It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the wall an emergency?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Someone please explain why?
I'm not necessarily saying it isn't important, but so are hundreds if not thousands of other pressing issues facing Americans.

Our national debt, education, infrastructure, homelessness, human trafficking, drug issues, racial issues, crime, the environment/ clean water in not just Flint, but many other American cities.
I could go on for days. Some of these issues are just as dire as "dangerous" people crossing the border. Why not build a wall around Chicago?

Anyone that thinks a wall will solve either the drug issues or human trafficking is just plain silly. Sure I get it will stop some, but I guarantee,
absolutely guarantee we could build a wall to the sun and we will still have drug and human trafficking issues in America.

Some on ATS have said who cares about government workers, they haven't felt anything different in their lives since the shutdown.
What if I say who cares about migrants crossing the border, it has not affected my life in any manner?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Because the wall isn't meant to keep people out. It's meant to keep them in.

Only logical reason I can think of.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Everyone can say, "Who cares about _____________! It doesn't affect me, or my family."

I don't get what you're asking. Millions of people could fill that __________ with any one of thousands of words.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I'm not necessarily saying it isn't important, but so are hundreds if not thousands of other pressing issues facing Americans.

Our national debt, education, infrastructure, homelessness, human trafficking, drug issues, racial issues, crime, the environment/ clean water in not just Flint, but many other American cities.
I could go on for days. Some of these issues are just as dire as "dangerous" people crossing the border. Why not build a wall around Chicago?

Anyone that thinks a wall will solve either the drug issues or human trafficking is just plain silly. Sure I get it will stop some, but I guarantee,
absolutely guarantee we could build a wall to the sun and we will still have drug and human trafficking issues in America.

Some on ATS have said who cares about government workers, they haven't felt anything different in their lives since the shutdown.
What if I say who cares about migrants crossing the border, it has not affected my life in any manner?

Everything you mention is an "emergency," and nothing you mention is an "emergency."
It's a question of priorities.
This administration has decided to focus on the fence/wall/barrier.

If we would enforce laws on the books, there would be no issue. But folks ignore laws for many different reasons.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Because the crime rates and the high cost of illegal immigrants. Easy math.
edit on 18-1-2019 by Illumimasontruth because: Spelinngg

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Because the wall isn't meant to keep people out. It's meant to keep them in.

Only logical reason I can think of.

Fair point, also it makes a great distraction from things that really matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I agree

and I cringe whenever the opioid crisis is brought up with the claim that 90% of the heroin sold in the U.S. comes from Mexico.

Afghanistan is the world's largest producer of heroin, by far. Pulling out of that war would do more to stop the heroin from flowing in than a wall could ever achieve.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Because it helps with nearly every one of those points you mentioned. It helps with national debt by way of an inherent increase in wages for your average worker when the number of illegal immigrants is reduced, driving up demand for employees. It helps with education by reducing the number of children we need to educate, meaning that that budget does not need to be expanded and stretched every year. It reduces crime for the same reason it reduces educational spending, yes, even if you believe illegal immigrants don't commit crime at a higher rate. It helps the environment by reducing the amount of undocumented workers, allowing environmental laws that already exist to be better enforced. The clean water issue is a local municipal problem, which has been caused by low wages and low tax base due to an over abundance of labor.

It isn't about completely stopping anything, it is about increasing efficiency of what we are already doing to combat the problems associated with illegal immigration and trafficking. Examples of such a re in locals that have reported extraordinarily low crime rates on our border. Those are all in communities that already have a barrier. It isn't silly what so ever.

Yes illegal immigrants have effected you directly, more so than the government shutdown has, It has just been a slow insidious poison the has pulled down our fellow countrymen's well being and way of life since the 70s through lower wages, less money spent on infrastructure, more crime, more corruption etc etc. The fact that you don't realize it is affecting your every day life because it has been effecting your life since you were likely able to look at these issues should be more than enough reason to do something about it.

As the saying goes, a frog boiled slowly doesn't notice.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Why don't you leave your doors and windows open at your home for a week. While you are out and inside the property. You will see Why its an emergency when you get people entering your property to do whatever they want to it.

America is your home and the boarder are the walls to your house. You wouldn't let strangers into your house so why let them into your country unless its done legally ?

Plus if trump don't do it. No one will.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Because the crime rates and the high cost of illegal immigrants. Easy math.

The crime rates are higher in the 'legal' population and the overall financial advantages of illegal immigrants is positive. You really need to look at the statistics.

No math required.

edit on 18/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

Why don't you leave your doors and windows open at your home for a week. While you are out and inside the property. You will see Why its an emergency when you get people entering your property to do whatever they want to it.

How many of those who trespass would be illegal immigrants? How many would be native born?

America is your home and the boarder are the walls to your house. You wouldn't let strangers into your house so why let them into your country unless its done legally ?

Plus if trump don't do it. No one will.

But everyone, including previous Presidents want better security and control over immigration.

Everyone knows that walls aren't enough, you have to build a moat, too.

'Build that moat. Build that moat'!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
Because it helps with nearly every one of those points you mentioned. It helps with national debt by way of an inherent increase in wages for your average worker when the number of illegal immigrants is reduced, driving up demand for employees. It helps with education by reducing the number of children we need to educate, meaning that that budget does not need to be expanded and stretched every year. It reduces crime for the same reason it reduces educational spending, yes, even if you believe illegal immigrants don't commit crime at a higher rate. It helps the environment by reducing the amount of undocumented workers, allowing environmental laws that already exist to be better enforced. The clean water issue is a local municipal problem, which has been caused by low wages and low tax base due to an over abundance of labor.

So, what you are saying is that if there were no people in the US, then you wouldn't have to spend some money on support services for a population.

The final solution is at hand!

It isn't about completely stopping anything, it is about increasing efficiency of what we are already doing to combat the problems associated with illegal immigration and trafficking. Examples of such a re in locals that have reported extraordinarily low crime rates on our border. Those are all in communities that already have a barrier. It isn't silly what so ever.

No, there is a far lower crime rate in areas without a barrier. Apparently un-survivable desert has a very low crime rate. Who'd have imagined that!

Yes illegal immigrants have effected you directly, more so than the government shutdown has, It has just been a slow insidious poison the has pulled down our fellow countrymen's well being and way of life since the 70s through lower wages, less money spent on infrastructure, more crime, more corruption etc etc. The fact that you don't realize it is affecting your every day life because it has been effecting your life since you were likely able to look at these issues should be more than enough reason to do something about it.

As the saying goes, a frog boiled slowly doesn't notice.

Are you suggesting that Americans have the attention span and intellectual grasp of a frog?

That's only likely for a very small segment of the populace.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

of course
- because if i had to flee the USA - i would always choose mexico over canada

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The point is you get good and bad people in every bunch. Some will close the door for you coz they see it open. Some will steal from you. Humans are humans.

And immigrants are fine. It's Illegal immigrants thats the problem for any country. The wall stops illegals. Unless people are happy with illegal undocumented people in their country.

There will be no 100% for anything in life when it comes to smuggling. But they can make sure make it is much harder for them to do so.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thats a good question.......you tell me why Pelosi and the others are balking and stalling for 5 billion dollars, which ammonts to .77 cents on the dollar for a wall?

Especially when we spend 155 billion on illlgals THAT WE KNOW OF.....

When if the wall only stopped 20% a year it would save us tens of billions.....weird......

Would more than pay for the wall and put money back in our pockets.......

But no.....its not about all the virtue signaling.....its not about anything else other than just opposing TRUMP......

The dems spend quadruple that a year on bs .......

Please save us the virtue signaling......

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: chr0naut

The point is you get good and bad people in every bunch. Some will close the door for you coz they see it open. Some will steal from you. Humans are humans.

And immigrants are fine. It's Illegal immigrants thats the problem for any country. The wall stops illegals. Unless people are happy with illegal undocumented people in their country.

There will be no 100% for anything in life when it comes to smuggling. But they can make sure make it is much harder for them to do so.

It seems that the problem is that the US is really bad at knowing who pulls their weight and contributes properly to the country.

For example, if you don't pay your taxes, they should withhold services from you.

... which probably means that the limo driver shouldn't allow the President to get in, then.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

of course
- because if i had to flee the USA - i would always choose mexico over canada

So, you're an illegal, because you stated an intent to cross a border and didn't explicitly state that you would follow all legal procedures relating to immigration, meticulously (you know, in the same way that Trump has called people who intend to enter the US 'illegals' even before they have become so).

Would you be applying for asylum, as well?

No vun escapes stalag luft US!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Nearly 1,000 caravan migrants start process of entering Mexico from Guatemala

I know. Hardly sounds like news anymore. There are so many of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

What, in a country of only 320 million people! You'll be overrun and murdered in your beds!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: toms54

What, in a country of only 320 million people! You'll be overrun and murdered in your beds!

You were just on here the other day saying the US economy is hurting. So based on that shouldn’t we build the wall and save over a $100 billion/year? You people on the left contradict yourselves nonstop.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join