It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels Davos trip for World Economic Forum due to gov't shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Trump did the right thing.
The House's speaker is doing such a horrible job.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: j4ckd4r1pp3r

Can you post your sources and the poll(s) your quoting from, please?

Estimates of the Voting Age Population for 2016

The Size of the U.S. and the World in 2016

Now the number of people who actually voted was 130 million Americans and if you want to consider that as a representation of all of America than Clinton 65.9m - 63m Trump. So if you use the number of actual voters as a representation of America, than the majority of America voted for Clinton.

Now of course if you continue to use voter fraud as the reason behind his majority loss than you must provide proof that it occurred and not only that it occurred but you must also provide the actual numbers that are needed to to discount her majority win. Show us that voter fraud is so rampant that it happens in the millions.

How unpopular is Donald Trump?

Average numbers around 39.9 approve 55.2 disapprove of Trump. Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research a republican biased poll has him at 44 percent.
edit on 17-1-2019 by j4ckd4r1pp3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Please post a single sign that the US economy is not doing well.

Davos is a Globalist get together, the US can get along fine without coordinating it's economy with any other country in the long term. In fact it is one of the few that can do so.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If I were a government worker, not getting paid, and I found out that someone who caused the suspension of my pay by walking out of discussions before they really had begun, was spending up big, especially when it looks like it was for obstruction of justice, I'd be fairly upset.

Well government workers are not guaranteed jobs, you know that right?

And just who is walking out of discussions before they began? Only the
Democrat leaders who refuse to come to the table and negotiate! They
would rather use the tax money to fly around and drink, booze it up
and undermine the President and his Administration, while pretending
to care about the troops.

They must still think we are living in 1990 and no internet.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Gothmog

No.

You can frame it other ways and be truthful.

Trump won under the system we have in place. That's perfectly fine.

Saying a majority of Americans voted for him isn't. This is an international board, so nuance and sometimes idioms don't translate.

God forbid we have a standard for being honest with what we say.

What you're doing is past semantics and straight to mental gymnastics....
You're better than that.

We're (as a board, I hope) better than that.

Look at the map of States
Red vs. Blue
You will see the light...
What you want ?
A Democracy Mob Rule ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

If I were a government worker, not getting paid, and I found out that someone who caused the suspension of my pay by walking out of discussions before they really had begun, was spending up big, especially when it looks like it was for obstruction of justice, I'd be fairly upset.

Well government workers are not guaranteed jobs, you know that right?

And just who is walking out of discussions before they began?

Just to be clear:

'I Said Bye-Bye.' President Trump Walked Out of a Meeting With Top Democrats - Time

Trump walks out of shutdown meeting with top Democrats, calling it 'total waste of time' – The Guardian

Trump walks out of meeting with congressional leaders, considers declaring emergency at border - USA Today

Trump walked out of shutdown meeting with Democratic lawmakers: Schumer - Reuters

Trump walks out of shutdown talks with a 'bye-bye' - BBC News

Only the Democrat leaders who refuse to come to the table and negotiate! They would rather use the tax money to fly around and drink, booze it up and undermine the President and his Administration, while pretending to care about the troops.

Oh, and who doesn't seem to care about the troops?

Mattis resigns after clash with Trump over troop withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan - Washington Post

Europe responds with alarm to US defence secretary's resignation - The Guardian

Brett McGurk, US envoy to anti-ISIS coalition, resigns in wake of Trump decision to pull troops from Syria - Fox News

'You know what? It's yours': Trump reportedly threw his hands up on Syria during phone call with the Turkish president - Business Insider Australia

Four US Troops, Civilian Workers Killed, Three Wounded in Syria Bombing - Military.com

US military says American troops killed in Syria blast - NBC News

Sure, Trump is really concerned about the troops.

They must still think we are living in 1990 and no internet.

May as well be for some.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst

I have.

Davos is a Globalist get together, the US can get along fine without coordinating it's economy with any other country in the long term. In fact it is one of the few that can do so.

No, if the US economy takes a dive, it will call in loans it has made to other countries

But the US is in the red to other countries by 21.6 trillion dollars, which somewhat weakens its financial status.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why split hairs over something you knew?

Careful, your own pettiness will bite you in the ass.

This is a user content driven board.

One of the reasons I come here is to read stories and the different opinions about them. Often times I will come out with a different opinion than my initial one because someone sheds some light on a part that was omitted purposefully or not.

I don't think fact checking is petty.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Look at the map of States
Red vs. Blue

When you look at those red vs blue election maps, and you see an entire state is red, does that make you believe that every person in that state voted for Trump?

It's my understanding that Trump won the electoral college by a mere 80,000 votes.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
This is exactly why President Trump was elected by a majority of Americans.

Thank you President Trump for holding these traitor's feet to the fire.

Let's hit the magic 30 day count and trim the fat.

Just here to give a friendly reminder:

The majority of Americans didn't vote for Trump.

If you think I'm wrong, provide evidence to back up your argument, because there's a ton of evidence in my favor.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If not for the Electoral College Florida, California and NY would decide every election with the popular vote. That is NOT direct representation of all states.

If you live in CA and like a candidate and you live in NC and like another both votes should count and the system in place now does that.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why would Trump hire 17 new lawyers to defend himself?

Unfortunately, the Democrats have all lined up to create a paper
factory and waste precious tax money with umteen records
requests, just as they did with Bush.

So these so called lawyers will oversee that process.

But it is a semi clever talking point by the Dems,
if your only thinking with half a brainwashed lobe.

Oh, is that what "the strategy is to strongly assert the President's executive privilege" in regard to the potential public release Mueller's report' means - something about the Dems generating paperwork?

There was no discussion because THEY refused to negotiate on funding the wall and you know god damn well they are refusing funding.

If you want to create lies at least make up something that doesn't contradict what is common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
This is exactly why President Trump was elected by a majority of Americans.

Thank you President Trump for holding these traitor's feet to the fire.

Let's hit the magic 30 day count and trim the fat.

There are suggestions that Trump is under the control of a long-standing enemy of the US.

Did you bump your head?.....Trump is not controlled by the Democratic Party.
Oh wait...you must be talking about the Democrats “perceived” enemy, Russia.
The question still stands...did you bump your head?

No, I haven't bumped my head recently.

You live in Michigan. Have you been drinking the water from Flint? You know what high lead levels do.

And that problem is not even fixed yet. Our Government needs to get their heads out of their own a$$es long enough to take a fresh breath.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Today, when he cancelled Pelosis trip the media was ready to attack. However, our president is an equal opportunity debt reducer.

Where's Melania? Oh, she's on a flight to Florida for a private weekend break at Mar A Lago. Cost to the taxpayer of the flight alone - $35k

edit on 18-1-2019 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst

I remember discussions like this in 2006.

Growing Employment - yup
Low interest rates - not normally a sign of a healthy economy but still nice, yup
Healthy growth - yup
Low inflation - yup
Rising wages - yup
Effect of rising wages on inflation - on its way
Massive debt bubble and growing - yup
Increasing deregulation - yup
Growth slowing - yup
Significant increases in government borrowing - yup
Jittery markets despite the tax stimulus - yup

It might feel good right now, but medium to long term things are looking shaky. It's like 2007 never happened.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: j4ckd4r1pp3r

Now the number of people who actually voted was 130 million Americans and if you want to consider that as a representation of all of America than Clinton 65.9m - 63m Trump. So if you use the number of actual voters as a representation of America, than the majority of America voted for Clinton.

And the averages puts that a very close race. Once the Electoral College does as it is intended to do it stops the minority of states that wants a President. Trump won more States than Hillary. He won 30, she won 20. Each State is a separate entity. A representation of individualism with 49 other members of the club. Each state should only get one vote, but since our government knows better they have seen fit to add more representation for more populated states. The biggest reason I believe this to be wrong is another topic for another thread.

Now of course if you continue to use voter fraud as the reason behind his majority loss than you must provide proof that it occurred and not only that it occurred but you must also provide the actual numbers that are needed to to discount her majority win. Show us that voter fraud is so rampant that it happens in the millions.

Proof? What kind of proof do you need. A Stanford Study?

Average numbers around 39.9 approve 55.2 disapprove of Trump. Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research a republican biased poll has him at 44 percent.

Why don't you ask people in here if you believe polls that are supposedly republican biased? ATS is always accused of being biased to republican. Lets really see if that poll is right.

I approve of the Job that President Trump has done for America since he took office.
That is one vote.

edit on 18-1-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Why would Trump hire 17 new lawyers to defend himself?

Unfortunately, the Democrats have all lined up to create a paper
factory and waste precious tax money with umteen records
requests, just as they did with Bush.

So these so called lawyers will oversee that process.

But it is a semi clever talking point by the Dems,
if your only thinking with half a brainwashed lobe.

Oh, is that what "the strategy is to strongly assert the President's executive privilege" in regard to the potential public release Mueller's report' means - something about the Dems generating paperwork?

There was no discussion because THEY refused to negotiate on funding the wall and you know god damn well they are refusing funding.

The discussion that Trump walked out on, were negotiations.

They were 'in negotiation' and Trump walked out.

Perhaps if he was persistent and didn't fold at the first opportunity, he might have negotiated some concessions.

If you want to create lies at least make up something that doesn't contradict what is common knowledge.

Common knowledge?

How could the general public know about what happened at the meeting other than what was reported by Trump, Pelosi and Schumer?

There is no way that they could have some special knowledge about it.

You are so totally convinced by your opinion that you are even ignoring the reports, including Trump's own tweets.

edit on 18/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Schumer says Dems won’t budge on Trump wall demand

thehill.com...

There are dozens of articles and you likely know that. There's video too. You are lying if you say Trump was the one walking away. He offered to cut the wall funding in half and they said no.

These are people that have previously funded a wall. How deranged do you have to be to completely deny video evidence of these people supporting a wall and now saying that it's out of the question?

I think a special council should be appointed to investigate the liars from other countries that were posting anti-Trump messages. Maybe they can indict you like they did the Russians. You were clearly a foreign agent working against Trump.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

thehill.com...

There are dozens of articles and you likely know that. There's video too. You are lying if you say Trump was the one walking away. He offered to cut the wall funding in half and they said no.

These are people that have previously funded a wall. How deranged do you have to be to completely deny video evidence of these people supporting a wall and now saying that it's out of the question?

I think a special council should be appointed to investigate the liars from other countries that were posting anti-Trump messages. Maybe they can indict you like they did the Russians. You were clearly a foreign agent working against Trump.

All you have to remember is TWO YEARS.

Two years the republican majority could have passed a budget regarding the wall. All of a sudden it is a national emergency, so what happened between now and than, nothing. His attempt to try and make the dems look bad is backfiring because the American people know who is to blame and also understand there was two years where he could have pass a budget for the wall. They also know this is not a national emergency and is just made up in an attempt to scare people which also goes for this supposed caravan.

It is interesting how this magical caravan keeps appearing when Trump needs a scary group.
edit on 19-1-2019 by j4ckd4r1pp3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

thehill.com...

I am from another country. But no-one in the US can indict me because the agents of the US government have no authority to operate in my country. My country has sovereignty over its own regions.

Besides that, freedom of speech (which is all I have exercised) is not against US law. even if I was in your country I have not broken the law by speaking out against US governmental corruption.

The Russians that were indicted were on US soil. I am not. The Russians that were indicted were all uncovered as part of the Mueller probe into collusion and their indictments add strength to accusations against Trump.

Also, please post the video of the shutdown meeting between Trump, Pelosi and Schumer. To my knowledge, video of that particular has not been released to the public, as previous meetings have (perhaps it is not very flattering to Trump?).

"A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership... A shutdown means the President is weak." - Donald Trump in 2013.

please review the section from from the 1:32 to 1:45 of this video and ask yourself who is the one who shut down the government.

Then, after the government shutdown, he tweeted "The Democrats now own the shutdown".

- It is clear that Trump threatened to initiate the shutdown, beforehand.

- It is clear that Trump, not the Democrats, initiated the shutdown as a response to their not wanting to fund the wall.

- It is clear (check out links in previous posts on this) that Trump walked out of negotiations that were intended to avoid the shutdown.

- It is clear that Trump then tried to pass off the blame for the shutdown.

Yet you call me delusional?
edit on 19/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join