It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock market the kiss of death is here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I lost everything in 08, had to reinvent myself. As fate would have it; greatest thing that ever happened to me.

Blessed to not be a scared old man anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yeah, got out in October.... couple of weeks too late as Dow dropped from mid 26's to mid 25's but still holding for awhile.

I will wait a couple of months before putting 401K back.

Waiting for a teen crash myself but I have been wrong before.

I did the same thing in 2007 and put it back after the crash... I made a good bit of "catch up" with that.
edit on 17-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Recession is likely in 2020 or earlier, economist warns Maryland senators
www.baltimoresun.com...

Financial indicators are pointing toward a recession beginning in mid-2020, Dan White, director of government consulting and fiscal policy research for Moody’s Analytics, told members of the Senate’s Budget and Taxation Committee.

Morgan Stanley: Another market storm is coming
www.cnn.com...

We now have conclusive proof that Europe is in an economic slump, and that two of its biggest economies are careering towards recession
www.sfgate.com...

edit on 17-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I wonder if anyone has actually sat down and done a costing with regards to an automated factory with AI doing the work

Here is the costing:

An AI -style Tower of Babel occurs with AI.
AI will develop its own language so it can
develop and communicate in
"billion letter"-long words to describe
concepts that no human will ever be able to fathom.

This will result in something a little bit uglier than
the proverbial "parting of ways"

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I have neither intellectual nor financial "interest"
in money sir.
However , from time to time I try to
contribute my "two cents worth" .

I have given....to...MYSELF! the
Luxury of Time!
And as you well know , "time is money"
And therefore I am "rich" in a sense.
Possibly beyond what the 1%
Could ever hope to "acheive".

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
maybe it is just an annual dip? This was around the same time last year the stocks took some deep negatives. The crypto bubble popped last year around two weeks prior.

Could just be cyclical.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb but I don't know about February?
The Dow reached my technical target of 25,000 today with good news from Apple and the Federal reserve.
My guess is with all the good news already out, the bears will be back in soon.
Might be a good time for those of you that were waiting for a third top to get out?
Do we need to go back to school?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I just watch the Silver and Gold prices, they are going up fast at the moment, and the knockdowns are not doing much.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I lost everything in 08, had to reinvent myself. As fate would have it; greatest thing that ever happened to me.

It's funny how we never think much about what we value and why we value it until it gets taken away, and sometimes when that happens you realize how it was all just silly and controlling your life. At that point, I think the most important thing you can have are good friends who care about you. Small things make you happy.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The bond market dropped yield a little, but banks are still offering 3% short term CD rates.
Someone playing in the currency markets gave North Korea a spike.
Unlike stock prices and coin values its very difficult to move NK currency off the US dollar fixed value.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Gold is currently 1317.7 down $2.00

Dow briefly reached 25067 in the cash market and just tagged 25073 in the futures before heading south.

The high was 25109 Wednesday at 3 PM when the North Korean signal showed up in their currency?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

This is interesting, if you look at the financial system as an eco system which has got out of balance. Mainly because the dominant predator has gone, which was the precious metals, which constrained inflation and derivative debt. This guy makes a good point that when the Gold standard has to be enforced due to the collapse of the reserve currency, it will come not by choice but by dire necessity

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I hope it crashes and burns.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yogibear999

Looks like Herman Cain's thin crust got an Anchovy today?
Dow closed at 25063 more anchovies next week?

The March Dow futures reached 25143 today before the retracement, cash market reached 25193 at 10:21 AM.
Lower future price often means an expected decline in price.

edit on 1-2-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The price of gold does tend to move with the CPI and oil over the longer term.
Looks like you might be able to make a quick 3% in just a few weeks but there is technical resistance at $1370.
The gold lease rates are still really low but there may be derivatives that will match the true spot cash value.
Gold will go through the roof if the US credit rating is lowered or the POTUS threatens default on the national debt sometime in the next 30 years.

edit on 1-2-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Gold is north of $1440 toz since the breakout above $1350 was effected...

it's my view that the Fed and the clandestine Stock Market Manipulator teams under the Banker's Thumbs
have engineered the surge in gold (with silver still lagging) so as to form a DOW 'Baseline' of 27,000 or upward...

it's a case of the wealth ratio between 1 troy ounce Gold & the value of the DOW 30 being in a proper ratio...

the Stocks won't break above 30,000 unless Gold is above $1550 w/ premium that is expected to go to $50 because of demand (and that scary price of trade-possession of $1600. will halt the rise of Gold in Its tracks)

~~~ Two Bubble bloated Assets...uttsing each other higher in price until the public confidence gets stretched-to-the-max and a several month inactivity session develops...

that's what I see going on --- so don't dump your stocks/equities just yet to hop on the Gold bandwagon just yet

Nope.... the Stocks, the Cryptos, the PM's will all increase in Price, and trading fees or premiums will go up too, until a new level of 'Balance' is achieved... then the race begins anew in our attempts to find a safe-haven
Which might be gold $ 2K and the DOW @ 35,000 & S&P @ $ 3500

~which might signal the bottom falling out on both Stocks/PMs/USD as Kryptos take over the whole civilized order~

2046 is the X-date, if ya'll last that long

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I honestly think the the Stock Market is rigged , One day we drop 800 OMG the worst day since bla bla The next day WOW were up a 1000 the best day ever!!!

That's because the market has gotten so complex that no mere human can make sense of it all. So in a situation like that, people become sheep. If everybody else is selling, they sell. If everybody else is buying, they buy. The proverbial monkey throwing their crap at a list of stocks and seeing what sticks. No wonder it's so volatile.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Whats deutchebank doing and isnt the fed dropping rates on the 31st?

The market will like that

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Theirs something strange going on with silver. the smackdowns are few and far between, I noticed the Friday knockdown, still left it above 16 dollars an ounce,could it be that Deutchbank isn't playing the knockdown game because its to busy surviving. I heard it takes two pound of silver to make an electric vehicle, so someone will want a lot probably the Chinese.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

just a little bit of jawboning is required...I have discovered

here it is:

a short info vid
www.youtube.com...

gold breakout...whats next/ is it real ?

Emerging from a 6-year base, gold shows signs that money is flowing into the precious metal in a big way, vaulting past the $1,350 barrier, and testing higher resistance and support limits. What mega-factors are driving this surge in gold, and what further monetary development may be about to become the biggest financial event of the year that could amplify these trends? (...)

what events or mega factors are causing this ?----
Well, there's dumping the USD by China/Russia, unloading a combined $1.5 Trillion of USA bonds/treasuries and encouraging others to drop-the-dollar to below a 90 rating by tomorrow

the EU will continue to invest in USA stocks & banks and ETFs/PM Futures for some years...but all those derivatives will hyper inflate & margin calls will become quicker-pricier

the entire event is like a see-saw.... gold gotta rise to be relative to equities and market manipulations by the wheeler dealers..

and a bubble value Stock market gotta pull up PMs prices to remain a formidable Value Item in relation to other commodities in the economic system

out of chaos comes order

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join