It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would YOU Hold the Current SotU?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Pretend for a moment that you are President Trump, with all of the frap going on right now, how would YOU hold the State of the Union? Give details.

This seems to be a fun topic and I've enjoyed seeing all of the creative ways everyone has come up with. Now I want to read all of your opinions on how Trump should handle this. Should he be a Troll? Should he give in? Should he go way over the top? You don't have to be a Trump supporter to participate.

Keep it civil please as this isn't the mud pit.

Who knows... Maybe Q... *Cough Cough* Trump will be reading

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Rent the biggest arena in town and then change to a broadcast at the last minute. Watch all the libs in the place meltdown as they watch it on the big screen.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No matter what he does now, thanks to the dEms, this will be the most viewed SOTU address in history.

Media is a competition industry. cNn WILL be airing it, live, from wherever he decides to do it. As will ALL major broadcasters.

Thanks nANcy

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I say do it at a Chick-Fil-A.

Or setup a stage near the border, and do it there.

I read on another post someone said do it at a base overseas for the soldiers.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Broadcast it from the Oval Office if he must. Make a point of telling the nation why, as well.

The SotU isn't a required duty, it's tradition. So, there's nothing to stop the President from speaking elsewhere. Yes, it'd be better in front of Congress assembled, and the Supremes...but it isn't required that he do so.

He can, just as effectively, reach out from the Oval Office.

The only reason Pelosi wants it delayed, or even cancelled is to try to keep President Trump from speaking out on matters embarrassing to the Democrats, and Republicans. Any other excuses are merely that excuses and smokescreens. IMHO, of course.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Pretend for a moment that you are President Trump, with all of the frap going on right now, how would YOU hold the State of the Union? Give details.

This seems to be a fun topic and I've enjoyed seeing all of the creative ways everyone has come up with. Now I want to read all of your opinions on how Trump should handle this. Should he be a Troll? Should he give in? Should he go way over the top? You don't have to be a Trump supporter to participate.

Set it up at the border where we need a fence. I'd invite the border agents and families of those killed by criminal illegal immigrants. I'd also invite immigrants who went through the legal process of becoming citizens.

Then I'd take a few minutes and show this video:

Then... just drop the mic.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think trump will broadcast it on twitter. His usual "information" outlet.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think the State of the Union will go on. I am of the opinion that Trump likes the attention too much.

Now my feelings for Trump aside, what I honestly think he should do if he wanted to snap back is hold it at the border. Invite every House and Senate member to come see the crisis first hand. Speak to America from where is it hurting the most. Don't make it about the wall. Make it about everyone has been affected by the lack of the security.

What I think he will do is hold it at the oval office and bash Nancy.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would do it from the McDonald's play place from the ball pit

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
He should do it from RBG's hospital room and give us the short list for the next SCOTUS judge during the speech.

ok /sarc

I'd actually like to see it done rally style so that the MSM has to show how many supporters there are cheering him on. It would be the best one ever with no anti-americans shaking their heads while playing candy crush.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
From the Oval Office, by candlelight, live-streamed on face book
cheapest means, for a cheapskate president

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sen. Rand Paul wants to move it out of the House into the Senate.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How Would YOU Hold the Current SotU?

Comet Ping Pong Pizzeria.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Not bad... Not bad, at all. Better yet, offer to fly them all there at his expense...

Seriously though, that's not a bad idea, at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
No matter what he does now, thanks to the dEms, this will be the most viewed SOTU address in history.

Media is a competition industry. cNn WILL be airing it, live, from wherever he decides to do it. As will ALL major broadcasters.

Thanks nANcy

it will be the most viewed because Trump presidency is like driving past a car accident. You know its ugly and you shouldnt look but you do it anyways

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Live from the Kremlin?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hold it right smack-dab in the middle of Pelosi's district.

edit on R022019-01-17T16:02:03-06:00k021Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Set it up at the border where we need a fence. I'd invite the border agents and families of those killed by criminal illegal immigrants. I'd also invite immigrants who went through the legal process of becoming citizens.

Then I'd take a few minutes and show this video:

Then... just drop the mic.

Yep, and besides those invited, I wouldn't tell a single soul where it was going to be until 30 minutes before I gave it. I'd tell one news station I trusted, or cut a deal with ABC, NBC, or CBS to give them sole access to it while all the others fight to get there. And in the deal, it would have to be shown across all of that station's currently airing shows. Then we'd see how fast the protesters flipped and flopped trying to get there.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd say that he ought to revive Roosevelt's Fireside Chats, rub the Democrats' face in it, and use the format where he speaks to Americans frankly from the White House as Roosevelt did, to clear the air on what is going on and why the nation is in such a tough situation.

Trump is an active person. If he wants to, he can walk around and use a conversational tone, but the key is to be frank and open and conversational and make sure he lays it all out -- the good things happening in the nation with the economy and why those things are happening, and the appalling lack of border security and why any discussion of budget must begin with a secure nation.

Or ...

Trump hires an arena, fills it, and rocks it hard, and the press almost has to cover it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Thanks nANcy

it will be the most viewed because Trump presidency is like driving past a car accident. You know its ugly and you shouldnt look but you do it anyways

How did you give yourself 2 stars???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join