It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to spend 1 trillion in next 6 years, open mainland for more trade.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I wholeheartedly agree on this. Intellectual rights/property are seemingly meaningless in China and the apparent rampant and wholesale assailing of our mil/tech industry makes this readily apparent.
It's not like we don't share or not want to.
China just doesn't seem to make themselves trustworthy of that. Shame.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Tell that to all of the inventors in the US who have had their inventions and patents stolen by Darpa and such agencies.

Tell that to all of the inventors in the US who have had their inventions and patents stolen by Big Pharma, the Oil Companies and anyone else that is big enough to swamp the inventor with lawsuits.

I don't mind you calling out the Chinese, they copy anything!

But please beware of the rickety soap box you are standing on.

P

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I wouldn't argue that at all. As a matter of fact, my first case to present as evidence would be one Nikola Tesla, for example. Don't think I'm not keenly aware of how sneaky our own in-house spooks are.
Wasn't aware I was placing anyone on a pedestal per se, but I most definitely did not climb on a soap box and sing the Rah Rah song of Jingoistic Glee did I? If my opinion was pointed, it's because I'm American. But I'm not blind.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I belive China said to the U.S that you can come here to China and use our highly educated, compliant, low payed workers in exchange for your technology. American companies jumped at the chance.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I actually support China in making it very expensive for us to do business with them.
If we do not trade with China at all, the winners are American labor and the losers are the moneychangers.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Tell that to all of the inventors in the US who have had their inventions and patents stolen by Darpa and such agencies.

Tell that to all of the inventors in the US who have had their inventions and patents stolen by Big Pharma, the Oil Companies and anyone else that is big enough to swamp the inventor with lawsuits.

I don't mind you calling out the Chinese, they copy anything!

But please beware of the rickety soap box you are standing on.

P

Noone held a gun to their heads to move to China.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Star for you.

All Governments do this. All Multinationals do this.

Western nations spend bucket loads of our money attending to digital piracy while protecting the big movie houses and such like.

Why the hell are we paying the bill? They should spend their money from profits to do this.

They bought the Police Force by bribing politicians.

Time for a reset ... the current system is broken.

P

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
I belive China said to the U.S that you can come here to China and use our highly educated, compliant, low payed workers in exchange for your technology. American companies jumped at the chance.

The moneychangers loved the profits on the upside and now blame others for the downside.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this important information to ATS. It's definitely a good beginning for "normalized" US-China trade relations. It will really be a good day when the talks culminate with an actual deal signed. Sadly, it will only get casual mention in 90% of the mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It is bad news and Trump had better not take it.

If Trump takes the deal the Chinese won't honor it anyway, then Apple will pay the price when the rumored EO banning ZTE and Huawei sales in the US is signed in April or May.

No matter what Trump says about that EO the Chinese will take it as lost face and react very badly. They view all issues as interrelated no matter what they say or do otherwise. Notice all those Canadians suddenly getting arrested recently? Yeah totally not coincidental to Ms. Huawei getting arrested in Canada, nope nothing related at all.

The government is freaking the f*& out because if the tariffs are gone they will lose about 30% of their tax revenue is the estimates I've seen. They are cracking down so hard on taxes especially on foreigners and foreign companies it's crazy bad as I've seen it in 12 years living here. I seriously feel that the government is hedging that Trump will win and they'll have to remove all the tariffs.

But this is what Trump should drive for as when the WTO agreement was signed under slick Willy it required tariffs to be nearly fully rescinded in 2016 which is what Obummer should have made sure happened. Another coincidence? Far too many where China is concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join