It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Highway Patrol Will Ticket You For Driving In Left Lane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Those individuals are prick. They should be pulled over when observed.

Still

Don't make bull# into laws because of a few assholes... Make an example of the assholes.

People being cool with # like this is why SJW culture is rampant everywhere. Everyone wants a law because some asshole is bothering us : /
edit on 18-1-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
lots of places have this law outside the USA even more so

going to fast to slow or riding in the left lane falls under reckless driving out hear get that ticket twice and enjoy the bus

these laws have existed for over 50 years in most places ITS HOW YOUR SOPOSE TO DRIVE

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's how you drive in many countries. Many accidents will be prevented. Also a lot better for emergency vehicles.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think Texas has a law on the books concerning this (sigh), but it's not enforced from what I've seen.

The absolute Worst place for this I've been to is Louisiana. Basically, on the interstate, all you can do is cruise along in the left lane, keeping up with traffic until eventually it is slowed down, while passing a sundry assortment of nothing-to-lose-mobiles doing 50 in the right lane.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seems like here in Michigan, the put down a new stretch of freeway,and then come right back and cut like 3-4 foot slots in them and repave it... makes it bumpy a hell. like every 20 feet they cut the slots, for miles...

My little caddy goes fine over it, but my truck is a 2000 4x4 with 327,000 miles on it... broken leaf spring and worn out shocks... I can't stand driving over that crap in it so I run the left lane in those areas. Honestly it makes me feel weird because I am in the left lane not passing anybody, but traffic around here is not real heavy, especially the hours I am driving.

Truck purrs like a kitten at 75mph but I watch any traffic behind me. If somebody starts to get close I get over...

What makes me mad about left lane people is when they decide to pass but are barely going 1 mph faster... I get it, you have your cruise set... but a little push of the button and you can get right past me and another little push of a button can throttle right back.

It is actually the law here in Michigan. Left lane for passing only

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Can all states do this please! Pretty please!

"The left lane is meant for passing only, and if you're caught riding in this lane, you could get a $161 fine and up to three points on your license.

Driving in the left lane leads to traffic congestion and road rage according to Florida Highway Patrol's Lieutenant Greg Bueno. Lt. Bueno said this issue is a growing problem in every county in Florida and is entirely up to the discretion of the trooper whether to pull you over and ticket you."

Maybe once they have this left lane thing figured out they can teach people how to use a roundabout. (and start ticketing the hell out of people)
I don't know where everyone else is, but here in Wisconsin there are roundabouts everywhere and it seems nobody knows how to use them.
It is downright terrifying at times. I've known several people that have had accidents in them. Most people don't even know that you aren't supposed to ride alongside a truck when using a roundabout, I'm sure that always makes the truckers crazy!

Left lane hogs are annoying. The bigger issue is that they aren't paying attention. If you are in the left lane and constantly being passed on the right, you are driving to god damn slow! Move over.

A pet peeve of mine is that where I live, we have some left lane entrance ramps. These always cause back ups for miles because the people merging drive too slow. Hey idiot, you are merging into traffic doing 70mph, you can't merge doing 45! The thing that kills me is the entrance ramp is literally about 1/4 mile long and down hill yet these people can't seem to accelerate to speed to merge safely.

Go back to drivers ed moran. You're supposed to proceed slowly up the on ramp, maybe 25MPH. When you get to the end to merge onto the highway you're supposed to stop, then start pumping the brakes so that car after car is terrified into submission that if they dont nearly stop then you'll pick them to pull out in front of.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My taxes paid for that road, and i'm going to use it
Rush hour here in Detroit all 3 (or 4) freeway lanes are bumper to bumper as it is.
Appears to be a blatant money grab

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
My taxes paid for that road, and i'm going to use it
Rush hour here in Detroit all 3 (or 4) freeway lanes are bumper to bumper as it is.
Appears to be a blatant money grab

No... Your taxes paid for the right lane. My hella taxes I paid on a car that does 200mph paid for the left lane. Move your ass over! No parking on the dancefloor!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
a reply to: Edumakated

in most cases if your driving 70 to 80 the officer should be stopping you for speeding not stopping motorist whom are driving the speed limit. While its seems quite obvious who is hogging the left lane I fear it could become subjective when profiling and quotas become a concern.

I don't know where you live but where I'm at most interstates have a 70 to 75 mph speed limit, so 70 to 80 is just fine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join