It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The China Ghost City Conspiracy...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I have long been fascinated with the ghost city phenomenon that has plagued China. With an astounding 50+ ghost cities spread across China, the math just doesn't add up. Okay... if we build one, two, or three bad calls of cities that birth and remain as ghosts, let's learn our lesson of poor mathematics and move on with life. Once the tally reaches the dozens it screams that the acts are purposeful. But, why? Once the totals reach the half of a century mark, then the World is being displayed an incognito plan for something much bigger than meets the eyes.

For the longest of times I became convinced that financial market manipulation was the play of China. I have yet to find any hypothesis' that indicate otherwise.

And, then last week came this...

I did not make it past the opening sentence before neurons fired off my newfound theory of why so many ghost cities exist in China.

Next comes my prediction, and I display it here for two reasons. First of all, China would never ever disclose the reasoning behind their actions... which is a universal aspect of China's government. The second reason is purely selfish... it feels like I may have discovered a theory of which is seldom discussed, if at all mentioned.

"China does not attack Chinese people," Ping says. Well, I feel that Ping will announce a period of peaceful transition of Taiwanese citizens to reunify with China. China will welcome and protect the Taiwanese willing within the ghost cities with open arms, so long as they honor their newfound social credit system.

Those who disavow China's uncompromising demands and remain in Taiwan during the peaceful transition period will soon thereafter have to defend from a China invasion. China may not kill Chinese people, but they will most certainly kill a Taiwanese or Hong Kong citizen that shuns China's demands of conformity.

Predictions beyond what happens upon China's choice to act aggressively towards Hong Kong and Taiwan are to be slated for another thread I guess. It seems more and more logical that China ghost cities were built to serve as the greatest immigration event to ever occur on Earth though.

I hope this type of discussion reaches the Taiwan and Hong Kong populaces, as a limited time to decide such life changing affects may add to the doom of what may be to come.

edit on 18-1-2019 by ttobban because: bad link

edit on 18-1-2019 by ttobban because: bad link

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
These cities are build in same time to accommodate workforce. But due to transportation issues nobody wants to move there.

But i see your point, but not for the refugees konghong or taiwon.. more likely from Russia and Europe when the the iceage kicks in..

See kids.. native people want to build houses for immigrants. And former immigrants want to build a wall to stop natives moving around.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

There are some great YT videos of 2 English speaking guys on motorcycles who drive around to these Ghost cities, it's really crazy how much they have overbuilt and they did it with such shoddy building materials and workmanship. There are whole parts of these ghost cities where the never occupied residences are already falling apart.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello all, there are many misconceptions about Chinese ghost cities. I would probably estimate 97% of those cities are owned by Chinese citizens as they invest heavily in real estate. Many middle class families here own 2-3 homes they see them as investments. Cheers

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chinablast
Hello all, there are many misconceptions about Chinese ghost cities. I would probably estimate 97% of those cities are owned by Chinese citizens as they invest heavily in real estate. Many middle class families here own 2-3 homes they see them as investments. Cheers

But where is the investment value if they are falling apart?

Also, value is determined by both the buyer and seller, if these are run down, uninhabitable or just in an area with no demand. The value would be marginal.

Not being cynical, honestly wondering what the perceived value in investment would be compared to other investments.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Man I totally get where you're coming from I am from Texas USA I have been here over five years and married to a Chinese woman. They're thinking it Is totally different then western investments it's more about having face i.e. I own three houses I'm better than you which is stupid because they don't care if the house is inhabitable. Or they think the government Will come and by their home to make way for a factory or airport or whatever Believe me it's crazy in their thinking.a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chinablast

Seems more of a Ponzi Scheme to me. They are all hoping they are not the ones who get stuck holding the properties with no one to sell or rent to. It's simple supply and demand. The new constructions cost too much for the demand which there isn't enough of actual people wanting to buy and live in them. Housing bubbles can be a bitch.......
edit on 18-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chinablast
Man I totally get where you're coming from I am from Texas USA I have been here over five years and married to a Chinese woman. They're thinking it Is totally different then western investments it's more about having face i.e. I own three houses I'm better than you which is stupid because they don't care if the house is inhabitable. Or they think the government Will come and by their home to make way for a factory or airport or whatever Believe me it's crazy in their thinking.a reply to: MisterSpock

I had assumed you were chinese. I bet being from texas, there is plenty of culture shock on some things. Seems like this home thing would be the least of them.I'm sure you are looking forward to the social credit scrore.

I could see how these would be investments, if they were betting on continued population growth and eventual occupation of these cities. But given the decay of the properties, that population bet would take a decade, or more.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Here are the guy's I was talking about above:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Thanks, that sounded interesting.

Something to check out at work.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
its Safe to say china’s economy is as fake as CNN

A real communist utopia built on flawed foundations

Is China the next USSR ? Same demise ?
edit on 18-1-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
These cities also make a great path for claiming everyone has a job. Since the government can back the cost of materials and labor, they can just continuously build even if its for nothing and keep massive amounts of people busy.

The Conspiracy theorist in me also sees a possible propaganda piece when (if) WW3 breaks out. Regardless of build quality China can claim to it's people its been planning for them all along and move a massive work force into cities far away from the nuked grounds of their current major cities.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Some of the old ghost cities are now viable cities filled with people

www.quora.com... ies

Media hype as usual

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
There really is no ghost cities people do live there. What it is is you may have 100000 living in a city built to handle 500000. So it seems to be abandoned. The idea from the Chinese government is simple they are trying to get people to move into cities and free up rural areas. When a village population drops to low they simply mandate they move.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Some culture shock yes but I have adapted and as far as social credit score it doesn't apply to foreign people. There are positive and negative things about living in a mega city namely safety I can walk around in any part of the city and not have to worry about getting mugged or police interdiction that you might end up in jail like the US, I make great money more than I would if I was back in Dallas, healthcare is very good here and not crazy expensive at all. But I do miss my Texas BBQ LOL reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It seems that you may be invested into a link, but it remains empty. May I ask for a remortgage of that link please?

Besides, the poor quality of construction renders a 3 year old building in China to be considered as 'old'. Whom may I ask is to invest in upkeep of these new epicenters of growth once they are moved into? This approach may work if it were easy to provoke a country boy to become a city boy.

China will ALWAYS keep the tilt in favor of government, which may prove to be their undoing as well. One can save 100% of their income if they want, but the efforts may provide futile if the savings are forcibly and unknowingly invested on behalf of Chinese government instead.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chinablast

Thanks for the reply... the opposing viewpoints of investing standards are extremely fascinating to me.

From my standpoint as an investor, the logic of having to invest as a Chinese citizen rather than where I reside now would have to drastically shift due to government regulations.

When I choose to invest in an entity, it roots on behalf of teamwork. I can't do all myself and therefore rely on the strength, planning, expertise, and speculated future of infrastructure to provoke my unseeded investment into the mission of ALL. This strategy conforms to standards of which requires the plans of the entity's future be laid out in front of me. This style not only provides freedom, but it spreads out the dismay of poor speculation.

Being an outsider I may be viewing this wrong, but it seems that the Chinese populace is forced to save and invest in a small window of asset vehicles. Once percentages above 90% conformity are reached, I'd go ahead and indicate that it's likely being done by force than it is being done by choice.

Warren Buffet says to be greedy when the masses are fearful, and fearful when the masses are greedy. I find it hard to believe that Warren Buffet would invest in any entity that 97% of a small faction of society of the masses are heavily invested into, as it's a surefire indicator of manipulation...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Could you just imagine taking on a mortgage that is not able to be paid monthly by a tenant? It's hard to fathom on a scale of individuality or family let alone the scaling of millions upon millions.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

Great addition... I agree. Looking at it all from a mass industrial scale, the over reach of spent resources is a way to slowly force the rising costs of steel and other resources globally too.

Now I wonder... will the Chinese citizens with free space to occupy open their door to the common Taiwan or Hong Kong citizens as they are forced to reunify? Are these soon to be foreign newcomers to serve as the lease bearers when unification MUST occur?

How would it sit with the average Chinese investor who is forced to rent to a soon to be immigrant?

Depression will be the standard of living for all Chinese... whether it be fiscally or mentally & physically.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Can it really be considered as ''trying to get people" when the rice farm already vanished and gets filled with a skyscraper?

Since the cities already exist in place of farms, I'd say that little choice is involved.

I am not a social services engineer by any means, but the common rural life liver seldom leads to any bit of a happy and or willing city life living.

Over reach of Chinese government has reached capacity. Watching the Chinese revolutions post 2024 will be similar to witnessing the American Revolution I guess... except China is by far the longest lasting of Empires to have ever existed on Earth having been around for 1000's of years. Big trees fall much harder than branches do...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join