It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump May Want To Pull The U.S. Out Of NATO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
What has been Putin's biggest goal for the past 5+ years? Weaken NATO.

Coincidence.

Just don't tell the qs this. They don't believe in coincidence.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLordThis is one more example of Donald Trump's behavior that validates the logic and reasoning behind the counterintelligence investigation opened by the FBI in 2017, in order to determine whether the president of the United States, is actually a Russian asset.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sometimes I find it better to think of things in terms of if I was on the other side. It sheds a little bit more light and makes things at least more predictable.

And wouldn't we all be better off if this was a common practice. I don't know though that this is easy to do, ancestral mental patterns still rule our species and I would think that this practice is a much more modern activity.

A key though may be in the word ''sometimes''. One needn't jump to always concluding that the actions of others might just be benign or honorable as we might hope our own to be but taking the time to practice, when time is available, this skill would help us all.

When I raised my children one of the things that I taught them was the difference between reaction and response. We all react automatically, key word there, ''automatically''. Response however depends upon and nurtures the development of the individual and not just the ''fight or flight'' aspect of our nature. . Taking a moment at least, when the threat allows, to step back from the automatic defense stance can not only diffuse a situation but interestingly enough helps to create ones individuality as opposed to just acting from our herd instincts.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

A key though may be in the word ''sometimes''. One needn't jump to always concluding that the actions of others might just be benign or honorable as we might hope our own to be but taking the time to practice, when time is available, this skill would help us all.

Precisely, I don't use it for the basis of how I will respond, but rather for the basis of understanding.

I think it's important in this context to understand how they view all of this so that we take that into account for our policy regarding NATO.

This is also why I told Xcalibur that their point wasn't invalid, I just wanted to bring more nuance into the discussion so that we could dive deeper.
edit on 18-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It may happen and if it does it will be a big game changer.
When you really look at it what is the purpose of NATO?
I would think its current purpose is to fight and contain Russia.
I dont think that is a legitamite reason to keep the alliance as we promised not to expand NATO and we did just the opposite. Now we have Russia surrounded.
This is all over the news and it may be within the power of the president to withdraw from the NATO alliance.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: FormOfTheLordThis is one more example of Donald Trump's behavior that validates the logic and reasoning behind the counterintelligence investigation opened by the FBI in 2017, in order to determine whether the president of the United States, is actually a Russian asset.

The Russians don't need Donald Trump; they have the Clinton's, China has Feinstein, and Mexico has Pelosi and Schumer. All are highly paid assets. Donald doesn't really need the money so what would he get out of being a Russian asset? A free vacation to a Black Sea resort?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
We should just kick out countries like Germany that don't want to contribute their part. I mean it's not our safety on the line and definitely not our responsibility to protect them if they don't honor the agreement.

Maybe you should. And quit blackmailing Germany for North Stream while you're at it.

Maybe we would if Germany would quit asking for handouts.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Donald doesn't really need the money so what would he get out of being a Russian asset? A free vacation to a Black Sea resort?

Maybe he doesn't get uncovered as a Russian asset? Certain tapes are not released? Certain money laundering schemes are not uncovered....etc...?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

My point exactly

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What handouts? Germany doesn't invest in military. Everybody (but you maybe) knows why. We have given the world two very famous big wars, it's impossible to sell to the public that we should spend more on military.
That just won't happen. So kick us out, it's fine. We team up with Russia from now on, it's okay. At least they remember why Germany isn't allowed to have guns...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally
edit on 14Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:25:34 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20191America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Never mind

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here various news agency's are talking about it proand con.

Tucker had a decent point, which is should we have a nuclear war to protect any of the former Soviet Union like Lithuania ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
What has been Putin's biggest goal for the past 5+ years? Weaken NATO.

Who told you that?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
Maybey it's not what he wants. Maybey this is how he wants to get what he wants.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it doesn't matter. It is a major drain on the US economy. Massive amounts of our tax dollars goes to supporting an organization that is more docile than a mother hen. They solve nothing other than pulling money out of our pockets. They don't pay their share. We likely only do so anyways for influence and to have the bigger gavel.

They can make suggestions that some might consider laws but no one has to follow. Why do we need NATO? If there is a major war, it has nothing to do with NATO. Allies join allies and axis join axis, whoever they may be. Basically it's just one big gang vs other gangs but all bark and no bite.

We should pull out. Maybe Trump wants leverage but maybe he's serious and see's the money being sucked out of our treasury enmasse and understands that it's pointless. I'd like to believe the latter, especially based on the other 'good works' he's been pushing in to place that the "NEWS" doesn't speak about.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Well I have only one question.

What difference would it make?

Except for the thousands of dollars you guys would be saving.

Thousands? lol

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: vinifalou

Well I have only one question.

What difference would it make?

Except for the thousands of dollars you guys would be saving.

Thousands? lol

More like billions or even even trillions.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

It may happen and if it does it will be a big game changer.
When you really look at it what is the purpose of NATO?
I would think its current purpose is to fight and contain Russia.
I dont think that is a legitamite reason to keep the alliance as we promised not to expand NATO and we did just the opposite. Now we have Russia surrounded.
This is all over the news and it may be within the power of the president to withdraw from the NATO alliance.

I like when one guy on CNN says that Trump is vulnerable to manipulation. hahaha Like this guy knows what's easy pickings for Russian operatives.

edit on 18-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
NATO has long since outlived it's usefulness.

Neither the country nor the military alliance it was to counter exist anymore. Now it serves as a tool for Imperial expansion.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

More money for the wall !

Suck that libs.....hahahaha !!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join