It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Mueller team disputes BuzzFeed article today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Earlier today, we saw a article released by Buzzfeed regarding Trump telling Cohen to lie to Congress. The story, like most run by the liberal media, had anonymous sources and they ran with it.... Well, something pretty unprecedented just happened, Muellers special council team just released this response..

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller’s office, said Friday.

The statement is remarkable in that Mueller's team rarely issue statements in response to news stories. But BuzzFeed's story sparked immense interest from Democrats, who called for renewed investigations and even suggesting the allegations could form the basis for impeachment proceedings. In a story published Thursday, BuzzFeed cited two unnamed federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation on the matter who said Cohen acknowledged to Mueller’s office that he was instructed by Trump in 2017 to lie to Congress about the now-abandoned real estate deal to build a Trump Tower in Russia.

Link to article

And for those who dont believe FOX news, CNN is reporting it too

CNN link

More info to come as the story is breaking now
edit on 18-1-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Mueller and team gained some credibility back with this. False confidential sources aka fake media needs to stop. It is ridiculous at this point.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Mueller had to release a statement because a new AG is coming real soon.

Democrat BS cover operations are exposed again 😎😂

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Mueller and team gained some credibility back with this. False confidential sources aka fake media needs to stop. It is ridiculous at this point.

Agreed... There needs to be consequences for these type of actions. You shouldnt be able to run stories like this BuzzFeed one with anonymous BS sources. BuzzFeed deserves the treatment of Alex Jones and Infowars got. They dont deserve any platform to spread their lies

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This was planned from the beginning.

They know such hard accusations needs to be proven. Buzzfeed was the scapegoat, by the time they broke the story they knew it already they'd have to retract hours after.

They achieved their goal, tho. Now most of the uninformed idiots believes the story and won't even see this retract.

It's aaaall a show, people.

We are the pawns and they play with us as they want it.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

How tedious. The press are letting leakers do their job for them. Must be sick of getting duped.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wait a minute....

You're telling me that a buzzfeed investigative journalism piece that the mainstream media picked up was wrong?

I don't believe it, it makes no sense.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sadly neither buzzfeed or my anti trump coworkers who were all fired up today about this “revelation” will probbsly even admit its bull#.

Selective reasoning and watching cnn is a bad combo.

Might be fake but in a lot of leftist minds the damage is already done .

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wait a minute....

You're telling me that a buzzfeed investigative journalism piece that the mainstream media picked up was wrong?

Its almost like we've seen this before with the article they released on the Steele dossier.... Im shocked too!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What happened last time the MSM ran with a buzzfeed story so sensational and enticing it was almost too good to be true?

I forgot, that was a few hundred gallons of booze ago.
I posted at 4 pm lol

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think a new law punishing the release of false news stories needs to be introduced.
Actually make “reporters” work to verify their stories before they run with them or face a jail term when it’s proven false.

The MSM needs to understand it has a responsibility to report news, not a licence to disseminate propaganda

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The leftists must be so disappointed.

Their lives have become one disappointment after another. You would think so much losing would build them character after a while. Apparently not though, they just get dirtier and dirtier.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wait a minute....

Its almost like we've seen this before with the article they released on the Steele dossier.... Im shocked too!

We’re watching McCarthyism in action. And they’re using the media to do it.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Those who can't see at this point never will.

The FISA warrants to spy on Trump were only approved because the corrupt left MSM pushed a fake story to justify the spying.

That's why the Democrats are in full desperate mode. They are literally out of control, and they won't give up easy.

They know if they get caught it won't be good for them.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
With this its safe to say that Buzzfeed credibility is finished.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

How tedious. The press are letting leakers do their job for them. Must be sick of getting duped.

No they aren't. They got tons of clicks, which means tons of ad dollars.

Buzzfeed lost their credibility to reasonable people long ago. They are just doing their part to brainwash the dumbest among us and profit off of it.
edit on 18-1-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

They never had credibility, they were always just clickbait tabloid nonsense.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
The leftists must be so disappointed.

Their lives have become one disappointment after another. You would think so much losing would build them character after a while. Apparently not though, they just get dirtier and dirtier.

You can't build something without the raw materials.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am beginning to suspect that some fear what will be in the Mueller report.

They fear it may not be the Golden Egg they have been searching for, so it's best to throw as much crap as possible in the remaining time they have before it becomes public and hope to continue to muddy the waters, so to speak.

2019 is going to be a very interesting news year.....some of it real, some of it,,,not so much.
edit on R482019-01-18T19:48:14-06:00k481Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Very interesting!

Buzzfeed is pushing back on Robert Mueller now....

Things that make you go hmmm......

When two untrustworthy parties disagree with each other....

Perhaps Muller's team just got caught red handed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join