It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump prevents Pelosis overseas trip to Europe by restricting using US assets to fly hour before lea

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matt11
a reply to: knoxie

Hahaha. Maybe she should just go useing her own money.

These 2 are so stubborn. But the difference is that Pelosi and Schumer are only causing the gov shutdown and not funding the wall just because it’s trumo asking for it, and don’t like the man.

But I bet you if Obama wanted the wall funded and pressed so hard like trump it would of already been built, 50 feet high concrete wall with electrical wire on top

Trump and conservatives have posted countless examples of Democrats calling for a border wall in years past. But now that Trump wants it, suddenly it's unthinkable.

In one of his recent tweets, Trump pointed out how Chuck Schumer had called for James Comey to be fired... and when Trump actually did fire him, suddenly Schumer decided Comey was some kind of great hero.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Sillyolme

I thought you were gonna be gone for a few days.

Ummm...didn’t you hear...President Trump postponed...SillyolePelosi’s flight...

YouSir

Hmmm........

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Trump cancels delegation's trip to Davos amid shutdown thehill.com...

Good move!

I'm sure Trump was looking for an excuse to cancel that one. A bunch of globalists pushing crap economic policies that we already know he doesn't agree with.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo
a reply to: pteridine
Yes they had planned to fly commercial but the POTUS leaks made it a security threat to mae the trip.

The trip is postponed, not cancelled. They can leave at any time on a new itinerary and no one would know where or when. That said, they should remain in DC to negotiate a spending bill that would let the Government reopen. Apparently, they do not want this to happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
On the plus side at least the president has been impotently and entirely reduced in effectiveness to 'sick burns'. I'll take it.

lololol

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yes, it would mean that she would have to spend her own money to travel. However, the question is now why is the first hooker flying around, when those in congress is not able to?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They were on the bus! Braaaaa haa haa haa heeeee heeee weeee! Circled capital hill a few times to get away from the fox reporter that was likely tipped off (slapping knee)! Woo hooo ..... hee hee hee .... the idiots on the bus go round and round ... brraaaaaaa haaa haaahaaa heeee (just peed a bit) sucker punched them so hard they cannot respond coherently either!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Connect 4 is well above his intelligence level. I can just see him throwing a fit when he didn't win as a child here is your Participation Ribbon....big orange baby

....and yet he managed to beat the best and the brightest from the democrat party. Speaks volumes.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

What an incredibly pretty and childish act to cancel the congressional delegation's trip.

I love it.

Nobody in Washington has acted like a grown-up in years. Maybe decades. So what's inappropriate about petty childish retaliation?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

This was not a pleasure trip. She was going to a war zone and the idiot gave away classified information AGAIN.
Oh lets all cheer for him because he doesnt have a clue.... whoopie

He has the power to declassify anything he wants, so who's the idiot?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: UKTruth

Like I said, makes sense for the Commander in Chief to visit his troops.

It doesn't matter what makes sense to you. Lawmakers regularly visit the overseas troops for various reason and various times.

Yeah..... Not this time.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BTPowers

This was not a pleasure trip. She was going to a war zone and the idiot gave away classified information AGAIN.

In this instance, I'd say he is. What's the point in declassifying that information? For a funny "gotcha"? That isn't worth it, and seems pretty immature.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

In this instance, I'd say he is. What's the point in declassifying that information? For a funny "gotcha"? That isn't worth it, and seems pretty immature.

Whats petty and immature is being against a wall that the most democrats were for when proposed by the previous administration. A wall most Americans want that is being held up by NOTHING BUT POLITICAL GRAND STANDING. LOL when this same proposal was being floated the Obama the Dems were fawning over him like he cured cancer. Bunch of lying hypocrites, which is exactly the influence the Russians wanted over the capitalistic dogs, they just wanted chaos and stalemates within our government. Both sides grabbed it and swallowed it hook line and sinker.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: narrator

Whats petty and immature is being against a wall that the most democrats were for when proposed by the previous administration. A wall most Americans want that is being held up by NOTHING BUT POLITICAL GRAND STANDING. LOL when this same proposal was being floated the Obama the Dems were fawning over him like he cured cancer. Bunch of lying hypocrites, which is exactly the influence the Russians wanted over the capitalistic dogs, they just wanted chaos and stalemates within our government. Both sides grabbed it and swallowed it hook line and sinker.

You're saying that the previous administration proposed the exact same idea as Trump? A giant concrete, wait...slab steel, wait...see-thru, wall that stretches the ENTIRE length of the border?

I'd love to see documentation of that proposal, if it exists.

No one, other than a few radical factions, is against border security and tightening up the ship. It's the way Trump wants to go about it that people are against. There's scads of evidence that the wall as he envisions it wouldn't be that effective. There are better ways to go about providing border security.

Heck, even drug smugglers in the El Chapo trial said that most of the drugs get to America on boats. Which, if you objectively think about it, makes a lot of sense. Why try to go across a desert with giant shipments of drugs weighing thousands of pounds, when they could just put them in shipping containers. Which, by the way, only about 5% of them are inspected upon arrival to port.

Yes, border security is important. But, there are much better (potential) solutions than what he wants to build.

ETA: Also, you never addressed the point I was making in the comment you responded to. Declassifying important security info just to make Pelosi look bad isn't a smart move on his part, and there was no political strategy to it. It was petty.
Just because you consider the Dem's supposed political grandstanding to be petty, doesn't mean that Trump isn't also being petty.
edit on 18-1-2019 by narrator because: ETA

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think we are all missing several puzzle pieces here. Trump may or may not be a smart man by his own right... BUT!!!!! He is surrounded by military, most likely military intelligence (or at least has very quick access to it). Hell, these are his advisors. Do you think that this plan was from his mind alone? The timing of the letter (one hour before take off)... No, I think military said something along the lines of the following:

"You know Don, she is suppose to visit my boys down in (*insert country we are fighting here*) and we can get around OpSec, keep her here, if we just draft a letter saying that she can't use Military craft to get there, I mean, you ARE commander in chief. The military must do what you say, right? And in that letter, you should state where they are going so they will have to plan the whole thing over, giving us at least a week or more."
edit on 1/18/2019 by Skada because: typo fixing

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I agree. People say he is being childish and I see him being a president. They take an oath to protect our country. He is asking for help to protect it. Every year there is an issue with one of the appropriations bills. Nothing different here except no back room deals. That is what is missing here. These most times simply go through with a nod but he says no.

How is that childish?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I agree. People say he is being childish and I see him being a president. They take an oath to protect our country. He is asking for help to protect it. Every year there is an issue with one of the appropriations bills. Nothing different here except no back room deals. That is what is missing here. These most times simply go through with a nod but he says no.

How is that childish?

LOL.
When Pelosi told him he couldn't give the SOTU in House chambers...the MSM praised HER as playin hardball.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is affecting his polls. You know. The ones that had HRC up 18 points on Nov 1 2016. Please. This is also hitting home with the voters.

Say what you want about his request but normal middle road people, the major majority of voters, will see things different when not listening to the media.

They see a president who stayed in DC during Christmas to try to make a deal while those who oppose him partied. Took lavish vacations. Then came back to lecture him on national TV. I have talked to a lot of Trump haters who are Dems who are done with their party and pissed because they really do not want to like Trump.

Preventing this trip was another push to get them to come talk to him. He invited the House Dems to a lunch Thursday and they all declined. Then he cancelled their trip. He has had an open door and they all say no to a policy, not a campaign promise. It is a policy. An existing one at that. Once again he uses existing laws instead of EO's which he could use. Lots of things that past presidents have done but since it is Trump it is not allowed.

The RNC won the Senate. Nancys House needs to get a proper bill sent to the POTUS and put the country first and their egos second.

Now before I get comments on Trumps ego, if it was that, he would have already EO'd it and given Chuckie the finger. This is about doing it the right way.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Say what you want about his request but normal middle road people, the major majority of voters, will see things different when not listening to the media.

I think you are right about that.

If you go to the comments on Nancy Pelosi's twitter, most are telling her to Build The Damn Wall!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 18-1-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join