It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he will make a 'major' announcement on Saturday about border and shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Protect Dreamers and build the wall, and we can all win

www.dallasnews.com...

Is a compromise coming in this announcement?

The media wouldn't be running an editorial like this if the worm hadn't turned.

There is a reason these class of people are called "dreamers" and they were rightly catagorized. They and anyone else are dreaming if they think they are going to become citizens.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think a deal has been done with Democrats with Pelosi and Schumner forced to the table because more and more of their party were starting to break ranks. Even the Democrats can't hold this one together because they are clearly on the wrong side of the argument.

The deal will involve the protection of the Dreamers - the right to work and live in the US for good, and possibly a path to citizenship. If trump secures the wall money and gets a good chunk of the wall built, he'll have done the deal of the century.

Alternatively, if he just opens govt with no deal, he'll be screwing up royally.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: Tempter
Protect Dreamers and build the wall, and we can all win

www.dallasnews.com...

Is a compromise coming in this announcement?

The media wouldn't be running an editorial like this if the worm hadn't turned.

There is a reason these class of people are called "dreamers" and they were rightly catagorized. They and anyone else are dreaming if they think they are going to become citizens.

The main issue with legalising the Dreamers permenantly is that it opens the door to abuse and corruption of the law. What will happen, guaranteed, is that Democrats will cry racism if there is any effort to count the number of people who apply/have dreamer status. They will organise the efforts to enrol, with banks of lawyers. The 80yr old grandma will become a 40yr old who got dragged across the border when she was 3.

The ACTUAL number will be more like 8m on this program, not 800,000. Any attempt to keep track will be bogged down in court with human/civil rights cases.

If there is a deal, I hope people are smart enough to write into the law the requirement for registration and tracking.
edit on 19/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The whole reason the government is shutdown southern border security.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: madenusa
He plans on having this 15 year wall building project done before the next election.

He'd have far more than $5.7 Billion available if he bypasses Congress. The $5.7 Billion would only cover a few hundred miles with top-notched barrier and electronic border security. If you want to greatly improve America's protection against criminals and drugs from the south, you don't do it half-azzed.
Our talking heads in the media argue like this wall will go up over night.its at least a 15 year project.
Prices of building supply's and labor go up every year.
Its another one of their grand allusion money laundering games. we are being played by both sided.
edit on 19-1-2019 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Has the announcement been changed to 4pm ET today?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Zeropinion

Odds are he will insult people lie about his accomplishments repeat himself like a drunk and waste everyone's time.

no no we're talking about the current president, not the previous one.

really hoping something gets done soon.
hoping some democrats will get tired of Pelosi's insane obstructionism and do the right thing and break ranks.

yes, I heard 4:00pm also, carewemust
edit on 19-1-2019 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yawn, he will offer up daca, like we don’t already the Supreme Court isn’t going to put it on the docket. Don the con is one desperate moron. Of course I doubt the garden variety rwnj’s we get here are aware of that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My prediction:

19 Democrats are needed in the House to pass a bill to end the shutdown, assuming all Republicans vote for it as well. I believe Trump is going to announce that the wall is being funded from the military budget, using the Corps of Engineers instead of private contractors to reduce costs, and that he has enough Democrat votes in the House to pass a bill that will reimburse the military budget in exchange for DACA codification.

I expect him to challenge Pelosi to bring the bill opening the government, with the reimbursement rider, to the floor, and Schumer to not block a vote on the bill in the Senate, placing full responsibility on them for any future shutdown extensions. I think he will also up the ante by mentioning the RIF procedures that can occur if they do not comply.

He will drive home the issue by showing that Pelosi's obstruction has cost thousands of new government contractor jobs by forcing use of the military instead of private contractors, and that a refusal by her to bring the bill to the floor will result in hundreds of thousands of Federal positions being removed, thus giving her (and Schumer) a choice: get the job done, or face the American people's wrath for driving unemployment up in their first month in control of the House. That will clinch his 2020 victory as well as another retake of the entire Congress by the Republicans if they do not comply.

It's time to pull out the big boy toys and play a little hardball. Batter up!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Look at this. 1,000 people crossing the border illegally this week, after Mexico intentionally left the gates open.

Photo/article: twitter.com...

Mexico has now implemented an OPEN BORDER policy? Maybe those in favor of such a policy for the U.S.A., would be happier living in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well that was pretty anti-climactic. No RIF (which I knew would be too good to be true) and no declaring a national emergency.

What did we learn?

No DACA either.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

|| R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D :**: A-L-R-E-A-D-Y ||

😆

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would. That’s where I’m retiring. Personally I hope that the redneck hicks remain pee their pants scared of Mexicans. It’s nice not having to deal with that kind of pond scum down there. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Yeah, I think Trump was just whistling Dixie here...

We'll see if he's got a rabbit in that hat. I'm not seeing one.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join