It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU's Tusk suggests the UK should cancel Brexit after historic defeat for Theresa May

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
EU's Tusk suggests the UK should cancel Brexit after historic defeat for Theresa May

His message suggests that the only available outcome to overcome the impasse in the House of Commons is to stop Brexit.
European Council President Donald Tusk suggested that U.K. lawmakers revoke the country's decision to leave the EU, saying it's the only positive solution left on the table.

His comments came after a historic defeat for U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May, who saw her deal to leave the EU rejected by a margin of 230 parliamentarians.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is rather ironic if anything the EU's President suggested that Britain should completely ignore the historic brexit referendum by impasse in the House of Commons is to stop Brexit it.
To ignore the wishes of the voters that wanted a full Brexit agaisnt the EU.

EU hates democracy

This goes to show you folks that the EU hates democracy when you try to go agaisnt the EU elitists. But they will love ya if you join them and their ever growing, expanding empire.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

I remember many who voted for brexit regretted it the next day, regrexit was it? Anywho perhaps they should have a revote on whether to brexit or brexin.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You know what else does it show which is pretty sad? It also shows that the EU actually worked this out in the past two years, unlike the UK gov that did absolutely nothing in that said past two years. May's plan was the best they could come up with, after rushing it in the last 3 months. For two years they were sitting on it scratching their @sses.

now the bully EU is laughing they will get what they wanted all along. Unbelievable...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I know far more who are more entrenched than ever in their opposition to the EU.

And the disregard and contempt shown by the Eurocrats for the British people and their vote has turned many a Remainer against the EU.

I have never known there to be so much hostility and disgust felt against our politicians and the inadequate system they represent.....that hostility and disgust is magnified 10 fold when directed at the unelected, bullying, undemocratic Commissars that run and control the EU.
Their total disregard for the democratic wishes of the British people shows perfectly how little regard they have for democracy.

Let's just get the hell out of it and get on with the business of dealing with the fall out and rebuilding.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That was the plan all along either a remainers brexit or no brexit at all..

An please ignore the propaganda of "no deal".. there are two deals. Mays deal or WTO deal. . No such thing as a no deal.

WTO all the way πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Why does those who oppose brexit want to stay with the EU just why? the EU will eventually force Britain to accpet the Euro dollar. British people will have no self Independence.
Is that what they want?

The more i am seeing the more EU is becoming an empire. Just to prop up some links for discussion.
The EU Is Looking Like Europe’s Next Failed Empire

edit on 18-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I remember many who voted for brexit regretted it the next day, regrexit was it? Anywho perhaps they should have a revote on whether to brexit or brexin.

The only reason that there are calls for another referendum is that the last one didn't achieve the expected result. A no deal Brexit was always expected as a possible outcome so why have contingency plans not been set in place long before now? That would have maybe given our representatives more leverage and a chance at playing hardball during exit negotiations.
All the doom and gloom scenarios being touted are nothing more than fear mongering. The sky isn't going to fall on our heads and most Brexiteers with an ounce of common sense will have realised that there would be pain in the short term but hopeful regards our long term future. The peoples of Europe drowning in a sea of uncontrolled immigration and imposed austerity from unelected bureaucrats are essentially being held prisoner.
What is the point of having a referendum if the result is going to be ignored?

edit on 18-1-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
That was the plan all along either a remainers brexit or no brexit at all..

An please ignore the propaganda of "no deal".. there are two deals. Mays deal or WTO deal. . No such thing as a no deal.

WTO all the way πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

and there lies the problem. propaganda.

wto default terms seems the best basis for a fresh start, decoupling from all the bindings so as not to hinder fresh trade deals build on the wto platform.

all leaders stated prior to the 1st and hopefully only referendum that the result would be binding. the problem for them is that they thought we would remain.

tusk, blair, cable in fact all resistance to leave should just take their fat pensions and crawl for rocks.
f

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Let's have another vote, and then another vote on that vote. When some people disagree with the third vote we'll have another one.

Re-voting is NOT an argument. It's a denial of people's opinion and democratic rights. I voted to LEAVE Europe. Now I want the EU to completely disappear. All the people I talk to, and I speak to an awful lot of people, now HATE the EU completely. You shouldn't condescend to people like this.... This is a complete mess. The irony is that it's the remainers causing this debacle with their denial and fear. They simply can't accept that a country can, and should have it's own history, traditions and laws.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Okay, but there is simply no problem:

IF the people want to leave the EU, there is no risk in having a second voting.
But this time, it should be made "legally binding", not as the first version where it was legally not-binding.

That way you could have a firm base on peoples votes, peoples choices.

Because everyone saw the lies uncloaking after the last one. And it seems to me that many, many people regret their vote. But that is a thing which could be determined with a Second Voting.

Unless you are afraid of the results. And chose to ignore the lies leading to the first vote.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

You know what else does it show which is pretty sad? It also shows that the EU actually worked this out in the past two years, unlike the UK gov that did absolutely nothing in that said past two years. May's plan was the best they could come up with, after rushing it in the last 3 months. For two years they were sitting on it scratching their @sses.

Although that is true .......

It also shows the EU's need for us to stay in the EU is greater than our need to leave!

Not enough has been made of the dent that will be made on the EU when the

UK finally LEAVE.

now the bully EU is laughing they will get what they wanted all along. Unbelievable...

DONT BANK ON IT ....... Its not over till its over

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

except there is no need for a second vote, they should just respect and represent the people's will. How is that for democracy?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

But this time, it should be made "legally binding", not as the first version where it was legally not-binding.

Because everyone saw the lies uncloaking after the last one But that is a thing which could be determined with a Second Voting.

Unless you are afraid of the results. And chose to ignore the lies leading to the first vote.

Typical europhile reply keep voting till you get the answer the politicians want!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

You mean like you're ignoring the result of the first vote? You seem to be suffering from the same delusion that most remainers have, you're incapable of seeing the people who voted as intelligent, capable minded people. That's your flaw, stop projecting.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't recall what the margin for Brexit was. I know the vote was in favor of it, but why would Parliament be so resoundingly against it?

Seems to me, voting against majority wishes of your constituency isn't good for retaining your seat... but, then again, that's a constant refrain here in the States, too.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There were lies told on both sides of the argument but fear was used by only one , whether the referendum was legally binding or not the pledge was given before the vote that the voice of the people would be heard and acted upon.

A second referendum in response to what the EU believe to be the wrong answer is a typical reaction of the EU as is the call from Tusk for us to revoke Article 50.

The EU obviously has a problem with the democratic will of the people.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Because everyone saw the lies uncloaking after the last one. And it seems to me that many, many people regret their vote. But that is a thing which could be determined with a Second Voting.

The risk is that the vote is fixed.
We know for sure that remainers in positions of power and the EU do not accept democracy.

Besides that, a 2nd vote makes a mockery of democracy. What is the point in voting if we all have to vote again if the outcome is ignored if the media and some MP's don't like it? I don't want voting to be redone until those who have the loudest voices (media) get their way. That's a sure fire way to buy countries and that is exactly what is going on now. You must surely realise how utterly disgusting it is for these shills to be calling a 2nd referendum 'The People's Vote"?... Its used over and over again by Remainers, money is flowing from Europe to fund campaigns for it, and the media says it 100's of times a day. It's utterly disgraceful.

edit on 18/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Only if you believe statute is the highest form of law. It isn't.

Unless you are afraid of the results.

An attempt at intimidation.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

You know what else does it show which is pretty sad? It also shows that the EU actually worked this out in the past two years, unlike the UK gov that did absolutely nothing in that said past two years.

I hear you, what I hear is 'we are going to brexit...nnnnnnnnnow! no wait *looks at watch* now! *looks at watch again*no-now!"

I'm not too familiar with brexit but Theresa May is starting to sound like Gil the salesman from the simpsons "aw c'mon you've gotta help old Gil' she's done a lot of defeatist pleading all the way through this-whatever this mess is.

There has been far too much procrastinating, it's time to $h!t or get off the pot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join