It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furloughed government workers that use Gofundme could be Jailed / fined

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

the essential ones (listed above) should probably do what every other citizen does and find a second job until the Democrats end this fiasco.

You have a source for that or just another made up fact? I know it is a made up fact because I am a citizen as well as my wife and neither of us have second jobs... Not sure I know anybody with 2 jobs...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Slavery is illegal in this country. I can't imagine, even if they opted to just quit, that any court in the land would accept a case against someone for leaving a job that demanded they work for months without immediate pay.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

"In a nutshell, it says federal employees aren't supposed to supplement their salaries with outside income.

This is a deceptive statement from the article.

Federal workers with outside income file form OGE-450 - US Office of Government Ethics. The form is reviewed for conflicts of interest. Example: a federal worker holds substantial stock in a company, and also makes decisions on awarding a lucrative contracts to that company.
Or, a federal worker works part time for a company, that seeks government contracts, and uses the worker for inside information. Or, a federal worker also is a paid member of a political campaign.

Many of the federal workers I know have outside sources of income. Some buy real estate, or flip houses, or are commercial fishermen on weekends.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

They collect unemployment and pay it back when they are paid.

Next issue?

This might be a stupid question but wouldn't unemployment for federal government workers come from the federal government?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The vast majority of businesses wouldn't even consider this an issue. If there is no revenue, folks get laid off. Or let go. I guess they are free to try gofundme too.

The federal government has been shut down dozens of times times. Any Federal employee knows that. Matter of fact every year agencies are hit with the CR what-if's. Who goes home, who has to come in, how long will it last, etc. Almost as if you want the job, this is part of the deal.

Before everybody gets the flamethrowers fired up, I worked for the federal government for many years. I have gone long periods without a paycheck with many bills to pay. It sucks but being a public servant should come with the notion you serve the public. There may be times when they come before you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join