It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator open carries a pistol on to the floor of the Senate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Okay, I am a complete idiot and noob in this case, but: is that a safe way to carry a gun if you encounter a group of people who might surround you?

Is it possible to just step behind that woman and pull the gun yourself? Is that an easy step?

Shouldn't she leave protection to the professionals - police forces, bodyguards?

- I am not talking about some rights, laws, etc. This is about openly carrying a gun where you might get into a situation where your gun could be used against yourself because you are not a trained professional in self-defence.

She only open carried on the senate floor, she stated she usually conceal carries.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Shouldn't she leave protection to the professionals - police forces, bodyguards?

Ummm...do you not see the ubsurdity...the sheer disconnect...in such a statement...?

Pay a group of other people to carry guns to protect you...because your too afraid or politically correct to carry one yourself...

What a load of twaddle...

Besides...as stated by putnam6...when seconds count...police response is ten...long...minutes away...

Another beside’s that...you Europeans often state that you have no crime problems like we do in the States...so no one needs to be armed over there...well...the crime over here is all your fault...

As Emma Lazarus once said...and is inscribed on the Statue of Liberty...

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses,
The wretched refuse of your teaming shore.”

Aaaaaaand...that’s exactly what you all did...you sent every criminal and gangsta wannabe...every pickpocket and thief that you could round up...stuffed them overflowing on ships and waved...so long suckers...

You see...that inscription isn’t meant as a welcome...or beacon...rather...it’s the starkest of warning...

YouSir
edit on 18-1-2019 by YouSir because: Spelling...

edit on 18-1-2019 by YouSir because: I wanted to

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...do you not see the ubsurdity...the sheer disconnect...in such a statement...?

Pay a group of other people to carry guns to protect you...because your too afraid or politically correct to carry one yourself...

Besides...as stated by putnam6...when seconds count...police response is ten...long...minutes away...

Another beside’s that...you Europeans often state that you have no crime problems like we do in the States...so no one needs to be armed over there...well...the crime over here is all your fault...

Aaaaaaand...that’s exactly what you all did...you sent every criminal and gangsta wannabe...every pickpocket and thief that you could round up...stuffed them overflowing on ships and waved...so long suckers...

You see...that inscription isn’t meant as a welcome...or beacon...rather...it’s the starkest of warning...

YouSir

i wonder what bill murray would say about this. but i'm pretty sure, you wouldn't like it.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: YouSir

Besides...I would think Bill might be able to discern the latter part of the post was humor...

YouSir

i wonder what bill murray would say about this. but i'm pretty sure, you wouldn't like it.

Ummm...I know...you met him once...but that was under your other screen name...

So...how are the boys doing...still impregnating all the white chicks they can get their hands on...?

Doin they job to irradicate whitey...one pregnancy at a time...

YouSir
edit on 18-1-2019 by YouSir because: I felt the urge...and succumbed to it...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Statistics don't lie

Thank you for my laugh of the day.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

This is the mindset I described earlier about Americans carrying guns. Why should one be trusted to carry a gun when they refuse to understand simple math and subjective reasoning. Guns are not toys to be played with and argued over there prescence and use have real consequences that could hurt you or the ones you love. I know your going to let your machoism show and how your a bad man, but in the end you are just as vulnerable as the next guy.

These facts are the very reason guns should not be regulated by government but by the masses in way of common sense which so many lacks when they let such a tool go to their heads.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Proud of her. I bet she knows exactly how to handle herself should the need arise. Nobody should be touched in a threatening manner, and as crazy fanantical as some people have become, she is probably wise to do this.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I wouldn't count on the police, they don't prevent much..just clean up after it's over. As for bodyguards, might not be a realistic solution, logistically or financially.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

I was a certified armed security guard for over twenty years. I also got an "A" is Statistical Process Control when I went to school for engineering.
Thanks again for the laugh.
edit on 18-1-2019 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

I'm going to say you don't know what your talking about. She has the pistol just where it needs to be assuming she is right handed. She chose a snubnose revolver good choice if you need to respond quickly. She doesn't have to chamber a round all she has to do is pull the trigger. Being a 38 she won't break her wrist and it gives her multiple options to fire with one hand if that becomes necessary.

So assuming ok ng she has had training and actually been to a range seems like a smart choice for self defense.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The big problem with open carry is is gives the bad guys an advantage because they can see if a person is armed. The person with the pistol in an exposed holster is the first person that gets shot.

Concealed carry tips the advantage to the person with the concealed weapon when the # hits the fan.

However, in this specific case, the woman was open-carrying to make her point. It was a photo op.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That pistol has a nice butt on it.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Has anybody given any thought that she may have to open carry because of the building's rules. I can open carry in both the City and County buildings, but canceled carry is prohibited.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
That pistol has a nice butt on it.

Notice that it's hammer-less too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join