It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why sightings of UFOs/Aliens increased after the 1950s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
First, Radar and Jet fighters are introduce around 1950s. Radar detect those Alien crafts which we didn't notice before 1950s cause there is no radar. Perhaps, nuclear weapons make them concern about this world.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If you all can't notice the connection I like to call the "hollywood effect". As movie releases on alien invasion became more popular in the 50's so did UFO sightings. I think it has something to do with the fact people see what they want to beleive and create their own reality based on that premise. You watch classic movies every alien ship is a saucer shaped deal.

Dae

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
If you all can't notice the connection I like to call the "hollywood effect". As movie releases on alien invasion became more popular in the 50's so did UFO sightings. ... You watch classic movies every alien ship is a saucer shaped deal.

Ooo I was always led to believe that many UFO were reported during the wars, simply becauset people looked into the sky more than ever before. I also heard that promises were made to the public to research these UFOs after the war.

Hollywood made many films about aliens with crafts after the wars, in my mind that was to get the image of the "flying saucer" on the screen out of reality and into fantasy. Im sure I read about it in a Fortean mag years ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Putting my twopennyworth into this discussion could I pose a question.
Regarding 'time travel' if we could go back we would most probably go back to great events in our history (Egypt, the Birth of Christ, etc.) which coincidently appears to have already happened as there seems to have been innumerable sightings of 'something' in the sky at various important events in our history especially during the past 2 world wars. After travelling back I would assume that nothing would have changed in our current time and we would return with the information we went back for. Therefore, could this have already happened and the 'UFO's' are from our own future. If so, judging by descriptions we have been given of the 'grey' aliens, perhaps we have evolved into a 'disease free' existence (and consequently don't want to 'take anything back' - therefore no direct contact other than in the contraption that brought them) or maybe we are just curious about our past or need some information beneficial to our existence in the future.
The mind boggles folks but after reading various posts scattered through this site theorising about 'a Hall of Records' under the Sphynx and other 'sites' giving information on our future I will maintain that nobody can accurately forecast our future except someone who has come back from that future.
It's just a theory and I would appreciate comments.
Have a nice day everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
And what about the Radio signals ?

When was the first radio signal broadcasted ?
By calculating the travel speed of the radio signals through space and the firsts radio signal transmission we could have a general idea how far they were from Earth, no ?

Also we should have an idea how long they took to reach Earth (from where they were)

If im not wrong the radio signals starting beign used much before the first atomic bomb.

Again, this is if we take in consideration their massive apparitions near 50's, in reality there have always beign signs they are here much before that period.

[edit on 28/4/06 by Krpano]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join