It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why mankind is supposed to be monogamous.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am posting this in regards to posts that i have read before with "proof" that Mankind is supposed to be polygamous. Here I go, it is three simple words.

STD's
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES

There you go, Sexually Transmitted Diseases. You get them from multiple partners, from sleeping around, thus proving it was not meant to be, as if it was there would be no reprocrussions for it, but there is. This has to do with Religion, as i believe it further shows proof of Gods existance through his laws!

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Ryanp5555]

[edit on 28-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Erased....

Nope, not gonna do it.........too easy

[edit on 2/27/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ryanp, history will prove you wrong even the ancient people in the bible were polygamists, is just with Christianity that the laws change and were accepted by most. But still we have groups and other countries that do not.

God will care less how many times you get married but religion and the laws of man do.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ryanp, history will prove you wrong even the ancient people in the bible were polygamists, is just with Christianity that the laws change and were accepted by most. But still we have groups and other countries that do not.

God will care less how many times you get married but religion and the laws of man do.

I am not talking about how many times you get married, i am talking about staying true to ones partner. Lol, this sounds like i just got out of a relationship where someone cheated on me, but i assure you this isn' the case. I know that in history of even Christianity such things exist from this board alone, but how long did people live back then? If It is right to have multiple partners at the same time then why is that diseases' are contracted from it?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The STD argument is for celibacy and safe sex, not monogamy.

One HIV infected blood transfusion + one monogamous partner = 2 HIV patients.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
granted, i know it is atleast rumored that HIV was started from a man getting bit by a monkey, but not all STD's have been. They don't just come from needles, they come from sleeping around.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Penicillin is proof God doesn't exist. Or at best is pharmaceutically irrelevant.

God's wrath is so lame these days.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
LadyV was too kind but I will not be.

Are you and Animal yes or no? Yes

Are All animals Monogamous yes or no No

Are Some animals Polygamous yes or no Yes

Do Animals Get STD's yes or no Yes

Do Humans Get STD's yes or no Yes

Are All Humans Monogamous yes or no No (I am)

Are Some Humans Polygamous yes or no Yes

So...From this conclusion we can see that STDs are a part of Nature just like the common cold and flu, or would like like to tell these birds, the Ostriches who live in groups ( gregarious animal ) who are also polygamous, to stop sleeping around?

The problem is that SEX in our world is Taboo and for many people DIRTY!!! Even at ATS we should not talk about it. Take for example. Oral Sex in Idaho will get you life in prison because its a Felony.... It's what they want you to think...But it's not evidence we shouldn't. There is protection! Safe Sex and Free Love

[edit on 27-2-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
STD's come from nature....Your teeth don't make Plaque, it comes from the Food you eat, should you not eat food?

Edit: No, you should brush your teeth...duh

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Penicillin is proof God doesn't exist. Or at best is pharmaceutically irrelevant.

God's wrath is so lame these days.

God never said Good can't come from bad. But he did tell us to be true to our partners.

Some humans act polygamous, does that mean that we are meant to be polygamous, absolutely NOT. Some humans kill, does that mean it is okay for them to kill, no. Some animals eat their own kind, hamsters eat their own babies, but does that mean it is okay for humans to do it, even if there are some sickos out there that would do such a thing? NO!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Don't you think you responded to that lightning fast, wanna give it some thought?

Some Animals are Polygamous Yes or no, yes. Some animals are Monogamous yes or no, yes. Animals have STDs yes or no, yes.

Some Humans are Polygamous yes or no, yes. Some humans are
monogamous yes or no, yes. Humans have STDs yes or no, yes.

by Maked Avatar
The STD argument is for celibacy and safe sex, not monogamy.

One HIV infected blood transfusion + one monogamous partner = 2 HIV patients.

Being Monogamous will not protect your from STDs

Therefore STDs are not evidence we should be Monogamous

It is Possible to be Polygamous and never have STDs

Please think before you respond again...

and if you want to talk about God, that's different. Your post is about STDs being evidence of why man should be monogamous

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
has your bird been playing about?

got to be the reason for this thread

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555Some humans act polygamous, does that mean that we are meant to be polygamous, absolutely NOT. Some humans kill, does that mean it is okay for them to kill, no. Some animals eat their own kind, hamsters eat their own babies, but does that mean it is okay for humans to do it, even if there are some sickos out there that would do such a thing? NO!

Your logic has problems man. Humans can choose to be Polygamous or Monogamous like myself. We are not meant to be anything. You may think so. But thetn you should make a Thread about God Says Humans Meant To Be Monogamous...Not this STD crap

Edit: So for 2 reasons you are wrong

1) STDs are not Evidence that man Should be Monogamous

2) I am not arguing humans are 'meant' to do anything. You are

I merely state STDs are not evidence and humans can choose!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
00ps there are animals that are monagmouse. They choose one parter and stay with him/her the rest of their lives.

I dont need religion to tell me we were meant to be monogamouse. An episode of Maury Povich with one girl and 12 guys that turn out not to be the father is enough for me.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
00ps there are animals that are monagmouse. They choose one parter and stay with him/her the rest of their lives.

I dont need religion to tell me we were meant to be monogamouse. An episode of Maury Povich with one girl and 12 guys that turn out not to be the father is enough for me.

Good Morning Croat56, You didn't happen to read this whole posting have you? I already stated TWO TIMES that Some animals are yes Monogamous.

Second...What's that about Maury??

Third, did you get banned from chat??

Fourth, your belief in Monagamy is like RyanP's, it comes from God. Probably same as mine. But I do believe it is a persons choice and you cannot tell me it's not unless you are telling me it is your God who tells you to tell me that they cannot be Polygamous. And if you are, I don't want to talk about that. This was about STD's being efidence we should be Monagamous...not the Bee Eye Bye Ell Eee

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
okay just because humans choose to be polygamous doesn't mean we are supposed to be, do you really believe, as i stated earlier, that humans are supposed to be cold blooded murderers? I don't! You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous, there would be no STD's if every human being was monogamous to just one partner their entire lives, that statement really makes no sense. You dont get STD's through breathing, you get them from sleeping around!

And as i stated earlier no i haven't had a bird leave the nest as you say, i have no bird to even do so, i was posting on another topic that reminded me of this.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ryanp5555, I know you have good intentions, and I believe in God too, but your logic is spurious. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to find proof of God's existence. In fact, you can't prove His existence at all, just as you can't disprove it.

This summarizes your logic:

In the Bible, God said don't do X.
Doing X is bad for you.
Therefore God exists.

Simplified thus, one can easily see how this is not a valid argument.

Some people claim to have been visited by aliens that give them a message for the human race like "Stop driving cars." If your logic were correct, global warming would be proof of the existence of these aliens. Also by your logic, salmonella is God's way of punishing those who eat sushi.

STD's are comprised of viral organisms, the same as the black plague, the ebola virus, and the comon cold. The only difference is the method of transmission, and as stated above by MaskedAvatar, they are also transmissable by non-sexual means.

edit: spelling

[edit on 2005/2/27 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

okay just because humans choose to be polygamous doesn't mean we are supposed to be, do you really believe, as i stated earlier, that humans are supposed to be cold blooded murderers? I don't! You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous, there would be no STD's if every human being was monogamous to just one partner their entire lives, that statement really makes no sense. You dont get STD's through breathing, you get them from sleeping around!

And as i stated earlier no i haven't had a bird leave the nest as you say, i have no bird to even do so, i was posting on another topic that reminded me of this.

Sorry RyanP I am not like most peole, if we were face to face I wouldn't be polite right now because I assume you have some sort of inabilty to think and actually use your head. Am I wrong?

First of all you are repeating your arguement. You have not responded to my points while I have responded to yours. You lose a debate. Second your logic is all wrong. So you are repeating an arguement with faulty logic. Third blah blah blah As you stated earlier are humans meant to ..... Here it is bro, take it for what it's worth. You are human, you have free will. God gave it to you. You can choose to follow his commandments or not. Some people choose not to. They sin in your eyes. God's punishment on them is not STDs. Animals have STDs, are you telling me it's because they have sinned and will burn in the fiery flames of hell? This is where I doubt your intelligence now...

You absolutely can not get STD's from being monogamous
Dude, animals have it, what if some duck poo poo acidently went into your mouth or on your hands and you touch 'yourself' and then boom oops you have a STD. Or then we have blood transfusions. You are not a scientist and have not studied this. You have moral convictions and are trying to persuade people they are wrong if they think polygamy is ok for themsleves. I don't choose it, we agree on our choices in life, we disagree that our choice has to be everyone elses choice. Please give up that STD's are evidence and admit the only thing is your God.

And you must not read carefully because Brit Guy was talking about this

OOPS: Ostriches who live in groups ( gregarious animal ) who are also polygamous

Britguy: has your bird been playing about?

You: i haven't had a bird leave the nest as you say, i have no bird to even do so

LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Ryanp5555, I know you have good intentions...

...they are also transmissable by non-sexual means.

Man, you do come in peace. You are so much nicer than me!!!

Score 2 for our side

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Good Morning Croat56, You didn't happen to read this whole posting have you? I already stated TWO TIMES that Some animals are yes Monogamous.

Second...What's that about Maury??

Third, did you get banned from chat??

Fourth, your belief in Monagamy is like RyanP's, it comes from God. Probably same as mine. But I do believe it is a persons choice and you cannot tell me it's not unless you are telling me it is your God who tells you to tell me that they cannot be Polygamous. And if you are, I don't want to talk about that. This was about STD's being efidence we should be Monagamous...not the Bee Eye Bye Ell Eee

You know the Maury Povich show. Sometimes they have a women come on to try and find the father of her child. She usually brings alot of guys to test. Ive seen episodes where none of them was the father.
Ya I did get banned but I asked the mod and he said he didnt do it so I sent a complaint to ats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join