It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaws-dropping! World's 'biggest great white shark' snapped off Hawaii

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The shark had just fed on a dead whale, when great whites are well fed they are not very aggressive I guess. Personally I wouldn’t get in the water with it no matter what. But then again I’m deeply afraid of large water predators, something about being out of your element and completely submerged in theirs.

Exactly , Im a diver too, Ive dove with sharks many many times........they arent the mindless feeding machines people think they are.....

MOST of the time 98%, it takes a specific set of circumstances to illicit a bite from a shark, even just an exploratory bite.....

Great whites arent even the most dangerous or aggressive, the problem is their size.......when they actually DECIDE to bite, its more often to be fatal just because of the enormous area they chomp down on.....

Dive with some bullsharks sometime lol

It's an experience I want to do sometime, the worst and I'm using that word loosely, the worst aquatic animal I've swam up against was a barracuda. I'd love to dive with sharks one day, but first I want to dive with dolphins and just the colourful little reef fish

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: KKLOCO

That diver has "ladyballs"

Look closer bro. The diver is a blonde bombshell.

Ahem... sorry back on topic. That’s a huge shark!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
“Where going to need a bigger boat.”

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Oh, I know, brave girl is what I meant

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It's an experience I want to do sometime, the worst and I'm using that word loosely, the worst aquatic animal I've swam up against was a barracuda. I'd love to dive with sharks one day, but first I want to dive with dolphins and just the colourful little reef fish

Yeah barracuda are easily the most aggressive fish I have ever come in contact with thus far, I had one ruin my diving day one day by darting at me and taking my facemask off, he tore the rubber from the mask and left me with one hell of a black eye and bruised cheekbone

I really loved diving in Mexico and Fiji, dif diving experiences but beautiful in their own right.........

The greatest thing? Its so cheap!!!!!
edit on 1/17/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Holy $hit that's HUUUUUGE

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
World's biggest great white shark, let's get in, swim with it, pet it and take pictures!

Wow, not sure if brave or stupid but impressive nonetheless.

They were already there diving when that shark showed up. At that point, the worst thing they could have done would have been to panic and scatter. If the old girl wasn't feeling aggro before, that likely would have piqued her interest and gotten her far too curious.

Scattering humans are like wounded fish, and just like you don't run from land predators ...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yep, bullsharks are a menace here in the rivers.. they're aggressive and strong for their size.

In saying that, we've become the shark attack capital of the world recently, over taken South Africa because great whites love chomping on our surfers, divers and abalone fisherman...

Even if this GW had eaten ... you can never trust a wild animal, never, no matter how smart you think you are.

She may be happy and thrilled with the experience.. but she'd be regretting it and wishing she never did it, if it bit her and she was bleeding out on the boat.

Still, if i was feeling ballsy, id jump in too - stupid or not

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Why would the shark eat the diver? Did you see the pic — the diver is smokin’ hot!

Sorry for being a dude. 🤪

So, the shark would bang her, instead? That shark is a female. I don't think lesbianism occurs as frequently in the animal kingdom, so the chances of that shark being horny for the diver are pretty low.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here's a short vid of Tuesdays "Deep Blue" encounter.

edit on 17-1-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Murky water , low light and a hungry or sick shark . Hmmm .
edit on 17-1-2019 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Damn... I wish that woman diver would reach out and touch me as I swam past.
She is beautiful!

Sorry for my “locker room” talk there.
I just needed to get that off my chest.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

But your saying it could be possible?
So there is hope!
I’ll follow that woman and shark around for a month trying to get that on tape.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

In saying that, we've become the shark attack capital of the world recently, over taken South Africa because great whites love chomping on our surfers, divers and abalone fisherman...

Not to get pedantic here but from what I have read (im guessing youre in Florida) the shark attacks in that area, by break down are not at all because of great whites but because of, bull sharks, tigers and aggressive nurse or black tips........

I know when I dove in the area, it was mostly nurse or Tiger sharks, with the odd Bull shark rushing off other sharks being generally cranky......

That being said, you are right, animals are animals and are unpredictable.......
edit on 1/17/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: KansasGirl

But your saying it could be possible?
So there is hope!
I’ll follow that woman and shark around for a month trying to get that on tape.

Sorry Mac, but I'm putting my money on the shark that you wouldn't make it a month.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Something inside humans resonates with these great beasts and reminds us of our humble nature we need to relate to our planet. Just seeing pictures moves me with wonder, fear and beauty. Wow, what a shark!
edit on 17-1-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was more interested in those mermaids than that fat bloated shark....

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
and they are just in wetsuits now that's some guts right there.

I agree completely. People seem to have lost the ability to think sensibly anymore. They would have shown actual respect by dressing cocktail party formal.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So this was lies?

Love natures raw power.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

The shark had just fed on a dead whale, when great whites are well fed they are not very aggressive I guess. Personally I wouldn’t get in the water with it no matter what. But then again I’m deeply afraid of large water predators, something about being out of your element and completely submerged in theirs.

The thing is that contrary to the movie Jaws, normally they don’t like to hunt humans.

Many attacks are because from below surfers paddling on surf boards look like one of great white’s favorite prey: seals.

What happens then is the shark bites, realizes its mistake, and then lets go.

Usually deaths, if any, are from bleeding out, not from being eaten alive.

Nor cal is the second biggest concentration in the world. Often the sharks just swim right under people.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join