It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Underwater Pyramids: Natural or Manmade?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Everytime I see I see these ruins come up, I get a tear in my eye......hypothetically speaking.
When I was stationed there I used to go snorkeling and swimming all the time and never heard of this place till shortly after my departure. It would've been so awesome to have been able to view this in person vs. reading about it. Theres no doubt in my mind its manmade, just by who we may never know....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
good name spikedmilk

The site isn't a pyramid. It's a ridge line (finger). A continuing and similar ridgeline also exist on the shore line above the site.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
good name spikedmilk

The site isn't a pyramid. It's a ridge line (finger). A continuing and similar ridgeline also exist on the shore line above the site.

Thanks
, i came up with the name sometime ago for my love of the tasty white russian.

Either way, I sure wish I could've been able to experience this "hands on and up close"... but otherwise noted.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Yep too bad, I've yet to see a detailed examination of the surface areas that show the same fractured structure as the below sea area.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Totally awesome.

I love this structure, its clean lines, beautiful construction and add to this that the okinawans have known about it since ages past its amazing that the world doesn't sit up and take more notice.

I for one think they the powers that be cannot face to admit that we are the remanents of an advanced civilisation that faced a world wide disaster about 10 thousand years ago.

Oh and here is the extremely beautiful lions face sculpture. Yes its real, google it if you don't believe me.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Howdy Dan Tanna

Its a natural ridge line that may or may not have been modified by humans. Opinions differ. Similar geological structures exist above the water line too.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
didn't read the whole thread yet, but i wanted to thank the OP for sharing this. never heard of it before and i think it's fascinating.

at first i thought maybe the angles could be natural - some materials have interesting calving angles, but that semi-circle makes me think that a lot of this was done artificially. i don't know of a material that breaks at right angles sometimes and in a circular fashion at other times. i'm not sure how you would explain both of those as being part of the same natural erosion or breakage process. not a geologist, just seems to me that at least part of this has to be artificial.

in any case, very cool stuff.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Modified ? sculptures, steps, rooms, pillars .. . thats not modification thats careful planning and construction - along with the other sites thats man made.

But as always opinions will differ and i respect that.

People you do realise that this is just one of around five sites that hold this architecture don't you ?

TextFor example, Kimura said, he has identified quarry marks in the stone, rudimentary characters etched onto carved faces, and rocks sculpted into the likenesses of animals."The characters and animal monuments in the water, which I have been able to partially recover in my laboratory, suggest the culture comes from the Asian continent," he said. "One example I have described as an underwater sphinx resembles a Chinese or ancient Okinawan king."(See pictures of the "Japanese Atlantis" formations.)Whoever created the city, most of it apparently sank in one of the huge seismic events that this part of the Pacific Rim is famous for, Kimura said.The world's largest recorded tsunami struck Yonaguni Jima in April 1771 with an estimated height of more than 131 feet (40 meters), he noted, so such a fate might also have befallen the ancient civilization.Kimura said he has identified ten structures off Yonaguni and a further five related structures off the main island of Okinawa.

floydssecrets.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The hole (if its the one I think you are think of-that has the round rock in it?) is made by tidal action.

Rooms and pillars?

Oh an addition, I noted you added a photo of a carving. Can you link to where that is on the structure?

Some of the natural structure on land, showing the natural tendency of sandstone to fracture

The doorway by the way is a tomb from a much later period that was dug into the soft sandstone.

[edit on 3/6/08 by Hanslune]

[edit on 3/6/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I posted some fotos that show that your foto was heavily photoshopped...is fake.

It is thinkable that these ruins are basically natural, but were used by early culture for cult porposes as they were above the water level.
greets

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The last time the site would have been above water would have been been probably 10,000 years ago at least.

The Yonaguni megalith may have been used around the same time the Bimini Road was constructed.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I love this stuff just like the next guy who is interested in understanding how it all started, or where did THAT come from.

My view of how these things came to be, changed over realizing three things.

That;

A. there WAS a first earth age and it was destroyed

B. the flood also changed the face of the planet, and thing that were above ground, were now below

C. the war between good and evil, is not only real, but the main reason, why we don't know all the answers

my guess is that these are recent earth age relics, that were pagan temples that were destroyed by the flood

and concurrent sinking of some land areas and the raising of others all while the earth was covered in water.

some may find that absurd, but no matter, I wasn't born knowing this, and it took a while to get here

even while being a fan of luis alvarez theory of the meteor and the yucatan peninsula

there are still missing pieces

video.google.com...#

video.google.com...#

we can always agree to disagree...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The real reason the Yucatan Peninsula is strange and has gravitational anomolies is because just off of what is now the Yucatan coast, was where alot of Atlantean drilling was done. The Blue Hole of Belize for example, is a sinkhole cause by Atlantean drilling and mining.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
My view on it is that people will go to great lengths to refute any evidence that would mean they have to change their mind. Erratic archeological finds are very troublesome to them, and generally get filed away, so they don't have to see them. It is willful blindness, imho. To see the actual, physical, and highly probable to be genuine artifacts that demolish the cherished theory, and boldly say that it must be fake, is what I see being done. It is their position that the literally thousands of pieces of anomalous material are all just a string of coincidental anecdotal evidence, is hard for me to fathom.

There is just as much evidence (if not even more so) for the structures being completely natural;

""The first time I dived there, I knew it was not artificial," Schoch said. "It's not as regular as many people claim, and the right angles and symmetry don't add up in many places."

He emphasizes that he is not accusing anyone of deliberately falsifying evidence.

But many of the photos tend to give a perfect view of the site, making the lines look as regular as possible, he said.

Schoch also says he has seen what Kimura believes to be renderings of animals and human faces at the site.

"Professor Kimura says he has seen some kind of writing or images, but they are just scratches on a rock that are natural," he said.

"He interprets them as being manmade, but I don't know where he's coming from."

But Kimura is undeterred by critics, adding that the new governor of Okinawa Prefecture and officials from the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization have recently expressed interest in verifying the site.

"The best way to get a definitive answer about their origins is to keep going back and collecting more evidence," he continued.

"If I'd not had a chance to see these structures for myself, I might be skeptical as well";

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Personally i'm very doubtful that its human-made, unless experts start turning up pottery, tools, crafted items etc that are undoubtedly man-made and in situ at the site.
Just because its all very geometric looking, does not mean that its man-made; the Giants Causeway looks man-made however its positively natural and nature-shaped stuff;

www.ee.qub.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mbuhir

I think it might make more sense if you think of it the other way around...What if an advanced civilization started on the coast of China and moved East....Remember..Japan was conquered by Chinese or Koreans around 400bc...when they arrived there was a race called the Ainu I think..something like that.. they were pushed far north..and now reside only on a few small islands in northern Japan...they do not look Japanese.. Analyzing their language...many similarities were found with the Basque and other cultures in India...bringing forth the theory that at one point there was a global civilization/language...if the site was taken by the sea...that might add to Atlantis/Noah;s Ark/Great Flood...etc...maybe the garden of Eden was really in Japan
Makes you think...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I have nothing of real importance to add, but when I watched the documentary I didn't get too excited. It didn't look man made or have any real organization to it. It reminded me of our slate fields. If there were some circles in all those natural looking blocks and steps I might have been more enthusiastic. Not to say that man didn't use the formation while it was above ground, but I would hardly classify it as a temple or pyramid in my mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
C. the war between good and evil, is not only real, but the main reason, why we don't know all the answers

That just earnt you a star!

This is unreal! As a scuba diver, I'd love to go there and check it out. It definately is some type of man made structure.

[edit on 7/9/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

WHOA!!!! This is the first I am seeing this picture. If this picture is genuine and from the same site than I would say 99.9% altered by a human or other intelligent creature. I believe the site is mostly natural but may have been added too to take advantage of its existing scale. I know the sea level was atleast 200 feet lower about 9,000 years ago so I am sure that underwater archaeology is going to continue to bring us more exciting finds into the future.

I wish we had more scientists working on important things like this rather more devious ways to kill people.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

A photo from Yonaguni that has been photoshopped

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join