It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is dying; does it need replacing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Excluding many of the Eastern philosophical religions, Buddhism being the most popular, all religions dictate. This dictatorial method, often under the threat of excommunication, exclusion or even physical punishment, is the root of why modern humanity is turning away from religion in my view.

For many young people religion is exclusive, not inclusive, and is fixed, not flexible to modern philosophies and sciences with practitioners under constant threat of non-conformity. Often centuries-old scriptures are made to fit by false interpretation any accepted new wisdom, and this manipulation of old text can be seen for what it is.

Religions will continue to decline over time, not because people lose ‘faith’, but because there is no room in the old religions to adapt to modern society, and what was once religious faith will be transposed onto something more accepting of modern people, societies and culture.

While religion may never fully die out it is certainly edging toward the intensive care wing of faith and will receive fewer and fewer visitors.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Islamic religion is an offshoot of Christianity...did the other offshoots go awry?

The "Abrahamic faiths" concept is a fabrication.

So is Islam BTW...

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy. It is reasonable to ask whether this is a theological Trojan horse designed to promote an Islamic worldview of relations between faiths.

The Abrahamic Fallacy (PDF)

‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a distinctly Islamic term that subverts historic Judaism and Christianity, reframes them within an Islamic worldview, asserts Islamic superiority, and thus is the very opposite of its alleged intended usage. ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a loaded term that reinforces the Islamic claim that “Christianity and Judaism are regarded as distorted derivatives of Islam…” and serves the purpose of Islamic da’wa.

The term ‘Abrahamic faiths’ and its cognates is misleading. Reinforcing the term’s misleading nature, Aaron Hughes, in the conclusion of his book-length evaluation of the term Abrahamic Religions, states that it is more an impediment than an expedient to understanding. I trust that I have made the case that the term is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.”105 Whilst in broad agreement with Hughes, the term ‘Abrahamic Faiths’ is worse than meaningless, because it is literally full of meaning. The term comes from the Qur’an, is a loaded term that serves the agenda of Islamic da’wa while undermining the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, I conclude that ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a term that should be abandoned by scholars except in its original qur’anic signification.

The Myth of the Abrahamic Faiths (PDF)

This false idea of there being three Abrahamic faiths is the false belief behind the latest apostasy rising in some churches that is called “Chrislam.” Chrislam is nothing more than preaching a false Christ to kowtow to Islam and shows that the people peddling this false religion want to be friends with the world system. So we see in Islam a whole plethora of things that Abraham would never do. Furthermore, the Quran makes many factual errors about Abraham such as the claim that Abraham worshiped at Mecca [Sura 14:37], but he actually worshiped in Hebron [Genesis 13:18].

Abraham did not believe in salvation by works. Abraham rejoiced to see the day of the Lord Jesus Christ, and he saw it and was glad [John 8:56], but Muslims deny Jesus Christ is the Lord and deny that God has a son. Abraham, as Jesus said, was not into killing people who spoke the truth. Muslims who establish sharia believe in killing those who speak the truth of the gospel. Since Muslims do not display the same faith as Abraham, Islam is not an Abrahamic faith.

They claim the god they worship, Allah, is the same as Jehovah. But just like Jesus told the Jews, “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham,” [John 8:39-40]. Abraham, as I said before, had faith in God and faith in God’s Son, the Lord Jesus. That is the work that made him righteous before God.

The myth of “three Abrahamic faiths”

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Well, you see, I’m not sure that it IS the “word of God”. Actually, I’m pretty sure it isn’t.

Grindylow lied... you may want to close that gateway while you are still able to...

One does not dabble with witchcraft, spells, and demons masquerading as fiction without paying a price.

Reading these types of books will only lead you away from the truth, which is EXACTLY what they were designed to do.

I had an encounter with God back in the late 70's that left me KNOWING that the Bible is a supernatural book.

This revelation was the very first thing that God revealed to me personally and since then I've read about many others who also had encounters and NDE's where Jesus refers to the Bible as "my word" or "my book":

"Didn’t you read my book?"

"If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"You don't believe my word the Bible..."

"an audible voice telling him to read a Bible..."

God spoke to me and said, "You have no need I appear to you. You now know all I ever did say and ever will say is what the Bible says. The Bible is My Holy Word. It is YOUR responsibility to read the Bible and find out what it says."

OUR NEED TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM

...he heard an audible voice telling him to read a Bible — an abomination to a Muslim.

Why Revival is Exploding Among Muslims

...that same Voice in a tone of gentle thunder echoed within my head: "Didn’t you read my book?" Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

He said, "You passed my test."I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith

He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian.

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga
there is a new religion it is called global warming
first set forth in a document written by/for the CFR during WW2 that if you could get all the people
onto one team with the same fear you could prevent another armed conflict
and the document is on this site somewhere
so to agree with another poster science is the new religion
be it
actual science or a witches coldron of bloody cocky poo and lizards gizzards
hmm wonder if I need to buy a flak jacket

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: liejunkie01

It saddens me that you have taken all that time and used such pretty words to just prove my point.

You won't understand that and I get it.

For the record, perceived reality is reality.

Print that out, put it on some nice paper and put it on your refrigerator with a magnet to hold it there.

Read it as the years go by.

Maybe someday you will get it.

I think that maybe you should do a little research on the subject.

Have a great day.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Religions are man-made.

I'm not a christian or a muslim and I detest a lot of ideas about both such as the Papacy. The bible was a bunch of stories man-made but does teach good morals and inspires hope in many. I'm not saying that Jesus wasn't real but what I am saying is that humans like to tell stories, usually ones that are completely made up for dramatic effect.

I am not an atheist because I wouldn't exist if there was nothing. I do not believe in a christian, jewish, islamic or any kind of God, however i do believe there is a creator and that leaves me in the spiritual but not religious category.

We are all manipulating space and matter around us and creating stuff like art etc. That seems pretty god-like to me.

What made me angry one time was when a pastor came to my home with his daughter and offered me a Bible upon which I refused. I am sure that they were nice people and meant well but forcing their youth to accept some ideology rather than let them find their own way in life seems very un-christian to me.

We're all going to die some day but the fact that we can exist right now only proves we are going to exist again.
That's the way I see it anyway. Religion is just a means to share that fear and be there for each other.

Yes, religion needs to be replaced, they are all the same thing.

edit on 19-1-2019 by SpaghettiHero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kennyb72
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

I also have no desire to convince anyone their philosophy is faulty and mine is spiritually or morally superior. I don't think in terms of others having broader or narrower vision; I appreciate people for who they are. Everyone does what they need to do to face life every day, and if it includes--or doesn't include--starting their day with a prayer to [god of choice], that's perfectly fine with me.

The only problem I have with religion is the arrogance that often accompanies it.

It is not you who is targeted when you feel heat from a discussion like this. Spirituality is under threat from ignorance and Atheistic elements like Richard Dawkins and other notables who go to great lengths to discredit ordinary people and their beliefs. It really isn't being arrogant when you state the truth.

90% of people calling themselves "scientist" cannot handle the ideas of entanglement that was proven last century since they still push the false "religion" Materialism. Richard Dawkins is a typical prophet of materialism.

You have Stuart Hameroff and Roger Penrose who are creating models on how "spiritual events" can be materialized in the body and how consciousness can be separate from the body. The body is just the hardware the program (awareness) is using to experience this level of being.

People play around with energetic body manipulation (creating the tingeling/vibe heat in another body). Laying of hands and Reiki.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thank you for your concern. I know it comes from a good place.

My relationship with God is mine, and no other’s. Your relationship with God is yours, and no other’s. I study the Bible (a variety of translations- not just the one that appeals to my views) on a near daily basis. It’s my favorite thing to do.

However, because of the level of my study, my faith has morphed. I can’t ignore the inconsistencies that exist within the Bible, just because a church tells me to. That’s disingenuous and not what the God that I believe in would have people do.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

People are always going to believe in something.

We don't need organized religion.

Plus in the age of information it is really hard for people to blindly have faith.

edit on 19-1-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

It's an interesting question.

We should go back to the Pantheon style of worship, that way we would be accepting of all religious beliefs, and also accepting of differing views and values. These are defiantly missing in the mass marketing of monotheistic religions that are so popular today.

no...we shouldn't be accepting of ALL religious views and values.....I won't accept anything, or live my life, by what a mythical being says, nor the people that believe in them

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think we just need an 11th commandment to clarify righteousness in society and religion. Something like " Thou shalt not molest and/or corrupt children". Aleister Crowley even saw that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I am not surprised with these findings. Our culture has focused much more on selfishness and materialism and instant gratification in recent years, which is counterproductive to cultivating any sort of sense of spirituality. One reason that greed is destroying the world, greed IMHO is largely a product of a fear of uncertainty, and a fear of uncertainty is a product of a lack of spirituality. Most hate is based on fear as well, and we have seen how our society has a lot more of that lately. I think as human beings we inherently need a belief that tells us we are more than just sentient meat. Or we lose our civilization and act like animals.

edit on 19-1-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

90% of people calling themselves "scientist" cannot handle the ideas of entanglement that was proven last century since they still push the false "religion" Materialism. Richard Dawkins is a typical prophet of materialism.

I see it as an agenda, there are people going to great lengths to hide our divinity form us.

You have Stuart Hameroff and Roger Penrose who are creating models on how "spiritual events" can be materialized in the body and how consciousness can be separate from the body. The body is just the hardware the program (awareness) is using to experience this level of being.

I have watched several interviews with SH, and his ideas of microtubules proteins that behave like a quantum computers interfacing a quantum field of information. Everyone should take the time to hear what he says. Both he and Penrose are very intelligent people.

Other people to investigate are:

Dr Joe Dispenza and his work with mind entrainment to induce spiritual enlightenment under rigorous scientific scrutiny. Those graphs don't lie.

Something seriously powerful happens, sometimes fleetingly, other times prolonged. Electromagnetic measurements are recording these peoples brain activity when they are fully synchronised in all quadrants and their measurements go off the charts and can be read at distance from the person experiencing enlightenment.

The brains frequency changes. Doctors were present watching this and saying if they saw this happing in hospital, they would be taking them to emergency as if the person was having an epileptic fit. This person is sitting with a look of compete bliss.

The techniques he uses are very well studies and some borrowed from traditional Yoga but with subtle interruptions that take you to the next level. It requires training to perfect it. People have cured brain cancer using this method .. it is the explanation and power of Placebo.

Rupert Shekdrakes - Morphic Resonance. Check out his banned TED talk which is easy to find.

Bruce Lipton - Cellular biologist .. 50 trillion conscious nano machines. This guy is a delight to listen to, You don't need to explain to him about the intelligence that has created life.

Tom Campbell, My Big Toe, the simulation and the quantum field of information. Tom Campbell headed up the CIA remote viewing program, and his experience and his mountains of evidence of other dimensions, and how you can access all knowledge, when you tune into the field. All information that ever existed still exists and is accessible.

Cynical people are very shortly going to look like stupid people, they already do in my eyes. I would go as far as to say that Atheism is a mental aberration because you fail to see the obvious every time you open your eyes.

edit on 19-1-2019 by kennyb72 because: additional info

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero
Religions are man-made. The bible was a bunch of stories man-made...

Religions ARE man-made, no question there.

I'm going to go out on a limb here by saying that IF the bible were in fact a bunch of man-made stories, that someone by now would have come up with something other than just an anonymous opinion...

When was the last time you saw someone attack the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, or the Buddhist writings?

Clearly it is no coincidence that out of the 28 books that claim to be from God that the only one that is mocked on a daily basis is the genuine while the counterfeits are rarely challenged.

Coincidence? I think NOT...

Never mind the fact that out all of those religious books that claim to be scripture, only one has accurately predicted future events.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Religious dogma takes a life of its own and rots the core of many religions. Turning off many of our more educated youths. So its time to clean house.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Islamic religion is an offshoot of Christianity...did the other offshoots go awry?

Excuse me, but Islam is not "an offshot of Christianity..."

In Christianity it is not taught that "women are lesser than men..."
In Christianity it isn't okay for the prophet of that religion to have been a raider who would cut off people's heads and would take women from raided caravans as slaves...

Jesus Christ tells you to choose.
Allah demands submission.

Both religions are as different as day and night.

edit on 19-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Religious dogma takes a life of its own and rots the core of many religions. Turning off many of our more educated youths. So its time to clean house.

Wrong. There are millions of religious people who are very educated...

Religion doesn't make you less educated. Not to mention the fact, yet again, that atheism has been the belief of the 20th and 21st century that has murdered more innocent people, over 110 million, and imprisoned millions more...

Atheism has a worse history than almost every other religion. Certainly atheism has a worse history than Christianity.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Today's people are less likely to believe mythology that was accepted 2000 years ago. If it was announced on the news that a messiah was born in india from a virgin would you believe it today?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Muslim women aren't allowed to drive in a lot of cases, and they aren't allowed to show their faces in a lot of cases, and in some cases, they are not allowed to talk to anyone else in society after their husbands die.

I don't think it is right to "protect" women like that. I think women should be independent and able to solve their problems themselves and participate in society like everyone else.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Jan 2019 23:25:01 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Not if you look logically on the words chosen.

Submission demands exists in Paul:s writings also while Yeshua teaches sheep and goats (non dualistic karma awareness).

Eastern philosophies like Sikhism, Hinuism and Buddhism have no problem with the Oneness of all things and karma retribution/backlash. But when you start to push the idea of an of a name saving you from miss behavior and not taking moral responsibility then the Karma Yogi:s (knower:s of the mirror effect) become annoyed with the arrogance of ego and not just doing the work to re balance.

All three Abrahamic religions as wholes play around with the escape of karma by a "insert name".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join