It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can anyone say, with a straight face, that the shutdown is not the Democrats fault?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump said, recorded on video, prior to the shutdown, that he would shut down the government if he didn't get funding for the wall.
please review the section from from the 1:32 to 1:45 of this video and ask yourself who is the one who shut down the government.

How could anyone, rationally, blame anyone else?

The Democrats want better border security (the content of the OP's video). The wall is futile in achieving that.

Build that moat!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Straight face - The shutdown is because the US political system is broken and politicians seem willing to disrupt the livelihoods of their employees because it's "tradition". Surely they can find a way to argue and debate this out without the shutdown happening. Every other country manages - well except from Venezuela perhaps.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: entermemo
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to think that this is somehow on the Democrats is amazing.

"I am proud to shut down the government"

I am proud to shut down the government for national security.

Those border guards tasked with protecting the borders from illegal immigrants are not being payed, if national security was really being threatened at the southern border, this wouldn't be happening....

You have really good point there.

You should probably call your Democratic representative and point that out.

Oh wait... they don't give a damn about national security, the opium crisis or citizens being killed by illegal immigrants.

Because their real agenda is to get as many undocumented Democratic voters over the border in the next 10 years that they will never have to worry about a Republican in office again.

For the record, I'm recently for this exact thing now.

I just spent two months talking to people on ATS that are of the opinion that a wall doesn't work.

I'm assuming that these people live in a house. A structure that has walls to keep people out.

SO!!!

You are entirely correct, the Progressives should take over and collapse the system as soon as they can.

Tomorrow will be perfect!!!

That way we can flush the toilet that is American politics and citizens right now and start over.

Because if you are an example of the typical American citizen, you don't deserve what the system was set up for.

Let's get the ball rolling... DNC FTW from now till apocalypse!!!

edit on 19-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes yes I know your precious tax dollars shouldn't be wasted on immigrants.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Both sides claim there is a crisis, yes?

So there are two crises.

There IS a simple solution that would solve both crises at the same time. Wanna guess what it is?

But some might say, “No, there is only one crisis.”
Ok... I have an easy solution to fix said crisis. Wanna guess what it is?

Anybody want to say that neither crisis is a crisis? Anybody?

If there’s an easy solution, who is “resisting?”

So who’s responsible again?
edit on 1/19/2019 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Rules don't exist

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's strange that there was almost no talk of the government shut-down in the U.S. media today.

Funny that, isn't it...I suspect they know that Trump is winning the argument so they needed some extra special extra hot fake news to peddle.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Trump said, recorded on video, prior to the shutdown, that he would shut down the government if he didn't get funding for the wall.
please review the section from from the 1:32 to 1:45 of this video and ask yourself who is the one who shut down the government.

How could anyone, rationally, blame anyone else?

The Democrats want better border security (the content of the OP's video). The wall is futile in achieving that.

Build that moat!

So if Trump says it, it’s true! Got it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
A reply to the title of the post,

the shutdown happened because GOP House Majority Leader Paul Ryan failed to pass the GOP Senate continuing resolution.

Unless people forget the reason we have a shutdown is because the GOP in 2018, when they had majority control of the house and senate and before the DEMs had the house, could not pass a budget.

It takes 60 votes in the Senate. The votes were not there - because Democrats vote as a block regardless of the issue. That alone tells you they are party first, people second.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I like the idea that shutting down air traffic controllers, the TSA and other intelligence agencies is seen as "working for the safety of the government".

You are lying in your own face.

The rest of the world is shaking their heads at you. And noone thinks that anyone else than your president is causing this.

Oh, maybe some close friends of your president might think this, that is because Donald is so close with them.. Kim.. Wladimir.. Bashar?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I think you may mean the safety of the people, the government have safety protocols the public don't.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Trump had went in with multiple options and like spoiled children the Democrats Pelosi and Schumer just shaken their head and wont listen.

They literally cannot take a step back, be adults , be responsible for the safety of citizens and notice that it's their hatred of a man that is fueling their decisions.

Scary mentality

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

the shutdown happened because GOP House Majority Leader Paul Ryan failed to pass the GOP Senate continuing resolution.

Unless people forget the reason we have a shutdown is because the GOP in 2018, when they had majority control of the house and senate and before the DEMs had the house, could not pass a budget.

It takes 60 votes in the Senate. The votes were not there - because Democrats vote as a block regardless of the issue. That alone tells you they are party first, people second.

They passed a bill to stop the shutdown before it started LAST year in the senate and the GOP controlled House stopped it.

How do you completely forget about that? The GOP caused this shutdown last year when they couldnt pass a senate bill.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Can you please list these 'multiple options' to which your refer? As I understand it, Trump's position is 'I want funding for my wall or no deal'. And to be clear, to throw $5.7b at a project that will ultimately cost AT LEAST 4 times that with no provision for its completion is a total boondoggle. There's no way the wall will ever be fully funded nor completed. So Trump's whole position is a vanity play. Waste $5.7b of U.S. taxpayers' money to prove he has a penis. It's a joke. And everyone is trying to say those opposing (Dems and some Reps) want an 'open border' and have no interest in border security which is historically proven BS. All parties want border security and are willing to pay for it. Just not 20% of a wall.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

60 votes wear your totes 👥🗯💥

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Trump, had two years, to get this done under a Republican controlled Senate, House and Presidentcy, He failed. Now you want the Democrats, who have only controled the house for two weeks to take the blame. Check yourself!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Bloodworth

Can you please list these 'multiple options' to which your refer? As I understand it, Trump's position is 'I want funding for my wall or no deal'. And to be clear, to throw $5.7b at a project that will ultimately cost AT LEAST 4 times that with no provision for its completion is a total boondoggle. There's no way the wall will ever be fully funded nor completed. So Trump's whole position is a vanity play. Waste $5.7b of U.S. taxpayers' money to prove he has a penis. It's a joke. And everyone is trying to say those opposing (Dems and some Reps) want an 'open border' and have no interest in border security which is historically proven BS. All parties want border security and are willing to pay for it. Just not 20% of a wall.

Trump wanted the wall out of cheaper concrete, dems opposed and said maybe steel. Steel was more expensive, but trump was willing to negotiate.

The original price was much higher and trump accepted much less. But doesnt want too little.
From the original amount, to what the dems want to give, is a slap in the face.

What Pelosi wants to spend on the welfare of immigrants is more then the wall .

Money is not the issue.....

You have large mobs storming the country and that poor looking fence there now forces them to enter at different locations , a real wall would be even better.

A real wall would be physically hard to navigate, but mentally send the message, don't make the trip.

And if a wall wont do it, you are taking about a major crisis of people not respecting the border and a much bigger problem.

If a wall wont work, your taking about a major military operation to defeat the problem.

Because currently right now there are too many illegal aliens in America jails.
Every single one of those crimes could have been prevented and the money spent on the prosecution, jailing and deportation of people never supposed to be there is beyond wasteful.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Trump, had two years, to get this done under a Republican controlled Senate, House and Presidentcy, He failed. Now you want the Democrats, who have only controled the house for two weeks to take the blame. Check yourself!

The 'Republican controlled' Senate and House argument is a nonsense, just another talking point not based on reality, peddled by idiots. It takes 60 votes in the Senate, therefore no one controlled it over the last 2 years. Even a simpleton would know that, given the well publicised bills that failed in the Senate.

I won't tell you to check yourself, but I will tell you to check some text books on how the US Govt. Actually works.

Both before AND after the Democrats took the House it was indeed they, either in the house or the senate, who were blocking the funding for the border wall. Further, as the video in the OPclearly shows, it is not because they don't agree with Trump's policy, it's because they don't like Trump. That kind of party first pettiness is what the Democrats are exhibiting in spades. Screw the needs of the country as long as they can score political points.

edit on 19/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

They may be true but since it didn't happen it isn't a fact. The dems didn't stop it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They passed a bill to stop the shutdown before it started LAST year in the senate and the GOP controlled House stopped it.

How do you completely forget about that? The GOP caused this shutdown last year when they couldnt pass a senate bill.

Are you American? It never ceases to amaze me how many Americans have almost no clue how the their Govt. actually works. Shocking really. It's no wonder politicians get away with so much.
edit on 19/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join