It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might the Buzzfeed Story Have Been a Trump Camp Troll?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When I first heard the break of Buzzfeed's story re. the President allegedly instructing somebody to lie, the following thought process ran through my mind:

1. Donald Trump is not that stupid.
2. Within the next day there will be incontrovertible evidence that this is bovine feces.
3. The left will look stupid.

Then, the idea occurred to me that it just might be possible that the leak came from inside the Trump camp.

Follow me on this ...

Blatant misinformation like this, if leaked carefully and anonymously from somebody falsely purporting to be an anti-Trump insider, has some incredible strategic value. This kind of thing puts the left into damage control mode for at least a little while, drawing resources and distracting. It destroys (or, at least weakens) credibility. It makes them look stupid. It will have some demoralizing effect (though TDS might minimize that) as they get their lather up (THIS IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!) and then are made to look like the idiots that they are.

This would be an excellent troll ... and we all know who the king of troll is!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I actually though about posting this idea here before the Muller statement but was busy and couldn't get to it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No way, it was the real deal, besides they were obviously all too busy with planning and executing their objective to get even with Nancy Pelosi!

The buzzfeed disaster was purely spontaneous combustion.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Leftist media trolls itself all the time.

They live in a parallel universe where they believe they can sling all the # they want in hopes some will stick and they call that 'journalism'.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They live in a parallel universe where they believe they can sling all the # they want in hopes some will stick and they call that 'journalism'.

I agree with that ... but I still like to think of a troll that massive on the side of the Trump camp. I mean, why not give them a little boost?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Why supply them with more rope when the one they're using is plenty for their thin little necks?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

They especially like grabbing up other's #, showing it off, pretending like it's their own exclusive # until of course it becomes a problem, then it's not their # anymore.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Cohen even took to twitter to say

"As for the @WSJ article on poll rigging, what I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump @POTUS. I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it."

They went all in on this one. But why? And why did MUELLER of all people come out to refute it?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Russians maybe? Sure created chaos.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
interesting theory

i don't think it's crazy, but if it was trump, why would you want to take the Ohr testimony and the march for life off the front page? Unless you want to go deep in the rabbit hole that Muller wanted Ohr off the front page, and that's why Muller came out against the rumor.

i would say it's more likely TDS is in full effect

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think this was simply an attempted replay of what they did with the whole Steele Dossier. It just didn't work out as well for them the second time around.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It was a troll, but not in the way you think. This was another dum-dum that fell for the Trump-trap. They never learn. Dont be surprised when someone gets fired from the Whitehouse like the last 50 times this happened. Then the mefia will rage about turnover under Trump as usual.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It was probably a false story leaked by the FBI so the FBI could try to regain some credibility by denying it. It makes the FBI look less bias.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Why supply them with more rope when the one they're using is plenty for their thin little necks?

Trump's 3pm announcement today will likely tighten the noose around their neck by a few notches.

I hear it's been changed to 4pm?
edit on 1/19/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Dan Bongino last night said to him it had every sign of a canary trap. If so we should hear about someone getting fired pretty quick?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

He’s complacent, which is worse than being stupid. You get so used to doing illegal things without any repercussions that eventually it doesn’t even seem wrong to you any more.

And we have a person like that as president of the United States. God help us.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You get so used to doing illegal things

What illegal things? Like the ones in the Buzzfeed article?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

He’s complacent, which is worse than being stupid. You get so used to doing illegal things without any repercussions that eventually it doesn’t even seem wrong to you any more.

And we have a person like that as president of the United States. God help us.

Hoo-boy, we got a sharp one here.

Did you not see the news? He actually did not do what it was said he did.

But you just keep banging on that drum. You're underscoring my point perfectly, thank you.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

How would the Buzzfeed article have actually given any advantage to Trump?

It was just another media beat-up among so many others.

top topics

join