It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why sightings of UFOs/Aliens increased after the 1950s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In my opinion the reason that UFO/Alien sightings increased after the 1950s or thereabouts is because they were recieving HUGE signals from our world around that time. We sent them inadvertantly however.

If you were an alien viewing our world from "across the gulf of space" and around the 1950s on began seeing massive nuclear explosions which gave off massive amounts of light/radiation would not you also come to investiage this "signal" or see what it was that was going on?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I always made that connection, it seems pretty transparent. I do believe they have been here for much longer though.

I think they knew that we would eventually become a more technological society and they placed advanced sensors either in space or in/on the earth to detect weapons of mass distruction. Once the nukes start going of they show up in the masses. In the meantime they were probably paying attention to other projects/interests of theirs throughout the galaxy.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I always had a theory that they were visiting us to prevent us from destroying ourselves via nuclear weapons and are trying to make some sort of contact with us. Perhaps they know something about our future that we don't. I mean if they have the ability to travel at those speeds I'm sure they have the ability to warp time/space and therefore use some sort of time travel.
M@

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I believe that aliens themeselves became more pevelant in our consious at the time.... with the space race and satalites going up ,, we began to become more aware of the factor of space and the possibilities of what lies "out there"... that coupled with the fact of mass transmissions from TV and radio, and atomic testings. It was a time when they became more interested in us , and we became more aware of them,,,,

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think it has something to do with Roswell. But the whys and whatfores aren't specific since the military has tried to squelch all info concerning that event and everything afterwards.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I always have believed that the Aliens,Haveing detected our progress In Nuclear and space technology they decided we needed to be monitered.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think sightings of UFO's increased for the reason that our civilizations were advancing in our flight technology. I think that most of those sightings after the 1950's are human made aircraft.

Don't you think they have always been here? There were probably lots of times in Earth's history when major explosions were witnessed by aliens with the falling of objects from space (asteroids), etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i wonder. there are so many claims of radiation sickness along with abduction. but then, we are just discovering antimatter now (well actually being able to collect it), i would assume their ships ran on antimatter not radiation.

my point being (besides long and drawn out as always) it would seem 'greys' are immune to radiation and wouldnt really care what we do with nuclear power.

but to support your theory, maybe they dont care if most of us 'kill each other off', but nuclear warfare threatens the planet as a whole and they 'police' us in the sense of drawing the line with the complete anialation of an 'intelligent race'.

and maybe there is something on earth that they need and cannot reproduce?

or the universe could be FULL of life - and this is the ghetto - and all of our visitors are lost/mapping/seeing for themselves.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I must say popano I agree with that. At the time of first testing and use of nuclear weapons, boom foo fighters and lost/crashed aircraft went up in numbers big time.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Many believe that our first detonation of the atomic bomb sent a detectable "ripple" throughout space/time, and that this was the reason for the UFO flap starting in the 40's. Could be sheer coincidence, but I think this explanation is on the money.... Think about it, if your propulsion system was based around manipulating space/time, and something occurred somewhere to create even a minute anomaly in space/time....chances are you'd go check it out...

I'm of the mind that we've been visited sporadically in our ancient past, but that once we started broadcasting radio, then tv, signals, and of course the atomic detonations...that this amounted to a wakeup call of sorts....that we clever little monkeys were now at a different level.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
...... the reason that UFO/Alien sightings increased after the 1950s or thereabouts is because they were recieving HUGE signals from our world around that time. We sent them inadvertently however.

Along with this thought,

Gazrok....and something occurred somewhere to create even a minute anamoly in space/time....chances are you'd go check it out...

leads me to this think balloon: [[...religion->SCIENCE)

these 'monitors/watchers' abilities must overshadow space/time and enter the realm of Quantum Tunneling--> which needs no sensors or transmitters or '2001' type monoliths, to instantly send information throughout the Cosmos ! (->SCIENCE

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not necessarily...

If my entire transportation system had to deal with opening a wormhole through space time....I'd certainly want to know about any space/time "quakes" that could alter the coordinates so to speak....so I'm sure that if this is the case, they'd have some kind of sensors to pick it up...much like we detect tsunamis and earthquakes....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
back then these things were not talked about, like sex. "Leave it to Beaver".. the mother and father slept in seprate beds, but as time went by alot of things became accetable to talk about and show.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i believe MOST of these "stories" and pictures of supposed UFOs are HOAXES...

ever since the first "sighting", those people that were involved, got a lot of fame...

wouldn't you want this???

so you can FAKE a "UFO" or a "story" and get your spot on TV...

but i AM a UFO / alien believer so i say:

as long as there is ONE REAL UFO picture or "story" and millions of HOAXES, this ONE still means something GREAT...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
what was that post about pray tell?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
me or switch???

use the "quote" feature please...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
swithces post. I no longer use quoting because I got two alerts about how I 'quoted too much' and lost 400 points because of it

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
swithces post. I no longer use quoting because I got two alerts about how I 'quoted too much' and lost 400 points because of it

quote its good...

just dont quote a member that quoted someone (so you get 2 quotes inside one bid one)...

and yeah, his post was messed up...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, BIG quotes (several paragraphs) are frowned upon (eat up bandwidth, when a paragraph and link will do).
Just avoid those and you'll be fine....

my point being (besides long and drawn out as always) it would seem 'greys' are immune to radiation and wouldnt really care what we do with nuclear power.

You may not know this, but we ourselves are quite more resistant to radiation than our grandparents.... Call it evolution or adaptation, whatever, our constant exposure to things like microwaves, cell phones, increased power lines, etc. makes us capable of withstanding far more rads than our ancestors... It stands to reason that aliens constantly exposed to it over centuries would likewise be more resistant, and may not even realize the danger to their lab subjects....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

back then these things were not talked about, like sex. "Leave it to Beaver".. the mother and father slept in seprate beds, but as time went by alot of things became accetable to talk about and show.

Well, i have to disagree with sex and the "Leave it to beaver" show. I do recall many episodes where Beaver's mom said "Oh ward, did you have to be so rough on the beav last night?" LOL. So don't tell me they weren't getting a little frisky

top topics

<<   2 >>

join