It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Stepson's Best Friend OD'd Today--Build The Damn Wall NOW!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I hate the word Junkie used to describe someone as most folk are addicted to things be it Tea, Coffee, Tobacco .Food ,Drugs , much better to use the slang word--mad funkie

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
I'm addicted to nicotine, started vaping a few days ago though instead of smoking. I've given up pot as well.
...I miss rolling smokes though, like a crazy habit thing.
Never tried opiates, done everything else...I'm saving heroin for when I wish to end my life...care workers wiping my arse or whatever.
EDIT
I lie, I smoked opium in Laos quite a lot, but I've never mainlined.
edit on 20-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

look at how China handled the opium wars and how John Kerry's family participated...

look how attacking Afghanistan turned out...

How do you think he got the nickname "poppy"?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

15 minutes after i had heart attack number 2 i asked the doctor could they unplug me so i could go out for a smoke
i am totally addicted to nicotine , sitting with a cigar as i type this and smoke more pot now than i did then .

I have tried the lot and nothing beats a tin of beer and a joint IMHO i say to people who inject that H is for girls real men inject whisky/vodka and dare then to try it and few have , thats the real mental

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

here might be one problem is parents and teachers tell children and teens pot is dangerous and then they try and it and find out, parents been lying to them about it and then go on to try other stuff and get totally fugged up and find out it is 10x worse than parents warned them about.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Appreciated. What you say is also true in most cases. The only reason my cousin was able to stay sober was uprooting and leaving the area, totally starting over. Sadly there's no real happy ending there though as she was diagnosed with a large malignant tumor almost directly in the center of her brain in October 2017. She only made it to the second week of January 2018, 2 weeks shy of her 34th birthday, but at least got to experience life as a normal person without that weight for a few years first. At least she passed with a sense of pride instead of high in a Dunkin donuts bathroom.

That's why I have the feelings I do on the topic. The memories of drug free happiness are still there. The "wasted potential" thoughts are ever present in the back of your mind no matter how hard you try to forget. Will power, humility and the resolve to say "this is it" is ultimately all that's needed.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

In the last 6 months alone i know of 10 plus people who have died from taking opiates or suicide due to drugs one this weekend , she was 21

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen

here might be one problem is parents and teachers tell children and teens pot is dangerous and then they try and it and find out, parents been lying to them about it and then go on to try other stuff and get totally fugged up and find out it is 10x worse than parents warned them about.

Why would you say parents are "lying" to their children? Perhaps there is some genuine ability to relieve chronic or severe pain in place of opioids, but there is no proof that it is not harmful. Since the 70'S there have been studies that have shown it to be harmful to DNA, and to degrade short term memory. At the very least, it produces hazy and unclear thinking, and more recently, there's evidence that it can set off schizophrenia. Why would we want to overlook that in favor of temporary pain relief? Another thing, is that it is frequently laced with other drugs of chemicals which can be quite dangerous. Some people imagine that is a reason to legalize and regulate it, but cmon, that is an excuse to make it easier to obtain.

edit on 20-1-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

My Stepson's Best Friend OD'd Today--Build The Damn Wall NOW!

The wall would not have saved his life.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Our opinions on walls aside (and everyone has the right to their view on that) doesn't anyone think it's in really poor taste to say things like "RIP junkies" or "junkies" get what they deserve etc to a fellow member who just lost someone close to them?

Politics have turned some of our members into vulgar people. It's sad to see.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Agreed.

Addiction is a disease. And that has nothing to do with politics, or walls, or anything else except a person's choice that ultimately resulted in a condition that overtakes one's ability for self control.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
Our opinions on walls aside (and everyone has the right to their view on that) doesn't anyone think it's in really poor taste to say things like "RIP junkies" or "junkies" get what they deserve etc to a fellow member who just lost someone close to them?

Honestly Dj, this is not the ATS I remember. I remember people having issues with each other, however it seems that many have lost their sense of humanity.

My hope is that people will take a step outside their ego's, and mean-spirited attacks, because the ripple-effect on the world affects everyone.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
What an absolute horror. If your stepson seeing his friends die is not enough to make him quit, nothing will. Not the wall, not your begging and pleading. If death is not enough to discourage him, nothing will.

So sorry you are dealing with this. Sometimes there are no answers.

Addiction to opioids doesn’t work that way. Knowing someone you loved OD on heroin often just makes the addict want to escape that pain with more drugs. The more pain they deal with, the more they try to escape into drugs, often secretly wanting their life to be over as well.
These people are dealing with a lot of inner pain.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I don't know what the hell this is anymore.

Quite frankly I don't think a member who can talk to a fellow member in such a manner after such a loss has any business using our site.

It may be time for people to be made to understand that their political obsessions do not override our community. If accounts have to drop for that message to be sent fully, so be it.

I am sickened.

edit on Jan 20th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

as i understand, he's still alive (i didn't read the whole thread).

in such case, the only way to save his life is to fight. and to fight with a problem, one has to face the problem. he's not just a "sweet kid", he's a drug addict. the government won't help. building a wall won't help. nuking Mexico won't help. he has to save himself, family can help with that, but not by throwing the blame at everyone else but him.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm sickened too.
www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Yes, I've been a volunteer EMT since 2000 and have had to treat many addicts, including by administration of Narcan.

I'm quite familiar with what goes on with substance abusers.

That doesn't change the disgraceful disrespect shown to a fellow member in this thread.

Call them addicts, debate what needs to be done to address the problem, nothing is wrong with that.

Talking to someone who just experienced loss like a classless piece of trash is not going to happen anymore. That's a whole different story.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Realtruth

I don't know what the hell this is anymore.

Quite frankly I don't think a member who can talk to a fellow member in such a manner after such a loss has any business using our site.

It may be time for people to be made to understand that their political obsessions do not override our community. If accounts have to drop for that message to be sent fully, so be it.

I am sickened.

Here's to hoping you have enough clout to see that to fruition, respect and civil discourse has been all but destroyed on this site these days, it's embarrassing to be a member, thank god we are anonymous.
edit on 20-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That is not inner pain. It truly is a psyche that has been destroyed by the bad meds. Can't really blame it on pain. The poor mind of addicts no longer function normally.

In the "normal" mind logic would come into play. Without a mind that functions on all cylinders, it can't be called pain.

Until they are clean, nothing will work. All the statistics prove that. But don't call it pain-it's a sick mind.

Addiction truly has not found a cure.

Edit: Three of my cousins died from drug overdoses. My own brother struggled for over 30 years as an addict. My mother's love, not doctors or meetings, intense caring through all the arrests and shame, unconditional love from our whole family and never giving up-and he is and has been a functioning adult for over 25 years. He's not an easy person to be around but is married and lives in a fancy country club home with many celebrities. He has many friends and highly sought after professionally and socially. My mother is a saint-but he still does not recognize the sacrifices made by his family. But we know. Not everyone is as lucky.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join