It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate calls out Kamala Harris for her religous bigotry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

So, lets see the "real" oath that Knights of Columbus take, then. Otherwise, I don't believe that this oath has been effectively refuted or debunked.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Except in Texas it almost did happen. So my point isn't a strawman, it's fact. It got one of my favorite science Youtubers into politics because of how ridiculous it was becoming.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Nice deflection. You lost your argument and this is the best you got? PATHETIC

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge

That's due to the rather curious phenomena of "it's ok to back Christianity, it deserves it, but leave all other religions alone." Also, most of the folks who do bash Islam don't know beans about it, other than what Pastor bob Whitebread says about it. *sigh*

Sigh?
Siigghh, so sad so very sad, don't know beans about it but what we see with our own eyes daily in the streets
I don't need to listen to Bob Whitebread, I have eyes

Sigh, indeed?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Have you heard of the word discrimination?

As enshrined in the First Amendment, religious freedom includes two complementary protections: the right to religious belief and expression and a guarantee that the government neither prefers religion over non-religion nor favors particular faiths over others. These dual protections work hand in hand, allowing religious liberty to thrive and safeguarding both religion and government from the undue influences of the other.

www.aclu.org...

edit on 1/18/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
I have eyes too. I see rampant bigotry, racism, hatred and self-righteousness. islam is no more evil than Xianity, Judaism, or your local cabbage worshipper. Ok, considering cabbage is foul, that one might be beyond the pale. Beyond that...

SIGH

link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Except in Texas it almost did happen. So my point isn't a strawman, it's fact. It got one of my favorite science Youtubers into politics because of how ridiculous it was becoming.

That's up to the people in Texas to sort out though. As was already mentioned, we have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. You know that thing we in the states refer to as states rights...

link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Lumenari

how would this be taking away "Freedom to believe" ?

Because the government should not be in the position to judge another based on their religion.

In this case, disqualifying a person from holding office based on their belief system.

Thus penalizing them for their religious belief.

I had thought that a rather simple statement... I guess not.

For bonus points, please link for us in the Constitution where the phrase "separation of church and state" is used.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Mommy, the insane lunatic cults are fighting again...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Look, there is no question that Knights of Columbus require their members to value God and Church before country. JFK, while running for President, publicly denounced the Pope's authority over him, and publicly claimed that he would honor country over his Catholic faith.

Has Judge Brian Buescher or Scott Llyod, HHS ORR Director, who refused to obey a judges order to allow a minor under his watch an abortion, done the same?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Prominent Democrat and President John F. Kennedy was also a member of the Knights of Columbus. If we decide to forbid anyone that belongs to a religious or charitable organization from holding office, will it also apply to those recently elected ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Because the government should not be in the position to judge another based on their religion.

If a person's religion forbids them from carrying out the duties of the job they're asking for, then they should be disqualified from holding that job.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Its not about getting feelings hurts, they are suggesting he shouldnt beable to hold his position due his religious beliefs. Imagine if it was due to him being gay, a minority, or female if it helps.
edit on 1/18/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
Prominent Democrat and President John F. Kennedy was also a member of the Knights of Columbus. If we decide to forbid anyone that belongs to a religious or charitable organization from holding office, will it also apply to those recently elected ?

Anyone who hold's the Pope's authority over the authority of the Federal Government should not be qualified to serve as a Federal Government judge or administrator.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion.

You do know that one of the main foundations of the US and why it was so appealing to Europeans was because of religious persecution right? People were fleeing in droves to the new world to escape the poisoned talons of Christianity and Catholicism.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Why should religion be an issue of any kind in government?

Ask Harris and Horonomo, they brought it to the table.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

If a person's religion forbids them from carrying out the duties of the job they're asking for, then they should be disqualified from holding that job.

Meaning that Progressives who hold the belief in a global government should be disqualified from their political positions because it is in direct opposition to the oath they took to uphold the Constitution?

That followers of the Cult of the DNC should be stripped of their position because they are obviously not capable of fulfilling their oath of office?

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

Sure... let's go there... seems to also exclude Atheists...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I was wondering if someone was going to use that!!

Much like the Protocols of the Elders are used against Jews.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ask the two Senators who brought it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Again, if that oath is in dispute, let's see the "real" oath that 4th Degree Knights of Columbus take!

There is no way in "hell" that Knights of Columbus take an oath that places US law and the US Constitution above the Pope's authority and the Catholic Church's policies.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join