It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to spend 1 trillion in next 6 years, open mainland for more trade.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of the end of the big "Trade War/Tariff Dispute" between the U.S. and China?
A 1 trillion dollar commitment would be an incredibly good gesture towards smoothing out the relationship between the two.
Of course there are stipulations involved, but who will be the first to say this is bad news?
Not me.
I await my detractors...

www.ccn.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hmm,

I wonder if some "number crunchers" realized that maybe someone needs the U.S. economy more than they thought?

But it's probably just them being nice. (Sarc)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Well, we shall see.

The Chinese have always been a pain in the ass for American companies to do business with... you pretty much have to "partner" with one of their companies and let them have your technology or face steep tariffs.

money.cnn.com...

www.industryweek.com...

Currency Manipulation – China manipulates its currency to keep the U.S. dollar value high, so that Chinese companies have a 30% to 40% cost advantage. This undervaluation is illegal and should be considered to be a direct export subsidy, yet the Commerce Department has refused to treat currency undervaluation as actionable under the law.

State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) – China owns and subsidizes many companies, as in the steel industry example, above. Through the subsidized companies, China can target a market with low-cost products, capture market share and drive competitors out of business.

Technology Theft – China knows that technology and innovation is what can make them the No. 1 manufacturer in the world, and they are prepared to get it any way they can. They have been accused of using espionage, counterfeiting and buying American technology companies as standard strategies. According to the US-China Economic Panel Security Commission’s 2015 report to Congress, “China’s government conducts and sponsors a massive cyber espionage operation aimed at stealing trade secrets and intelligence from U.S. corporations and the government.” This includes blocking U.S. company websites, revoking business licenses and censoring the internet.

Technology Transfer - As a condition of accessing the Chinese markets, China requires U.S. companies that build plants in China to create joint ventures with local companies—and share with them their latest technologies. Testimony to Congress by Patrick A. Mulloy asserts that we are slowly losing the Advanced Technology Products industries to China. Advanced technology products includes the more advanced elements of the computer and electronics industry as well as life sciences, biotechnology, aerospace and nuclear technology, all of which are central to U.S.'s own innovation strategy. In 2014, the U.S. trade deficit with China in advanced technology products was $123 billion.

Research & Development Facilities - China requires foreign companies with plants in China set up R&D facilities in China. As a result, foreign companies have built more than 1,000 R&D labs in China.

www.pbs.org...

They have always been a manipulative partner before.... I expect them to honor their agreement until they don't and expect to resume their unfair trade practices as soon as they can get away with it again.

edit on 18-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I never realized how big a "secret" that thier economy being tied to ours was.
That said, I'm all for positive interaction between everyone. We can achieve so much more working together.

But I dont trust hope. I just acknowledge the possibility of it lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

No doubt. They are very adept at negotiation and even more so at espionage. But they eventually had to realize who holds all the Trump (😁sorry) cards.
This was a poker hand they wouldn't win. Yet.

edit on 17Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:44:10 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20191America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

could be, also could be they are having trouble keeping the real estate bubble going by building empty cities and are going to try something else to keep things going.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That could be a factor as well.
They have plenty of people and supposedly a steadily building middle class.
I guess the two ideas haven't met in the middle yet for some reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I've got complete faith that the democrats will screw it up. It could be a very good thing for the US and the dems will not stand for that since it was Trump that brought them to the table and we know how the dems feel about anything Trump.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

That could very well happen. It wouldn't surprise me for the losers amongst them to seize the opportunity to try and sabotage this potential deal.
All in the name of spite I'd imagine too.
But, short of that speculation, let's see what happens.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Eff the Chicoms , they Owe the U.S. BIG TIME for their Decades of Thievery . Time to Twist the Screws on these Commie Bastids and Finally Make Them Pay ! The U.S. Military Still has Balls Sonny .........

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

😂😂😂
Well now...that escalated quickly lol.
I understand this to be your official stance on the matter or are you placating to the masses like a good diplomat should? 🙄😏

edit on 18Fri, 18 Jan 2019 18:17:20 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20191America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: I have fat fingers or I'm vision impaired or I can't spell or all 7

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Or , I am Itchin' For a Fight ? ...............Hmm......

GOD BLESS AMERICA !

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I never realized how big a "secret" that thier economy being tied to ours was. 

I don't think anybody said it was a secret.

What I was referring to is all of the fear mongering about how our farmers are going to suffer and the trade wars will severely affect the U.S. economy. While it affects us some, maybe it isn't as bad as people were led to belive.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I Sense that you could become a Great Diplomat , I on the other hand could shed Blood in a Time of War . BALANCE is Needed here , you Agree ? Peace through Strength is Always the Best Option .
edit on 18-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I wasn't being sarcastic with you, nor did I imply you said that. Hope you didn't take it that way.
That was more a sarcastic rhetorical question regarding my experience with other people and their supposed knowledge on the matter at large.
When one of the largest details of the topic is left out, it kind of belies the point of discussion.

Also, I totally agree with what you say. The fear-mongering and claims of "skyfall" were real.
But yet, here we all are.

edit on 18Fri, 18 Jan 2019 18:26:09 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20191America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Elaboration

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Sense that you could become a Great Diplomat , I on the other hand could shed Blood in a Time of War . BALANCE is Needed here , you Agree ? Peace through Strength is Always the Best Option .

Lol surely you jest my friend.
While I appreciate the compliment, I am not always so level headed or clear sighted. But I try.
Balance in my opinion, is fundamental to everything. Like energy, frequency, or vibration, it is inescapable.
Peace through strength is the ONLY way in my opinion as well. I'm sure there are other methods.
But in this world, these times, weakness is preyed upon openly and without regard for consequence.
I appreciate your wisdom.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Perhaps people should keep in mind that during their development stage, all countries need to control items like tariffs and to control their own currency. It is their currency after all.

The US did it during their development, all other countries have as well.

But according to the MSM who control the narrative, China is the enemy.

Perhaps seeing China as a friend you need to make all your stuff, you could offer friendship and work together.

So here we go ....

China could be your friend

MSM is definitely your enemy.

Now get it right!

The only ones who want a war with someone ... anyone will do ... is your Military Industrial Complex group of a/holes who BTW, control the MSM and therefore the narrative.

Wake up please!

P

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Love it, good work China and Trump

I love the way the Chinese have put a 6 year term on the project, it specifically expires when Trumps 2nd term finishes

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thanks , here's a Virtual Pat On the Back Friend ....................")

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It's a start. The real problem between US and China is intellectual property. Not copyright piracy as much as trade secrets. China's requirement that they become a partner in all business ventures enables a transfer of manufacturing processes and knowledge to Chinese industry which is allowed to remain private in the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join