It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would YOU Hold the Current SotU?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: StallionDuck

Broadcast it from the Oval Office if he must. Make a point of telling the nation why, as well.

The SotU isn't a required duty, it's tradition. So, there's nothing to stop the President from speaking elsewhere. Yes, it'd be better in front of Congress assembled, and the Supremes...but it isn't required that he do so.

He can, just as effectively, reach out from the Oval Office.

The only reason Pelosi wants it delayed, or even cancelled is to try to keep President Trump from speaking out on matters embarrassing to the Democrats, and Republicans. Any other excuses are merely that excuses and smokescreens. IMHO, of course.

What will Trump base his figures on?

What is the point of an address that contains no information?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Take it to a large venue, pack it with 100k + people and call it the people's state of the union.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Redskins Stadium in Washington . 80,000 Trump Supporters in Attendance . A Show of Support by the People . Dems be Damned .

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He should speak to the progs in a language they can understand and stage the whole thing as an elaborate stage production performed entirely by androgynous soy boy males in tight unitards as an interpretive dance. It should take longer than the Oscars, just to be sure the point is driven climatically home.

Oh, and for the normal majority of US residents, Trump will give a rousing speech in fiery rhetoric on another channel.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'd call an emergency session of Congress, which is within his authority to do, and start the session by announcing that I had used Executive Order to fully fund the Wall from existing funds in the name of National Security (again, fully within the authority of the POTUS) and demand Congress have a budget ready for my signature the following morning that addressed the reappropriated funds as well as funding backpay for all furloughed government workers IN ADDITION to a 50% bonus on all hours worked by essential personnel. Turn to the camera, say "The state of our Union is being threatened in ways never before seen. The backbiting and gamesmanship being played in the name of partisan pandering is trying to destroy that union. BUT the state of our nation is strong, and these actions I have taken and demanded today will further strengthen it. I will not hesitate to enact further EOs and use additional tools at my disposal as president if need be and anyone, be they Democrat or Republican, who continue to pander and put their Kept Voter's interests above the Constitution and above the nation as whole will find themselves embarrassed publicly. God bless America." Turn 180 degrees to throw a middle finger right in Pelosi's face, drop the mic, strut out, show over.
edit on 17-1-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Probably about the same point as a House of Representatives which contains no representatives of We The People.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If it were me. I would forget about the wall for the time being. I would get a deal done to reopen the government. I would give a standard sotu address at the usual venue. I would use some of that time to state my case for the wall. But then again I tend to be a leader who puts the greater good first, not a vindictive ego driven scumbag.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

When does the can stop getting kicked down the road, though?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I would wait to announce any decision until the afternoon of January 28, the day before the scheduled SOTU, and think of all the options before that time. That is, if the shutdown is still going 11 days from now....

That'd keep the pressure on everyone, and that's exactly how I would handle it

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
If it were me. I would forget about the wall for the time being. I would get a deal done to reopen the government. I would give a standard sotu address at the usual venue. I would use some of that time to state my case for the wall. But then again I tend to be a leader who puts the greater good first, not a vindictive ego driven scumbag.

You are very very far from a ‘leader’.

“Vindictive ego driven scumbag”, are you speaking about pElosi? The woman who ‘puts the greater good first’?
edit on 17 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It doesn't have to be in front of a joint session, as senate leader Mitch McConnell could invite him to address just the Senate, I think that is what they should do

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Probably about the same point as a House of Representatives which contains no representatives of We The People.

That depends upon if you measure by actual votes or if you run the figures through a 'Statistical Corruptor Algorithm'.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Sen. Rand Paul wants to move it out of the House into the Senate.

I agree with him. Great move. He can send the text of the speech to the House members via email and give the speech to the Senate. The only thing poor old Nancy has done is make sure he'll have the biggest audience ever because she's hoping to ride his coat tails once again. Let's face it, as ghoulishly entertaining as it is to watch her attempt to make a point, she can't get the msm to cover much of her ramblings anymore. Too embarrassing for them. She can't draw tens of thousands of people the way Trump does.

Since the security services say they're ready to roll I see no reason to postpone anything. The Senate chambers have the same equipment as the House so let the show go on!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That depends upon if you measure by actual votes or if you run the figures through a 'Statistical Corruptor Algorithm'.

No, it actually depends entirely on whether or not they do the damn jobs they were sent to DC on promises to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'd call an emergency session of Congress, which is within his authority to do, and start the session by announcing that I had used Executive Order to fully fund the Wall from existing funds in the name of National Security (again, fully within the authority of the POTUS) and demand Congress have a budget ready for my signature the following morning that addressed the reappropriated funds as well as funding backpay for all furloughed government workers IN ADDITION to a 50% bonus on all hours worked by essential personnel. Turn to the camera, say "The state of our Union is being threatened in ways never before seen. The backbiting and gamesmanship being played in the name of partisan pandering is trying to destroy that union. BUT the state of our nation is strong, and these actions I have taken and demanded today will further strengthen it. I will not hesitate to enact further EOs and use additional tools at my disposal as president if need be and anyone, be they Democrat or Republican, who continue to pander and put their Kept Voter's interests above the Constitution and above the nation as whole will find themselves embarrassed publicly. God bless America." Turn 180 degrees to throw a middle finger right in Pelosi's face, drop the mic, strut out, show over.

That speech is worthy of Andrew Jackson in his fight with Congress. I don't think the US has been subjected to this kind of partisanship since the days of Jackson fighting the Bank.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He's handled it rather nicely... now Pelosi has been trolled , he can do the SOTU in the Senate.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
No matter what he does now, thanks to the dEms, this will be the most viewed SOTU address in history.

Media is a competition industry. cNn WILL be airing it, live, from wherever he decides to do it. As will ALL major broadcasters.

Thanks nANcy

it will be the most viewed because Trump presidency is like driving past a car accident. You know its ugly and you shouldnt look but you do it anyways

Only correlation I can find in your scenario are the sickos that look to see if they can find something really bad but end up disappointed because they didn't see anything bad, then they exaggerate the scenery to tell their friends who didn't see it.
edit on 18-1-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

From our secret Nazi moon base.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

This shutdown isn't effecting you any more than it is effecting anyone else here. You're not concerned with it at all, other than it being Trump that shut it down.

If you're a leader who puts the greater good first then why wouldn't you give less than a percent of the budget to put in order something our Border Security said will help them dramatically?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I'd do it like a Presidential Inauguration, the western front of the US Capital, Invite Congress, The Supreme Court and the public to view. Might even use Obama's Signature God Voice on the Mic. Make it Epic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join