It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump prevents Pelosis overseas trip to Europe by restricting using US assets to fly hour before lea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: trb71
I dont know the details of any trip to Brussels or Egypt or their merits, or if those are even real. I know Scalise brought up Brussels randomly this morning. By the latest reports she was due to leave into the warzone of Afghanistan at 3:30 PM today, that trip was kept secret for security reasons and will obviously now have to be cancelled...I wouldnt be calling a trip to a warzone a vacation or a PR stunt. Obviously flying commercial into Afghanistan is a large security risk.

The House and Senate announced Tuesday they would stay in session, canceling an upcoming recess week at home if the shutdown continued, which seemed likely.
ktla.com...

Considering the House and Senate made the announcement on Tuesday, that they would stay in session next week, cancelling their recess, I would assume that the Speaker of the House had already cancelled her plans to leave for a 7 day day trip today, and the president's words are blustering emptiness.

Why were they on the bus on their way to the airport then?

Ha ha haaaa

They’re still sitting on the bus too!

Nobody wants to tell them “ok guys, you actually have to get off. The President wins this round, again”

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
You know, the dems could use this chance to get a few concessions from the repubs for a miniscule portion of the overall total appropriations but they dont even seem to be interested in that.

I mean, the bad orange man just has to be stopped, right?

I was thinking the same. All trump wants is a budget that has that 5.(7?) billion for the border wall.

They could throw billions(tens) into some ridiculous dem pet project that would do nothing more than vacuum more money away to their NGO cronies and trump wouldn't probably even take a second look at it.

But it is understandable. Dems just CAN NOT let trump have another check mark next to a campaign promise. They already have a mountain to climb in 2020 and they can't risk letting trump have these "wins".

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's the right thing to do. They need to be in Congress attempting to negotiate a real deal to fix this. As someone who has been boots on the ground in Afghanistan 4 times, the last thing I wanted was a bunch of useless Congress members clowning around for a bunch of cameras. After working a 12 to 16 hour shift, they would have forced us to politely attend the photo OP. I was there during one of the shutdowns and received a zero pay check stub, it was before they corrected themselves and authorized the military to be paid. If the Congressional clowns on both sides had actually been working before, this would never have happened.

Immigration has been a problem for far too long, Trump is forcing them to do their jobs. Plenty of other issues like Social Security, healthcare, and term limits that they have ignored for years only to give 30 second sound bites about what they would do and always the same result, nothing. Enough is enough, how could they even think of taking a trip while the government is shutdown, certainly not essential.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

This was not a pleasure trip. She was going to a war zone and the idiot gave away classified information AGAIN.
Oh lets all cheer for him because he doesnt have a clue.... whoopie

Classified information? No. Since she is not going by military plane, she is not likely going to a war zone. No security problem at all and our USAF pilots are not at risk. She can still go to Belgium, flying commercial, should she wish to prove that she is unwilling to negotiate. She may be feeling the effects of too much Botox.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: ausername
Trump has clarified that Pelosi's trip hasn't been cancelled, but has been postponed. He wants her and other lawmakers in the country to negotiate a deal to end the shutdown and secure our southern border.

With this move, he basically exposed they aren't serious about getting this resolved...

And why does he need to be coddled and surrounded by people to end the shutdown? Seriously, why does anyone even need to be there?

He started it, he's the man, it's his call... only he can end it. Nancy or Schumer, or the entire Senate, or the entire Congress can't do squat. They can't open or shutter, or partially open any single piece of the government. This is his call and only his call.

Only he can end what he started.

LOL typical BS. from the typical BS poster.

When that's the best you can do, you know you ran out of excuses.

Luckily, I'm realistic and I view you guys here as what you are -- a minority. So, it just slides off.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Trump has clarified that Pelosi's trip hasn't been cancelled, but has been postponed. He wants her and other lawmakers in the country to negotiate a deal to end the shutdown and secure our southern border.

With this move, he basically exposed they aren't serious about getting this resolved...

And why does he need to be coddled and surrounded by people to end the shutdown? Seriously, why does anyone even need to be there?

He started it, he's the man, it's his call... only he can end it. Nancy or Schumer, or the entire Senate, or the entire Congress can't do squat. They can't open or shutter, or partially open any single piece of the government. This is his call and only his call.

LOL typical BS. from the typical BS poster.

When that's the best you can do, you know you ran out of excuses.

Luckily, I'm realistic and I view you guys here as what you are -- a minority. So, it just slides off.

But every other day its a right wing echo chamber not a minority

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Not even a budget. An appropriations bill. There has not been a budget passed with all appropriations bills since 06. This happens almost every year and the politicians have continued to get around it with a 'Continuing Resolution' every single year. They even passed legislation to allow the government to keep working without budgets. This is how we got to where we are.

Trump is not doing anything different than any other modern day president except telling them they need to pass all of the appropriation bills instead of passing resolutions and nothing getting done.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Adam Schiff is sitting in this bus!

How could Nancy be here to negotiate on the shutdown if she
is overseas on a junket?

Very appropriate imo. Kudos President Trump!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

No need for her there either. From what I hear she was supposed to meet with NATO. She is trying to play president again and it is got cancelled by the real one.

lol

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Adam Schiff is sitting in this bus!

How could Nancy be here to negotiate on the shutdown if she
is overseas on a junket?

Very appropriate imo. Kudos President Trump!

Yup, they have a special seat at the front, just for him. It's got extra padding and one of those bars that come down to hold him in the seat.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

It's the right thing to do. They need to be in Congress attempting to negotiate a real deal to fix this. As someone who has been boots on the ground in Afghanistan 4 times, the last thing I wanted was a bunch of useless Congress members clowning around for a bunch of cameras.

When she does get there, let her really see what it's like. Drop her on an op and let her hump ruck in the boonies for a day. When the incoming starts snapping overhead, she'll fill her depends and that will end her publicity stunts for the rest of her career.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fox News video live coverage of the sitting bus

The Pentagon canceled the trip at the direction of
The Commander in Chief.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Madness. Total gridlock and now both sides are throwing monkey poo at each other.

I can’t wait to see how this ends..

It won’t be good.. I hope everyone knows this.

link   
Ah the conundrum!
Botox-plated Nincompoop....

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You think when the president acts like a child it's a good thing?
Yes of course.

Just about everyone in Washington are acting like a bunch of immature kids that aren’t doing their jobs,they can’t even talk to each other,they are against anything from the other side before they even hear what it is.
They sure don’t listen to what people want or just don’t care what people want and do what ever they want to do even when their own people don’t want them to. We have representatives that don’t represent us.
That goes for both sides.
We need to come together as Americans and not let them try to tell us what is best for us, we all know what is right for us, we don’t always have to agree but we should listen to each other . We don’t need the government to babysit us.
The world is looking at us and wondering why we try to tell them what they need to do when we can’t even talk to each other without arguing over dumb $hit

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I thought you were gonna be gone for a few days.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
We have a few more details on the flight. Egypt wasnt a part of it. They were to fly to Belgium, stop in Belgium for required pilot rest, while in Belgium they were to meet with NATO officials. After leaving Belgium they were to fly to Afghanistan to meet with troops and officials on the ground to learn about what is happening there. As our officials should be doing in a wartime scenario.

Thank God they missed the trip to ask the military what's going on. No telling what kind of lies they would have brought back.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nancy is the reason it's shut down right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They'll still go on their trip...just not on a government plane.
They don't care about the shutdown.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: DAVID64

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

4g chess move? HAHAHA. You folks give him way to much credit. Trump can't even play Go Fish or Chutes and Ladders. He damn sure isn't playing any type of chess.

Billionaire.
President of the United States.
Married to a model.

How does YOUR life stack up ?

how does your life stack up?

lol

he's the one you'd most like to be like?

That's what obama said.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join