It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can anyone say, with a straight face, that the shutdown is not the Democrats fault?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My right wing father in law says, "the Democrats are like illegal immigrants in this country. What we need is STRONG leadership. STRONG leadership that can only come from military style right wing dictatorship. Everyone loves the military! Everyone hates Congress. Congress never gets anything done. At least with a dictatorship we would finally get things done in this country."

And my response is peace sells!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The Democrats offered everything Trump wanted and more a year ago in exchange for making DACA law. Trump didn't want it so...no wall.

Now he wants to act like some savior of the Republic for holding out for a wall that won't work. Gimme a break.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Source?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Your government is shutdown over a wall....it's idiotic whoever's fault it is. Your government is run by idiotic children.

I swear to god America's become a #ing cartoon.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I'd like anyone watching this video to justify why anyone should believe the Govt shut down is not the fault of Pelosi, Schumer and co.

Does anyone have an argument here that provides any other reason for what Democrats are doing except simply that they hate Donald Trump so much, they are willing to hurt the country and the people? If so, I'd love to hear it.

Trump is making an announcement tomorrow - I sincerely hope that Pelosi has seen sense, understood the issues and can put aside her bitterness and hate. It's time to build the wall.

Trump could come out and say he wants funding for Universal Healthcare and the Democrats would still find a reason to block it . They then would get on camera coming up with all kinds of excuses as to why they can't support the President and Universal Healthcare in spite of hours of video of them saying they want Universal Healthcare as a major part of their parties platform.

The $5 billion is literally like someone who makes $50k a year bickering over $50.

The money is so small relative to the entire annual budget, they could literally just give the $5 billion and even if it wound up costing $20, they could still tear the wall down. It would be like if that same guy making $50k/yr spent maybe $150... He doesn't want to spend $150 for an alarm system for his house, but he loses like $1000 every month getting robbed....

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Your government is shutdown over a wall....it's idiotic whoever's fault it is. Your government is run by idiotic children.

Years past I would point out something about European government. But right now, based on your criticism, I've got nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Your government is shutdown over a wall....it's idiotic whoever's fault it is.

Our government isn't shut down over a wall. It is shut down over border security in general.

50,000 illegals a month

Edit:

And that's just what they catch.
edit on 19 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to think that this is somehow on the Democrats is amazing.

"I am proud to shut down the government"

For those of us watching, he has stayed at the White House the entire time now... waiting to make a deal.

Democratic leadership has so far.... spent Christmas in Hawaii, did a quick trip to Puerto Rico for a fundraiser and some hooker banging.... then were shut down right before they could jet off on my dime to collect kickbacks from nations that are getting foreign aid from the New Again Speaker of the House.

Seems like they are really interested in federal workers not getting paid, right?

They haven't been told this by their media masters, so to them it hasn't happened. You're talking about people who gave up their ability to think for themselves years ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: dug88

Your government is shutdown over a wall....it's idiotic whoever's fault it is.

Our government isn't shut down over a wall. It is shut down over border security in general.

50,000 illegals a month

Edit:

And that's just what they catch.

True, the President's proposal contains much more than just the wall, but of course that's not reported so the uninformed masses don't realize that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Bloodworth

Can you please list these 'multiple options' to which your refer? As I understand it, Trump's position is 'I want funding for my wall or no deal'. And to be clear, to throw $5.7b at a project that will ultimately cost AT LEAST 4 times that with no provision for its completion is a total boondoggle. There's no way the wall will ever be fully funded nor completed. So Trump's whole position is a vanity play. Waste $5.7b of U.S. taxpayers' money to prove he has a penis. It's a joke. And everyone is trying to say those opposing (Dems and some Reps) want an 'open border' and have no interest in border security which is historically proven BS. All parties want border security and are willing to pay for it. Just not 20% of a wall.

You have large mobs storming the country and that poor looking fence there now forces them to enter at different locations , a real wall would be even better.

Can I see pictures of these mobs storming the country please? I keep hearing about them. I don't mean that caravan that went to Tijuana and asked to come into america. I mean these vicious mobs storming across the open border over the desert. I mean there's so many of them someone should have been able to get a picture of them right?

Seriously I would like to see these hordes of people. Can anyone show them to me? I want to see these mobs the wall is supposed to stop. Can any single person show me even one picture of a mob of people brazenly crossing the border that a wall would stop?

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Years past I would point out something about European government. But right now, based on your criticism, I've got nothing.

I'm not European so go right ahead.
edit on 19/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So.. let me get this straight. Trump gives one option.. ONE. Either give me my wall, or no other deal can be made. And it's someone else's fault? That's not how the American government is supposed to work. Checks and balances - there is a reason there is such a ridiculous amount of red tape and pushback over so many issues for so many decades. Annoying as hell, sure... but it's there for a reason.

Trump ironically wrote a book called The Art of the Deal. However in politics, he has NO idea how to politically make a deal. So instead of figuring it out, he just started wholesale popping out executive orders. For his wall, there is no negotiation for him. Trying to make a deal would be something along the lines of NOT building the wall, but getting 5 or 10 billion, and using it to push hard at finding ways to improve border security, with technology, manpower, or something else.

But apparently it's OK now to try and force your opposition into caving to your demands, while people you DON'T CARE ABOUT, not really.. suffer as a result. Trump couldn't care less about those Federal employees affected. He just wants to get his way, and so do his constituents.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The non Americans are welcome to throw in their two cents but almost no one in the country cares about your opinion on border security.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Can you please list these 'multiple options' to which your refer? As I understand it, Trump's position is 'I want funding for my wall or no deal'. And to be clear, to throw $5.7b at a project that will ultimately cost AT LEAST 4 times that with no provision for its completion is a total boondoggle. There's no way the wall will ever be fully funded nor completed. So Trump's whole position is a vanity play. Waste $5.7b of U.S. taxpayers' money to prove he has a penis. It's a joke. And everyone is trying to say those opposing (Dems and some Reps) want an 'open border' and have no interest in border security which is historically proven BS. All parties want border security and are willing to pay for it. Just not 20% of a wall.

You have large mobs storming the country and that poor looking fence there now forces them to enter at different locations , a real wall would be even better.

Can I see pictures of these mobs storming the country please? I keep hearing about them. I don't mean that caravan that went to Tijuana and asked to come into america. I mean these vicious mobs storming across the open border over the desert. I mean there's so many of them someone should have been able to get a picture of them right?

Seriously I would like to see these hordes of people. Can anyone show them to me? I want to see these mobs the wall is supposed to stop. Can any single person show me even one picture of a mob of people brazenly crossing the border that a wall would stop?

Why does a mob have to be vicious? A sick elderly non English person will cost more then the violent ones throwing rocks.

Go in YouTube and look at the videos of the rock throwers, the ones who burt past Mexican police in the Honduran side

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
So.. let me get this straight. Trump gives one option.. ONE.

Either give me my wall, or no other deal can be made. And it's someone else's fault?

Ya Think?

Dictator in training + followers.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Why does a mob have to be vicious? A sick elderly non English person will cost more then the violent ones throwing rocks.

Go in YouTube and look at the videos of the rock throwers, the ones who burt past Mexican police in the Honduran side

That's not what I asked. I asked to see large mobs storming america across the us/mexico border. Not honduras...not in Mexico. I want to see the people storming into america across the border. The ones I keep hearing about. They don't need to be vicious. But apparently these mobs are constantly crossing the open border. I'd like to see that. Should be easy right? It's a national emergency after all....worthy to shutdown the government. Why isn't there pictures and videos everywhere about the scourge of these mobs crossing the border...I should be able to find this easily shouldn't I?
edit on 19/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
So.. let me get this straight. Trump gives one option.. ONE. Either give me my wall, or no other deal can be made. And it's someone else's fault?

As opposed to Pelosi's counter-offer of "$0 for a wall or no other deal can be made?"

It takes 2 sides to not compromise. Trump has already compromised once, he took a measly $1.6B on the last budget. He wants $5.6B on this one, but he'd probably take less. Their offer is 0 and they won't budge. The fact that you think it's ONLY Trump not budging is hilarious. Keep going through life brainwashed.

ETA: Last meeting they had, Pelosi walked in, said their offer is still zero, so Trump walked out. Of course your masters told you Trump walked out because he doesn't want to negotiate. "We're not budging from zero" isn't negotiating. They're not interested in a compromise.
edit on 19 1 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Why Trump Isn’t Taking Democrats’ Offer For A Wall - February 2018

Democrats in Congress have offered to provide billions of dollars ($25 billion over 10 years) for one of his signature campaign proposals: a wall (or something akin to it) along the U.S.-Mexico border. But in exchange, they want a provision that would grant protection from deportation and create a path to citizenship for young undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: DanDanDat

Why Trump Isn’t Taking Democrats’ Offer For A Wall - February 2018

Democrats in Congress have offered to provide billions of dollars ($25 billion over 10 years) for one of his signature campaign proposals: a wall (or something akin to it) along the U.S.-Mexico border. But in exchange, they want a provision that would grant protection from deportation and create a path to citizenship for young undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.

That's not actually why. The reason why is because it contains a provision where they could weasel out of giving him the money later on down the road. The Democrats did the exact same thing to Reagan in the 80s. He agreed to the deal, granted amnesty up front in exchange for border security, and then they weaseled out of the border security part later.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No, it's all about the wall.

‘No wall, no deal,’ Pence declares, pushing for congressional action over national emergency

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

No, it's all about the wall.

‘No wall, no deal,’ Pence declares, pushing for congressional action over national emergency

A physical barrier or wall to slow down the influx of 50,000 people a month (and likely more) is border security.

The proposal put forth by DHS, which oversees the Border Patrol, asked for additional funding for the completion of sections of wall along the US/Mexico border.

The contrast is an open border that leaves our nation vulnerable to the influx of illegals and all the crap that they drag in with them.

This is about border security, not just a wall.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join