It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD finally confirms AATIP program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
SECRECY NEWS
From the FAS Project on Government Secrecy
Volume 2019, Issue No. 3
January 17, 2019
Secrecy News Blog: fas.org...

MORE LIGHT ON BLACK PROGRAM TO TRACK UFOS

The Defense Intelligence Agency disclosed this week that it had funded research on warp drive, invisibility cloaking, and other areas of fringe or speculative science and engineering as part of a now-defunct program to track and identify threats from space.

From 2007 to 2012, the DIA spent $22 million on the activity, formally known as the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. It was apparently initiated at the behest of then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, with most of the funding directed to a Nevada constituent of his. See "Glowing Auras and 'Black Money': The Pentagon's Mysterious U.F.O. Program" by Helene Cooper, Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie Kean, New York Times, December 16, 2017.

Yesterday, the DIA released a list of 38 research titles funded by the program, many of which are highly conjectural and well beyond the boundaries of current science, engineering — or military intelligence. One such title, "Traversable Wormholes, Stargates, and Negative Energy," was prepared by Dr. Eric Davis, who has also written on "psychic teleportation."

(Dr. Davis responded vigorously to skepticism of his work in a 2006 comment to this Secrecy News post .)

The DIA list of research papers, marked for Official Use Only, was previously provided to Congress in January 2018. It was publicly released yesterday under the Freedom of Information Act.

Although many FOIA offices are closed due to the continuing shutdown of the federal government, the DIA FOIA office and at least some others in the Department of Defense are still operational.

A DIA FOIA officer noted with some exasperation that yesterday's release of the list of research papers will, in all likelihood, prompt new FOIA requests to his Agency for each of the listed papers.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
A DIA FOIA officer noted with some exasperation that yesterday's release of the list of research papers will, in all likelihood, prompt new FOIA requests to his Agency for each of the listed papers.

If that's not asking for it I don't know what is. FOIA away folk.

All that sounds like an exciting use of taxpayer money. "New Age" Reid sure knew how to take care of his woo buddies.

Thank you, Jim.

edit on 17-1-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here's the comment reply on the article from your link by Col. John B. Alexander:

The very conventional comments regarding the UFO program that DIA funded are not surprising but do indicate a complete lack of understanding of the scientific issues related to it. Yes, the studies do push the boundaries of science, but the evidence supporting the topic is simply overwhelming. I ran an earlier study which I finally revealed in my book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realities. Basically, nearly every sensor system we have has recorded events that cannot be explained. The case mentioned by Leslie in the NYT article is a great example. Multiple radar systems, followed by visual sighting by pilots confirmed the existence of multiple craft conducting maneuvers that you would consider impossible (and certainly not survivable by humans due to excessive G-forces). Further that was not a singular event but continued for a couple of weeks. Such events continue to happen and there are efforts underway to get more of the information into the public domain. The Pentagon is resisting.

I find it interesting that he mentions the book where he told us there were no such programs as he himself had looked high and low. I still feel ripped off for purchasing it.
edit on 17-1-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I've always had a bad feeling about that guy. I've never been inclined to believe anything he says.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I find it interesting that he mentions the book where he told us there were no such programs as he himself had looked high and low. I still feel ripped off for purchasing it.

Was that true when he wrote the book?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
John Alexander's UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities was published in Feb. 2011, so was written towards the end of AATIP. Alexander was a big part of Robert Bigelow's NIDS, and many former players were part of the contract. For him to claim to be unaware of it does not pass the smell test.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
and no mention of UFOs
hmmmmm.....
and why is a program about researching new aerospace technologies not a SAP?
double hmmmmmm......

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
ahhh colonel alexander

what an interesting man

chasing from shamans to witch doctors searching for that other reality we westerners have rejected as most easterners like to say.

He is one peculiar person whom i cant make heads or tails.Saying no but on the other hand yes and then no again.Im on the fence with him

/end offtopic

Nice post Jim,Im interested to see what foias will this unearth and what new and interesting stuff will be uncovered

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown
John Alexander's UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities was published in Feb. 2011, so was written towards the end of AATIP. Alexander was a big part of Robert Bigelow's NIDS, and many former players were part of the contract. For him to claim to be unaware of it does not pass the smell test.

So there we go---John B. Alexander lied and profited from his book and then has the nerve--or senility--to reference that same hoaxed document in defense of, basically, To The Stars Academy where the fleecing continues. If Alexander writes any more books, buyer beware.

You really should address your apparent dichotomy between truth and fiction, Col. Alexander. I'll wait...

To the poster who stated that Alexander was an interesting person, I would agree with some caveats.

Lesser known fact about Alexander is that he has been a substantial part of the militarization of civilian police forces and he thinks "conspiracy theorists" are nuts that are a danger to society as he perceives it. Which I find ironic considering his own very, very out there beliefs. Yeah...interesting guy.

ETA: I guess Alexander could argue that AATIP had nothing to do with UFOs and that would seemingly be accurate. On the other hand Team Bigelow and To The Stars assert that it was and ask for public funding under that guise. What a mess. What a bunch to stay away from.
edit on 18-1-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown

Yes. And there was a video of him on YouTube in the past year discussing UFO's and research, etc.

In the comments, I pointed out that he was directly contradicting himself and cited his book. I was immediately shouted down by many of his supporters. I even pointed out to these supporters that he has been involved with the intelligence community for decades, so his word couldn't be trusted anyway, and then again cited his contradictions between the comments in the video and his book (the 2011 UFO book). His rabid followers told me what for. Good luck to them.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

They can get very rabid!
Very questionable is Alexander...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Good to see the left hand finally caught up with the right one

Looks like someone may have jumped the gun releasing the videos/information. Does this substantiate the claims by Bigelow aerospace that "meta materials" are stored under their Las Vegas facility? Would explain the alien graphic on the side of their offices

I know the videos are pretty phenomenal, especially when trained aviators fail to recognize the aircraft they are tracking with their multi-million dollar radar systems

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Not only that Eric Davis ( above - a scientist at former $cientologist Hal Puthoff's EarthTech company) stated on June 24th 2018 on C2C AM with the favourite host of "To the Stars" people, George Knapp that;

...John Alexander gave him [Davis] his first job at NIDS when he [Alexander] was working for Bigelow....

A UFO crash retrieval program was shuttered in 1989 but it's currently in hibernation, meaning everything is still out there, it's just a matter of getting it reopened. In order to do that, we need to convince the decision makers that it would be worth reopening, if we can show that our current science has caught up sufficiently to yield results.

The US military has a number of crash retrievals and they've been analyzed, but our understanding of physics, etc., wasn't advanced enough to make sense of the technology. The responsible agency therefore pulled the plug.

Something about Atlantis.......

Text Summary of Interview

Now a snippet of the show is here although it's only the first 40 mins or so.

Some things need pointing out. These people may well be highly qualified in various disciplines. But they are all in something together and they cannot be trusted. It's like they are all given scripts from the writers of Ancient Aliens. No matter how bad they might be they stick to it.

Alexander maintained for years that the US Government had no interest in researching UFOs. But here's his sidekick at NIDS brazenly telling us that there were crash retrieval programs and studies going on at the time Alexander was writing books and going on radio shows. Davis knew but his boss obviously didn't. Or was one of them lying. Perhaps both of them?

Even AMAs on ATS. Where the good Colonel said;

My book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities, is based on an ad hoc group I formed decades ago to study the topic. Participants came from all services, several intelligence agencies, and aerospace industries. All members had very high security clearances. Contrary to popular mythology we found no ultra-secret organization lurking in the background.

See : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which begs the question who was running these crash retrievals of UFOs?

Puthoff is Chairman of EarthTech and employs Eric Davis in a lesser role. Puthoff sits on the board of TTSA. Yet here's a snippet from the one things TTSA can't hide. Its financial paperwork. Puthoff is moving cash from TTSA to his own company. This is serious conflict of interest.

* In August 2018, the company announced its flagship research program: the A.D.A.M. Research Project....The company engaged ETI [EarthTech International] to prepare a plan and advise on the collection and scientific evaluation of materials samples the company obtained through reliable reports of advanced aerospace vehicles of unknown origin (the SOW-MSSA).

* ETI is a pioneering research organization in Austin, Texas, at the forefront of next generation science and technology. ETI’s founder and president is company Director Harold E. Puthoff. On August 16, 2018, the company entered into SOW-MSSA with ETI for the analysis and experiments for the Materials Analysis – Set A. Under the SOW-MSSA, ETI will be responsible for planning, execution analysis, and experimentation to establish the properties of specific materials.

Source : TTSA Filings

One contract with EarthTech was worth $35,000 and awarded for study of various meta-materials allegedly picked up after they fell of the back of a UFO. They also seem to have written

Why when it comes to the UFO subject are these same people still involved?

edit on 18/1/2019 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It was apparently initiated at the behest of then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, with most of the funding directed to a Nevada constituent of his.

Standard government operation. Get my supporter 20 million. Nice deal.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Lots of great and pertinent research there, Sir.

For anyone interested in this subject, I don't know of any better or consolidated info on this cast of characters than mirageman's epic and highly-informative thread on the subjects being discussed here. Highly-entertaining as well:

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Very first paper listed, Inertial Electrostatic Confinement Fusion by Dr. George Miley, is interesting. Probably the best and well known example of this type of nuclear fusion device is the Farnsworth Fusor. (That kid who built a "fusion reactor" built one of these types of reactors). Dr. Miley is professor Emeritus from Univ. of Illinois. If you need to talk to anybody about fusion as an introduction to the subject (albeit high math) this is the dude to talk to.

Anyway, the electrostatic cage to hold fusion reactions was found to be too leaky to reach anywhere close to break even. Nearly everybody turned their attention to tokamaks and magnetic confinement fusion (which is still being researched around the globe. Most well known fusion reactor is ITER which is still being built). Although there is group of "garage scientists" who are building FF for their own curiosity!

But looking further down the list you see Aneutronic Fusion Propulsion I by Lockheed!! Instead of the above methods, you engineer a device that runs at a higher temperature (usually using lasers) and fuses a proton with Boron-6 atom, it releases electricity and 3 helium nuclei. This by-passes the need for bulky shielding and nuclear embrittlement of the reactor walls over time, which when looking at what the papers all are concerned about, is very important for space travel!

When all the papers are viewed as a whole, it looks like an electricity source is being sought, hopefully one that does not irradiate the crew and ship, to not only propel the ship but use excess electricity for other uses like invisibility, quantum entanglement communication, negative mass, and laser weapons.

Which we all know we need when we fly through a stargate!!

Makes you wonder what the other 2 pages held?

FYI: Fusor.net (Homepage)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

They're still playing the game aren't they.....

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I posted about this here a year ago when the Nimitz story broke. AATIP was a DoD program focused on new/emerging adversary air threats. If you want to call them UFOs, that certainly applies until they're identified, whereupon they become IFOs.

The association of "UFO" to Martians in Flying Discs is the leap of logic that spins everyone up. AATIP's mission was to speculate on currently unknown adversary air capabilities--based on probable/possible new technologies--and develop ways to detect, track, identify, and classify the new airborne threats.

Before he retired, Lou Elizondo found a briefing that was created as a joke years earlier, which contained 'data' on extraterrestrial technology. It was not based on facts. Lou appears to be the only person that got fooled by it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Puthoff is Chairman of EarthTech and employs Eric Davis in a lesser role. Puthoff sits on the board of TTSA. [...] Why when it comes to the UFO subject are these same people still involved?

Noetics, TTSA, EarthTech, SRI, NIDS and a host of UFO research groups that pop in, and out, of existence over the past 40+ years. Same names. Some might be under observation by gatekeepers on the basis of, 'So crazy, they might just discover something serious!' That could account for certain faces who've been in the thick of it for what seems like forever. Others watched on the basis they could be vulnerable to disclosing information to foreign agents.

It's one thing that's usually overlooked. We focus on how these guys are all associated with each other and forget how associated some key figures are with military and intelligence branches.

Why when it comes to the UFO subject are these same people still involved?

It's like the Mad Hatter's tea party and deeper purposes are, perhaps, obscured by the apparent madness. It'd be mighty interesting to see a flow chart of all the names and companies they've represented down the years. A lot of which (imo) is a house of cards built to project credibility although to what specific end/s is ripe for speculation.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Please note that I have nothing to do with the site that pulled this together and do not necessarily endorse any of what it claims..However they made an attempt at addressing certain personalities and their links. There is a bit of overlap with this discussion.

©ISGP Studies

A lot of these people are getting up there in age now. Some have already passed away. The question is? Is there a "Next Generation". Maybe this is why they are trying to 'educate' young people in the ways of the Force?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join