It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump prevents Pelosis overseas trip to Europe by restricting using US assets to fly hour before lea

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I believe if you check, he left for Afghanistan after Christmas Day was over, somewhere around midnight if I remember correctly.

Indeed. Christmas day was over. They left Christmas night. What difference does it make?

"President Trump and the First Lady traveled to Iraq late on Christmas night to visit with our troops and Senior Military leadership
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh man, HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Had to log in for this one.

Trump does not disappoint! Has there ever been a president that’s so brutally hilarious(in a good way)?
edit on 17-1-2019 by valve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I would agree, however, he has now placed all of Congress in a sticky pickle, along with other departments. If it is not safe for her, it would also mean that no one in the senate should be able to either to other locations, nor for members of the cabinet. In short, this is something that neither is going to like. And what we are seeing is that this is not going to go well for anyone, all the while the worst is going to start hitting in Feb, when the shoe will drop hard, and the reality of the shut down starts to hit home.

The president does not have to speak infront of congress, all he has to do is send a report.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Trump is their Commander in Chief.

Pelosi, is not.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If, as Pelosi claims, the House is no longer safe and secure for the SOTU...why is it safe for the House members?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Congress represents them. Trump does not.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean "Speaker of the House" Pelosi.

This was a Democratic Delegation of 30 plus people, a fact finding meet and greet with US military officials and NATO representatives, and a shout out of thanks to our troops. The troops deserve more from their government than a last minute, self aggrandizing political rally/photo shoot, because the President Donnie Good Brain was sitting at home alone, feeling bored and depressed.

Like I said, makes sense for the Commander in Chief to visit his troops.
I'll add, Pelosi and her gaggle of left wingnuts, not so much.
Pelosi can stay home and get back to work, like she's been told to do. Trump even sent her bags back to Congress and let them ride the govt bus back home - nice of him. I would have left them and their luggage on the tarmac.

edit on 17/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If, as Pelosi claims, the House is no longer safe and secure for the SOTU...why is it safe for the House members?

At the State of the Union address, all of the House is present, all of Congress is present, all of the Supreme Court is present, all the Cabinet, but one, is present, diplomatic envoys and delegations are present as well as the President of the United States, and his Vice President, are present. That's a lot of US VIPs present, in one room, at one time.

Not only that, but many of these VIPs and their staff, will have to travel to and from DC, as well as book rooms to stay overnight, most likely. With around 400K TSA, Air Traffic Control, Secret Service, FBI agents, etc., furloughed, calling in sick, over worked and understaffed, it is less safe for these VIPs to travel.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh FFS. Really. You are gonna knock him for visiting the troops and not going to FL?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So, she is worried about security for the SOTU but not the border.....F'N CLASSIC!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what makes sense to you. Lawmakers regularly visit the overseas troops for various reason and various times.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Screw em. He should have the SOTU in a public place and make it a rally for our country!!!!
It is 'his' choice how to deliver. Not Pelosi. Ha!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh, all the winning!

Pelosi is resisting Trump presenting the Constitutionally-mandated State of the Union Address citing security concerns, so those exact same security concerns apply even moreso when she is flying into a war zone.

Pelosi has been skipping out on her office, playing hookey while complaining about government employees on furlough, so she needs to at least visit Congress on occasion.

Trump already warned a few weeks back that (paraphrased) "she's going to want something from me one day."

She can park her happy little wrinkled hind quarters in the House of Representatives, play with her shiny new gavel, and for once DO THE JOB SHE WAS ELECTED TO DO instead of just throwing blame around while exasperating the problem so she can throw more blame around. She's trying to purposely prolong the shutdown as long as possible to make Trump look bad, but it will backfire... and is backfiring from what I am seeing. Puerto Rico, then Hawaii, now Europe... was the "master legislator" hired to legislate or to take vacations?

Smooth move, Donald, ol' boy... smooth move!

Oh, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Trump could restart the government all by himself any time he wanted to. No, he cannot! The President cannot pass a budget; he can only sign one after it is passed by both houses of Congress. Only the House can initiate a budget, and they have to resolve any initiated budget with the Senate to get it passed. There has been no budget passed, which is why the government is shut down. Does anyone really think someone passed a bill that said the government would be shut down?

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is 'his' choice how to deliver. Not Pelosi. Ha!

Sure. Except, Pelosi is Speaker of the House, the President requires and invitation to speak there. Pelosi withdrew that invitation.

link   

Pelosi, represents only those troops from her district in SF, CA.

Trump is is Commander in Chief for ALL troops.

Civics 101
edit on 17-1-2019 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Oh FFS. Really. You are gonna knock him for visiting the troops and not going to FL?

I didn't say Trump stayed home and didn't visit the troops during the shut down, at Christmas...You did!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

He does not have to speak there. It is a modern thing. She overplayed her hand and she had to get off a bus and go home. Nite nite....

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hahahahaahahahahahaahahaha.....is this Nancy Pelosi?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It doesn't matter what makes sense to you. Lawmakers regularly visit the overseas troops for various reason and various times.

Not this time, sunshine. She's grounded.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Pelosi, represents only those troops from her district in SF, CA.

As Speaker of the House she represents 1/2 of Congress, which represents 1/3 of the government.

The three branches of the U.S. government are the legislative, executive and judicial branches.
www.history.com...

Speaker of the House is also 3nd in line to assume the Office of the President, just after the VP, should something happen.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join