i said in the beginning we have the ability to choose from right and wrong. If mankind wasn't meant to monogamous why is it that even in the times of polygamy the man would have a favorite, one he fell in love with?

Now in terms of this thread i would really appreciate it if you wouldn't hurl insults around, and boast about you winning the debate, i want this to stay on topic.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

quote: You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous

hospital workers have been known to contract HIV from tainted blood, babies born from HIV mothers, or blood transfusions, people can get it from infected needles, transfusions......you are bit uninformed on catching STDs, you need to study up more on this and learn!

okay i understand this. But the question is why did SHE have an STD that the doctor gained from it. I am saying that if we stayed totally monogamous through human history there would be no STD's in the human society.

link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
That being said, you can get STD's through other means, but there would be no STDs without having multiple partners.

You can not gain a disease that isn't in existance. If mankind wasn't so sloppy with their sexual actions there would be no STDs, but since they have been you can gain them.

Okay, so lemme get this straight. You no longer state, as you did in your original post, that STD's are proof of the existence of God. That was just to keep the thread in this forum. (
)

Now, you state that people having multiple partners is how and why STDs came into existence. There were no STDs, then people started having multiple partners and *poof*, STDs magically appeared. Can you raise some science to prove your theory? Is there some evolutionary science tie-in here that I'm missing?

link   
Your stateting that you absolutely can not contract an STD if you don't fool around and if you stay faithful to your partner and that just is not true! I would never cheat...but I would stop on the side of the road and help out in an emergency, and if there were a lot of blood everywhere and it was HIV tainted...I could contract that disease, I could need a transfusion and risk contracting it.....use your head...think!

And while you at it, you could un-capitalize "MONOGAMOUS" in the title so a mod doesn't have to....it's no-no ya know LOL word....

[edit on 2/27/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Your stateting that you absolutely can not contract an STD if you don't fool around and if you stay faithful to your partner and that just is not true! I would never cheat...but I would stop on the side of the road and help out in an emergency, and if there were a lot of blood everywhere and it was HIV tainted...I could contract that disease, I could need a transfusion and risk contracting it.....use your head...think!

But they wouldn't have STDs if we all stayed with one partner. I dont think you are really understand what i am saying here.

For every one in history they all have one single partner that they sleept with in their life. if we stayed true to that there would be no sexually transmitted diseases. Thus agreeing with God when he says do not cheat on your spouse and wait until marraige for sex.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
agreeing with God when he says do not cheat on your spouse and wait until marraige for sex.

Oh lord please don't preach at me......I'm not Christian. I do believe in being faithful though...but what about those that have had a spouse die? Those divorced? Are you stating that you have had one partner for all of your life? That's what your preaching.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
RyanP I don't do lightening fast responses because I like to look up on google everything I say to know I have some backing. You should try this too. Listen to We Come In Peace, he explains your logical faults simply.

I'm not insulting you but I'm not going to be sugar coated at all. It's Real man. If you truly believe something you should be able to present it in a way that's respectable to the people you are talking to and to yourself. Make sure your arguement is sound and has a firm foundation before blaring it all over the internet. It just makes you look bad.

And finally this is where I depart. I have no interest in reiterating everything I have already posted over and over again. I will leave you with these final words.

I agree with you in the fact that for my own life I choose to be monogamous. We are similar.

I understand you believe Polygamy is wrong because your God says so.

I disagree with you that STDs are evidence man is 'meant' to be monogamous.

I state man is not meant to be anything. God gave us free will to decide our lives for ourselves, we are not meant to do anything. You can and You can not or choose not. Your problem is your have a definition of what is right and wrong for humanity and all the worlds people, but they may disagree with you. And I am showing you although I choose Monogamy like you.

I state you believe your God is the best god in the world because other gods say polygamy is ok but you will in no doub turn to say they are false gods. Therefore I state your viewpoint its theo and ethnocentric. This is not an insult, its a critique.

Lastly, in a conversation you should take petter note of peoples points and respond to them. You didn't read them or you forgot are excuses you tell to your teacher why you didn't do your homework. Not someone you are arguing with. I debate you to become better and to help you become better in our communication skills. I point out to you mistakes that gives me a win. I am not boasting it is true. I am a Lincoln-Douglas Debater. And I don't throw words around lightly in postings like yours.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Diseases mutate, change and adapt for survival.

Let's say you have a disease which is spread via direct contact with infected wounds or blood. Mrs Monogamous catches the disease. The disease mutates to be transmitted sexually as well. During a night of hot, monogamous passion, Mrs Monogamous transmits the disease to Mr Monogamous. Voila! An STD, and no-one's heart was broken. AND it wasn't caused by having multiple partners.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I dont understand how you can say you choose to be monogamous and you believe in God yet you say that man isn't supposed to be monogamous because God gave us feewill. If something is a sin doesn't that mean we aren't SUPPOSED to do it? It goes against what God told us to do. And is not our sole purpose to live for God, and do what wants us to do? Is this not how we are SUPPOSED to live? So, if sinning is something we are not supposed to do, and being polygamous is something that is a sin, how can you argue that we aren't supposed to be anything? Yes we have free will, that is the thing about freewill, we can choose to do something we aren't supposed to be doing!

LadyV, i'm sorry that last comment wasn't meant for you, it was meant for we come in peace so i can get links to show him where i am coming from, i meant to add that but oh well.

Here is a link that describes the general info on STDs, i am sure everyone knows this but its something to start with

www2.hu-berlin.de...
[edit on 27-2-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Mister Ryan P did I ever say I believe in God and if I did believe in a God how would you know our God is the same God? I live in China, I assume you are in the states, no? Your view of religion is very facist and it dictates all men should be as your God says and if they don't they are evil and will rot in hell. Come to China, there are MILLIONS of GREAT people but they don't know your GOD and it's not the communists fault either! It's because the leaders of your religion have not conquered that area of the world yet. "The only good facists are dead facists" - 00ps

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
here is a link that shows that STD's can be stopped through Abstinence. It even mentions God www2.hu-berlin.de...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I state man is not meant to be anything. God gave us free will to decide our lives for ourselves, we are not meant to do anything.

I dont know that seems like you are saying that you do believe in God, maybe i am reading what you are saying wrong. Please enlighten me, what religion do you believe in, or where do you lie spiritually?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for that biased piece of information...RyanP...can you tell us more about yourself so we can understand you better? Where do you hail from, are you a student?? Of what age are ye?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oh puuuuulease....we are to take it that one site is proof of....what!? You did not answer my question. Are you saying that you have practiced what you are preaching!?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join