It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU's Tusk suggests the UK should cancel Brexit after historic defeat for Theresa May

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Im guessing we will have more of this type of thing
from UK companies

Brexit Backer Dyson to move HQ to Singapore

From a business stand point its a good move , but not exactly reassuring the for the UK employees !

edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

perfect timing to reduce labour and taxation costs. I expect more to follow.

2nd line
f

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

perfect timing to reduce labour and taxation costs. I expect more to follow.

2nd line
f

“The move is nothing to do with Brexit or tax, it’s about making sure we are future proofed. There are huge revenue opportunities in Singapore, China is the poster child of that,” he said.

hahahah Aye is that right Dyson!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

From a business stand point its a good move , but not exactly reassuring the for the UK employees !

Not one of his employees in this country is set to lose their jobs.....

If it takes the EU seven to ten years just to make a deal. businessman

James Dyson would have had his plans for expansion for his business in the

region of say five years?

He is a self made billionaire and pays taxes in this country unlike some, If

Theresa May was not so pig headed, she could have done worse than to ask

for his business expertise with a team of business people, and not wasted the

two years from 2016.

James Dyson, Fast Company magazine (May 2007), in an interview, asserted the importance of failure in ones life, "I made 5,127 prototypes of my vacuum before I got it right. There were 5,126 failures. But I learned from each one. That's how I came up with a solution. So I don't mind failure. I’ve always thought that schoolchildren should be marked by the number of failures they’ve had. The child who tries strange things and experiences lots of failures to get there is probably more creative."

In April 2016, Dyson launched the Dyson Supersonic, a hair dryer with a smaller motor located in the handle so as to provide better balance and smaller size, as well as quieter operation. Commenting on the launch, Vogue magazine said "as the first product to launch from Dyson's new UK state-of-the-art hair laboratory, we have high hopes for the future of our blow-dries."

In 2017 Dyson spent £7m a week on research and development of new products. The company is the UK's biggest investor in robotics and artificial intelligence research, employing over 3,500 engineers and scientists, and engaging in more than 40 university research programmes.

In November 2014, Dyson announced plans to invest a further £1.5bn into the research and development of new technology, including funding for an expanded campus at the Dyson UK headquarters in Malmesbury which will create up to 3,000 jobs

On 1 March 2016 James Dyson announced a second new multimillion-pound research and development centre on a 517-acre former Ministry of Defence (MoD) site at Hullavington, Wiltshire. The technology and electronics company said it aimed to double its UK based workforce in the next five or six years.

Do give credit where credits due ..... envy is such an unattractive trait!!

edit on 23-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Aye he is well within his rights to do so and its good business sense to follow the market and the money right!
as well as keeping the businesses open over here. Moving the HQ though , does mean that the UK loses that tax , and if he is doing it then maybe he saw this all coming and decided to get out while the getting is good!
If he is doing it then he probably isnt the only one !

in contrast, are there any businesses that have said, OH look Britian could become a financial powerhouse post brexit, lets move our business to London ?

are there any new banks or big business opening HQ's down south ?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Great stuff from Nick Ferrari on QT last night:

Basically said that when he got divorced he went to a lawyer and did not expect them to come back two and a half years later and tell him that actually it would be a better idea for him to move back in with his bloody ex. How true.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yes
And did you also note what the conservative MP said about Airbus being

asked by the government to make that scaremonger broadcast?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes - I did.

I also remember Osbourne telling us that if we voted Brexit there would have to be an immediate Emergency Budget. The loathsome little toad.

Dianne Abbott was not on QT last night so my TV is still in one piece.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join