It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate calls out Kamala Harris for her religous bigotry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
so many other things make Her Trash, why do the snowflakes focus on "Anti-Christianity" when according to the "Constitution" Religion has no place in politics anyway...

not knowing her Religion, it seems you have to either be a fundamentalist or you are "Anti-Christianity"

...Uh, Harris and Horonimo were the ones who made this about religion... they're attempting to portray a judge's Christianity as a disqualifying characteristic for the bench. It would strike me that they are also the ones who are violating the Constitution by making this about religion while the GOP is simply playing the hand the two dealt, themselves.

There is a plurality, according to some polls a majority, even, on Americans who are antiabortion and antihomosexual marriage. To block judges because they share those viewpoints, particularly judges who recognize neither is a Constitutionally enumerated right (while the same fools who want those judges excluded are pushing for the banishment of a truly enumerated right, the 2nd Amendment) doesn't represent We The People in any way. Harris and Horonimo are unfit to serve and should be bounced from their positions, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

When Islamic lawmakers or political appointees refuse to apply US law, due to their alliegence to Allah, or propose to levy Islamic law on the US citizens, then we would have a problem.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It seems to me that the oath that all members of the Knights of Columbus take makes them ineligible to serve, as they have declared they have no alliance to uphold US law of the US Constitution. Taking the following oath should be disqualifying.

"I do now denounce and disown allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or State, named Protestant or Liberals, or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates or officers.
"I do further declare, that I will help, assist and advise all or any of his Holiness’ agents, in any place where I should be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Ireland or America, or in any other kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Masonic Doctrine, and to destroy all their pretended powers, legal or otherwise.
"I do further promise and declare that, notwithstanding I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical for the propagation of the Mother Church’s interest; to keep secret and private all her agent's counsels from time to time, as they entrust me, and not divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstances whatever, but to execute all that should be proposed, given in charge, or discovered unto me, by any Ghostly Father or any of this sacred order.
"I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservations, whatsoever even as a corpse or cadaver (Perinde ac cadaver,) but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ.
'That I will go to any part of the world whithersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions of the North to the burning sands of the desert of Africa, or to the jungles of India, to the centers of civilization of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of Africa, without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things whatsoever that are communicated to me.
"I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition, and that I will burn, hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive those infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of the women, and crush their infants’ heads against the walls, in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the homer, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope, or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus.
"In confirmation of which I hereby dedicate my life, soul and all corporal powers and with the dagger which I now receive I will subscribe my name written in my blood in testimony, thereof; and should I prove false or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the militia of the Pope, cut off my hands and my feet and my throat from ear to ear, my belly open and sulphur burn therein with the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth and my soul shall be tortured by demons in eternal hell forever.
"That I will in voting, always vote for a Knight of Columbus in preference to a Protestant, especially a Mason, and that I will leave my party so to do; that if two Catholics are on the ticket I well satisfy myself which is the better supporter of the Mother Church and vote accordingly.
“That I will not deal with or employ a Protestant if in my power to deal with or employ a Catholic. That I will place Catholic girls in Protestant families, that a weekly report may be made of the inner movements of the heretics.
"That I will provide myself with arms and ammunition that I may be in readiness when the word is passed, or I am commanded to defend the church either as an individual or with the militia of the Pope.
“All of which I' _____________ , do swear by the blessed Trinity and the blessed Sacrament which I am to receive to perform and on my part to keep my oath.”
“In testimony whereof, I take this most holy and blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist, and witness the same further, with my name written with the point of this dagger, dipped in my own blood, and seal, in the face of this Holy Sacrament.”
Signature ___________________

I noticed no link. Ya got one or not?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I disagree. They certainly DID target judicial nominee Brian Buescher over his Catholic beliefs. This was clearly a veiled Dim strategy, to see if it could be used again on a future confirmation hearing on another Catholic. With Supreme Court justice Ruth Ginsberg's health failing, the Democrats are fearful that a Catholic, like Judge Amy Coney Barrett may be nominated to take Ginsberg's place.

Also, Senator Sasse clearly mentioned that one of his colleagues "called The Knights of Columbus an extremist organization." Senator Sasse himself rebuked his colleague on the Senate floor, so why exactly is this a "poorly worded and incredibly misleading article title?"

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

It seems to me that the oath that all members of the Knights of Columbus take makes them ineligible to serve, as they have declared they have no alliance to uphold US law of the US Constitution. Taking the following oath should be disqualifying.

"I do now denounce and disown allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or State, named Protestant or Liberals, or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates or officers.
"I do further declare, that I will help, assist and advise all or any of his Holiness’ agents, in any place where I should be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Ireland or America, or in any other kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Masonic Doctrine, and to destroy all their pretended powers, legal or otherwise.
"I do further promise and declare that, notwithstanding I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical for the propagation of the Mother Church’s interest; to keep secret and private all her agent's counsels from time to time, as they entrust me, and not divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstances whatever, but to execute all that should be proposed, given in charge, or discovered unto me, by any Ghostly Father or any of this sacred order.
"I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservations, whatsoever even as a corpse or cadaver (Perinde ac cadaver,) but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ.
'That I will go to any part of the world whithersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions of the North to the burning sands of the desert of Africa, or to the jungles of India, to the centers of civilization of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of Africa, without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things whatsoever that are communicated to me.
"I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition, and that I will burn, hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive those infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of the women, and crush their infants’ heads against the walls, in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the homer, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope, or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus.
"In confirmation of which I hereby dedicate my life, soul and all corporal powers and with the dagger which I now receive I will subscribe my name written in my blood in testimony, thereof; and should I prove false or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the militia of the Pope, cut off my hands and my feet and my throat from ear to ear, my belly open and sulphur burn therein with the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth and my soul shall be tortured by demons in eternal hell forever.
"That I will in voting, always vote for a Knight of Columbus in preference to a Protestant, especially a Mason, and that I will leave my party so to do; that if two Catholics are on the ticket I well satisfy myself which is the better supporter of the Mother Church and vote accordingly.
“That I will not deal with or employ a Protestant if in my power to deal with or employ a Catholic. That I will place Catholic girls in Protestant families, that a weekly report may be made of the inner movements of the heretics.
"That I will provide myself with arms and ammunition that I may be in readiness when the word is passed, or I am commanded to defend the church either as an individual or with the militia of the Pope.
“All of which I' _____________ , do swear by the blessed Trinity and the blessed Sacrament which I am to receive to perform and on my part to keep my oath.”
“In testimony whereof, I take this most holy and blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist, and witness the same further, with my name written with the point of this dagger, dipped in my own blood, and seal, in the face of this Holy Sacrament.”

Ooops, sorry
www.akjbible.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse How much policy changes did she contribute to Cali's legal system that were corrupt?

She does not have a good record, actually is part of the problem.

Good read here on her
www.sacbee.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
so many other things make Her Trash, why do the snowflakes focus on "Anti-Christianity" when according to the "Constitution" Religion has no place in politics anyway...

not knowing her Religion, it seems you have to either be a fundamentalist or you are "Anti-Christianity"

Actually, the Bill of Rights guarantees freedom OF religion, meaning the the government cannot tell you to practice a certain religion or hold one higher than the other religions, or none at all.

Progressives twist that to mean freedom FROM religion, which is a patently false concept.

So someone in a political position should not hold anyone else's belief system to be a litmus test for holding office.

Pretty simple, right?

link   

originally posted by: narrator
I feel it necessary to point out, they most definitely didn't "attack" him because of what religion he is. They don't like the fact that he's a member of the Knights of Columbus, which is a group that opposes same sex marriage and a woman's right to choose.
Two things which aren't that great to be opposed to nowadays.

Furthermore, the title of that article is insane. That is not what they voted on. They voted that being a member of the Knights of Columbus is not a disqualifying criteria for holding office.
They did NOT vote to rebuke what Senators Harris and Hirono said.

Poorly worded and incredibly misleading article title, as is the entire article.

Do you call out Islam fundamentalists for similar views or is that “Islamophobia?” Asking for friends.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Didn't President John F. Kennedy take an oath to become President?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

You do realize President Kennedy was a member of The Knights Of Columbus, right??

President Kennedy, the first Catholic U.S. president, joined the Knights of Columbus soon after returning from service in the Navy during World War II and remained an active member for nearly 20 years, until his assassination in 1963. His inaugural address is one of the most famous in American history.

www.kofc.org...

Here, sing along:

edit on 1/18/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Ooops, sorry
www.akjbible.com...

So JFK in your view was unpatriotic? You have been duped by this falsehood.

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I just posted the same thing, sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

No issue here friend.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and as stated by someone it seems they have a statement that disqualifies them anyway...

so the point is mute

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

how would this be taking away "Freedom to believe" ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Which oath are you suggesting President Kennedy held as higher, his oath to the American people to uphold the Constitution, or his oath to "God and Church", as president?

He sure didn't honor his marriage vows.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That's because in the States the most out spoken and zealous of the pro life community are Catholics and Christians, mind you most are fundamentalists. But, if a Muslim would talk about such matters en mass, I am sure it would end up with the same results.

The strawman argument that Islam and other religions should be 'left alone' purely on the basis that 'leftists' will persecute you for it is because they are a minority, and generally aren't a problem at all, but are generally grouped as a whole because of where they come from and their extremism.

But, come back to me when they start lobbying to reform public education in Texas to fit a creationists agenda, then we can talk, because majority of the meddling between separation of church and state is most violated by Christians and Catholics.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You seem to have stumbled over the bogus oath spread by anti-Catholic hate groups to stop Alfred E. Smith from winning an election for President. That was exposed as fake clear back in the 1920's.

Link.

The Knights of Columbus is organized into four degrees of membership, the fourth being the highest. In the early 1900’s a document was circulated alleging to be the order’s fourth degree oath, in which members promised to wage endless war on Protestants. Known as the “Bogus Oath,” it was frequently cited by anti-Catholic lecturers and authors through the 1920’s, particularly when Alfred E. Smith ran as the nation’s first Catholic presidential candidate. Here is the entire document as reproduced from a book titled The 4th Degree Oath of the Knights of Columbus:

Religious bigotry is like all forms of bigotry including racism. Sadly some buy into it. It's sad that a hoax that old is still being used.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

That's because in the States the most out spoken and zealous of the pro life community are Catholics and Christians, mind you most are fundamentalists. But, if a Muslim would talk about such matters en mass, I am sure it would end up with the same results.

The strawman argument that Islam and other religions should be 'left alone' purely on the basis that 'leftists' will persecute you for it is because they are a minority, and generally aren't a problem at all, but are generally grouped as a whole because of where they come from and their extremism.

But, come back to me when they start lobbying to reform public education in Texas to fit a creationists agenda, then we can talk, because majority of the meddling between separation of church and state is most violated by Christians and Catholics.

Come back to me when I support teaching ANY form of religion in our school systems! Speaking of strawman...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why should religion be an issue of any kind in government?

There should be no religion in government.

So, why should I have simpathy for someone in government getting their religious feelings hurt?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join