It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A solution for government workers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Or we can just open the government back up stop being freakin' children about all of this.

Well that would work to. But its closed now so this would work for people.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: notsure1
Since Trump has already signed a bill guaranteeing back pay to all government workers effected by the shutdown you can go to the bank and borrow against that money.

Even if you have bad credit and not even god or loan sharks will loan you money .

You can set up through your bank that they will receive your back pay directly to them so they are guaranteed their money back.

Then you can borrow against it probably cost you 5% plus some fees.

So you guys can just sit on your ass at home and still get paid.

You are welcome

I fail to see how allowing the country to go bankrupt, makes America great. You can't exactly write off the tax-bills of the other countries you run, against the losses of the US.

despite the bickering, I don't care which side of this you're on... but how do you figure the country going bankrupt has a single thing to do with this "shut down" ?

Some of them work, some don't... you still pay taxes, they still get paid.
Their bosses never even miss a paycheck- all this does is weed out people in government less likely to withstand a few weeks in a pay delay.

Come to think of it, wouldn't that be a good way to ensure the government keeps functioning when the entire system hits the fan?

Oh, wait... the people causing the shutdown still live in mansions and get their wealth, and their paychecks, on a regular basis. They don't care...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'm just saying. I want the wall too, but I don't think it's worth sending legitimate employees home without pay for an extended period of time.

Back pay or no back pay, the bills come due on the first.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The VA is fully funded, and not affected by this shutdown just fyi.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Or.... get a real job

I agree with you in principle. But these government workers aren't all pencil-pushing bureaucrats and, generally speaking, don't deserve to have their families put through this kind of uncertainty.

Democrats need to stop thinking that negotiation means saying 'no' to everything and Republicans need to show a bit more empathy when making their case for why this is the right move.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm just saying. I want the wall too, but I don't think it's worth sending legitimate employees home without pay for an extended period of time.

Back pay or no back pay, the bills come due on the first.

Trump has to stick to his guns. He has to.

They did this to Bush senior . They want to say "see he didnt keep his promise" so he will lose the election.

Same playbook. He has to stick to his guns and make them cave first.
edit on 17-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I get it. But I don't have to like it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Great, now they can't use veterans as a political football...

I can attest that disability checks from the VA are still being sent out, or in my case, directly deposited.

Same with GI Bill benefits.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

We are not talking about Uncle Louie are we? We re talking about the bank.

And if you read the OP the bank will be on the hook not you. They just get their pay when it opens back up

He guaranteed a wall that Mexico would pay for. He also said that he had no dealings with Russia during his candidacy. And that the US economy would continue to grow at 3 percent or better annually.

Those promises are already broken.

And the banks are secured against the Federal Reserve. The Federal reserve has no idea of the GDP because its government advisors aren't providing that information. There are NO guarantees on the performance of the economy and so the banks will not loan against the assurance that government employees will be paid at the same levels that they were previously.

edit on 17/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: chr0naut

We are not talking about Uncle Louie are we? We re talking about the bank.

And if you read the OP the bank will be on the hook not you. They just get their pay when it opens back up

What makes you think the banks will float a loan to fed. workers. They are private enterprises and don't have to loan any money to anyone if they don't believe there will be enough collateral. And btw, banks aren't in the business of giving away interest free loans.

Who said anything about interest free?

And Yes a bank would do on this guaranteed money. Guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

You have no idea of what you are talking about do you? byw...I'm a vet as well.

www.wisn.com...
edit on 17-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

A regional office closed down, not the medical center.

By the way, this is the statement about the shut down:

From the Horse's Mouth

In light of of a partial federal government shutdown, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Secretary Robert Wilkie released the following statement:

“Thanks to the leadership of President Trump and Congress, VA is fully funded for fiscal year 2019, and in the event of a partial government shutdown, all VA operations will continue unimpeded.

“We thank the president and Congress for their commitment to our nation’s heroes in funding VA, and stand ready to provide all of the VA benefits and services our Veterans have earned.”

Bold emphasis is mine.

Are you SURE this is why that regional office closed down? Because I'm not.
edit on 17 1 19 by projectvxn because: Spelling and grammar edits.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: chr0naut

Since Trump has already signed a bill guaranteeing back pay to all government workers effected by the shutdown you can go to the bank and borrow against that money.

Even if you have bad credit and not even god or loan sharks will loan you money .

You can set up through your bank that they will receive your back pay directly to them so they are guaranteed their money back.

Then you can borrow against it probably cost you 5% plus some fees.

So you guys can just sit on your ass at home and still get paid.

You are welcome

I fail to see how allowing the country to go bankrupt, makes America great. You can't exactly write off the tax-bills of the other countries you run, against the losses of the US.

despite the bickering, I don't care which side of this you're on... but how do you figure the country going bankrupt has a single thing to do with this "shut down" ?

Some of them work, some don't... you still pay taxes, they still get paid.
Their bosses never even miss a paycheck- all this does is weed out people in government less likely to withstand a few weeks in a pay delay.

Come to think of it, wouldn't that be a good way to ensure the government keeps functioning when the entire system hits the fan?

Oh, wait... the people causing the shutdown still live in mansions and get their wealth, and their paychecks, on a regular basis. They don't care...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Op has suggested on the premise that a federal employee, who is not getting a paycheck, can merely go to a bank and set up an advance against future pay, and that the banks would take the money once it is payed out.

What that is, in short is predatory lending and a trap unto itself. In short the person would end up in debt to the bank, or other financial institution, and in far worse situation than they are right now. And this is only the first month.

What happens if the shutdown continues, to say be 2 months long? How long till these federal workers, decide to resign in mass to find employment elsewhere? Then what?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What that is, in short is predatory lending and a trap unto itself. In short the person would end up in debt to the bank, or other financial institution, and in far worse situation than they are right now. And this is only the first month.

No the bank would be on the hook and they would do it because its guaranteed money.

thats what banks do this would be a "no brainer " for a bank.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Get a job in the real world is what they need to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Get a job in the real world is what they need to do.

Typical right wing thought processes...

You don't think being an air traffic controller or border patrol, or VA nurse, or surveyor for the USGS is the real world?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

, or VA nurse

Why do you keep repeating this?

You KNOW it isn't true.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What happens if the shutdown continues, to say be 2 months long? How long till these federal workers, decide to resign in mass to find employment elsewhere? Then what?
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What is it about "nonessential" that you don't understand? If they find employment elsewhere, great. There are suckers born every day who will step into the jobs. And---it gives the US population a time to reflect on what they really require in terms of essential government.

It is the job of Congress to pass a budget and then abide by it. They discovered a few years ago that if they never make a budget they don't have to worry about abiding by it. I say lock them inside the building until they can pass a budget. Provide them with army cots and MREs until they get the job done.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

What is it about "nonessential" that you don't understand?

Nonessential, like the White House switchboard operators! Like the IRS auditors! Like the FDA food inspectors! Nonessential.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join