It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump prevents Pelosis overseas trip to Europe by restricting using US assets to fly hour before lea

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Trump cancels delegation's trip to Davos amid shutdown thehill.com...

Good move!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

...and a shout out of thanks to our troops.

Yea, Pelosi is a real moral builder. I imagine these troops would love seeing her.

Have to add at least a couple of ha ha's.

You could say that about just about any politician, I guess. I don't know, because I've never been a "troop".

11 OCTOBER 2018
Paul Ryan US House Speaker Visits Kabul

Ryan visited the Afghan Special Ops Corps along with a delegation of US officials.

Paul Ryan Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday visited Afghan Special Operations Corps in Kabul, the corps said in a statement.

According to their statement Ryan together with a US delegation met with the commander of the corps and other officials.

www.tolonews.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Apparently its only a tantrum if its Trump walking away from a no go meeting........

Why wont the Dems meet to discuss? Whose fault again?

What is there to discuss? Trump's "negotiation" is "agree with my terms or the shutdown continues." That isn't negotiation, or a discussion - it's "do what I want or I will walk out of your meeting."

Negotiation would be something along the lines of "Look, give us 5 billion to work on border security, not a wall - just improvements, technology, and other measures until we can decide if a wall makes sense." You know.. um.. negotiating.

This is a pouting baby. Give me my wall or there is nothing to be said or done. What in the hell are they supposed to do with that? Give in? Then the next play by Trump will be to simply shut down the government every time there is something he wants. That isn't a theory, it is exactly what he would do. The wall will cost upwards of 70 billion (not counting maintenance). I imagine he could pull that government shutdown card repeatedly. And then blame Democrats for the shutdown, because they won't cave to his demands. That isn't how a government like ours is supposed to work.

Trump wants it his way or no way. It's pathetic so many of his supporters are cool with trampling over how this countries government is supposed to function (to ensure there are checks and balances in place), as long as it gets them what they want.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Apparently its only a tantrum if its Trump walking away from a no go meeting........

Why wont the Dems meet to discuss? Whose fault again?

What is there to discuss? Trump's "negotiation" is "agree with my terms or the shutdown continues." That isn't negotiation, or a discussion - it's "do what I want or I will walk out of your meeting."

Negotiation would be something along the lines of "Look, give us 5 billion to work on border security, not a wall - just improvements, technology, and other measures until we can decide if a wall makes sense." You know.. um.. negotiating.

This is a pouting baby. Give me my wall or there is nothing to be said or done. What in the hell are they supposed to do with that? Give in? Then the next play by Trump will be to simply shut down the government every time there is something he wants. That isn't a theory, it is exactly what he would do. The wall will cost upwards of 70 billion (not counting maintenance). I imagine he could pull that government shutdown card repeatedly. And then blame Democrats for the shutdown, because they won't cave to his demands. That isn't how a government like ours is supposed to work.

Trump wants it his way or no way. It's pathetic so many of his supporters are cool with trampling over how this countries government is supposed to function (to ensure there are checks and balances in place), as long as it gets them what they want.

That’s a lie.

Maybe don’t get your information from cNn.

And as for ‘checks and balances’, who is it that suddenly wants to abolish the electoral college?
edit on 17 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What I see is Trump wanting to improve border security, something both parties have been supporting in the past. Now one side is using it in a negative way for no reason other then they can.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: fleabit

Then the next play by Trump will be to simply shut down the government every time there is something he wants.

Trump can't shut down the government at any time, let alone when theirs something he wants. It is simply outside of presidential powers.

One presidential power he does have and one that is most important to our way of governance is veto power; it's his obligation to use it when he sees fight, it is simply how our government works. A president is not being a "bady" when they exercise one of their most important powers... it's their job.

Congress does have the power to open and shutdown the government; it is one of their congressional powers. They can open the government tomorrow... they can even do so against the desires of the president and his veto power... if they wanted to.

Its actually quite sad that a great number of the American people don't see this shutdown for what it really is and how it is really affecting America in the long term. What you are witnessing is not a fight over a wall, or a president being a baby because he won't open the government until he gets his way; it's not a left or right thing ... what we are seeing is the compleat dysfunctionality of our Congress... its not new; Congress has for a long time abdicated their powers to the other two branches of government because the individual Congressmen have become too spineless to pick a position, stick to it, and compromise when need be. They have turned "staying" congressman into a full time job and stopped actually being congressman.

Even now in the face of a man that you are calling a baby and who can't negotiate if his life depended on it they are powerless to do something about it.

Quite sad.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have said since day 1 that deranged old bat is drunken rummy.
Every time she is on camera, she is drunk.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Those are all premium liquors, not a well label in the bunch.

Nothing but the best for Nance and crew, eh?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Honestly, they go after him so much, and talk so much smack, that I think they need a taste of their own medicine. You have to be able to take what you dish out. That’s true anywhere in life.
a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: ausername
Trump has clarified that Pelosi's trip hasn't been cancelled, but has been postponed. He wants her and other lawmakers in the country to negotiate a deal to end the shutdown and secure our southern border.

With this move, he basically exposed they aren't serious about getting this resolved...

And why does he need to be coddled and surrounded by people to end the shutdown? Seriously, why does anyone even need to be there?

He started it, he's the man, it's his call... only he can end it. Nancy or Schumer, or the entire Senate, or the entire Congress can't do squat. They can't open or shutter, or partially open any single piece of the government. This is his call and only his call.

Only he can end what he started.

LOL typical BS. from the typical BS poster.

Typical eloquent reply from the ATS member who chooses a half naked woman as his avatar. You do realize that doesn't make you "cool" it just proves you haven't gotten over the phase in a young man's life where boobs are the center of the universe. Most men typically get over that around 21.

So, based off your choice of avatar and your previous posting history you are either a teenager or a grown man living in your momma's basement wondering why the world is so unfair.

The entirety of your posting history is nothing but a litany of insults. You literally bring nothing of value to the table.

Back on Topic

Trump could have used this as a good tactical political move if......... he hadn't flown his wife on the same military transport after he argued that Pelosi shouldn't use it. Even when he makes a good political move he shoots himself in the foot.

LINK
edit on 17-1-2019 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
com·mand·er in chief

/kəˈmandər in CHēf/

noun

A head of state or officer in supreme command of a country's armed forces.

an officer in charge of a major subdivision of a country's armed forces, or of its forces in a particular area.

Flack almighty!!!
G'ZUS Fu## Almighty....

HEAD BOSS! SUPREME LEADER... SMH! HOLY SH!T! THE BOSS!

The military follows orders no matter whom represents a district. No One take Orders From nancy! WTF! THERE IS A BOSS!

College of arbitrary studies would be SO FRICKING IRRESPONSIBLE.

civics 101
edit on 17-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Bravo, President Trump!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Nancy's presence in afghanistan is vital with regard to the conflict. She visits frequently and is actually a very powerful component in fighting our enemies.

Now this is pretty top secret stuff here, but I have to share, It's just so brilliant.

Nancy is actually a weapon that we sometimes deploy under serious circumstances.

We place her in a gold engraved chest and let the enemy capture it, when they open it she vaporizes everyone around.

It's called the Ark of Senility.
Why are you leaking the script of Indiana Jones V?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

For what reason is this old bat got for flying into a war zone is she hoping to scare the Taliban into fleeing to Pakistan? She is in Congress she is not in state department she is not a part of the department of defense. She might be on some armed service committee but really while gov is on shutdown does she feel the need to be anywhere except Washington trying to get funding bills passed to reopen gov.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

While we are on the subject.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I laughed. Belly laugh, even.

Then I remembered that these are grown adults that have been elected and are paid a lot more than most of us ever will to be responsible for our government, ultimately and arguably for our lives. And they are acting like ****ing children.

Without taking any sides, the entire thing is completely absurd. Everyone involved, every one of our "leaders."

Hasn't been dull, though.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Remind us all, how many days has this shut down dragged on for ?
ohhh right ...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

I wonder just how much money these representatives earn in these 28 days, money that comes from the working class tax dollars, money wasted on representatives that do nothing and even more comically the people cheering this on are the ones that hate people on welfare because they are wasting their precious tax dollars, what a bunch of morons.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's not unusual for congressional delegations to go to war zones to talk to the troops, their commanders and internation parties.

It is quite unusual for it to occur during a government shutdown. For that matter, it is unusual to have a government shutdown for 28 days, or for a Speaker of the House to disinvite the President over it, citing a lack of security which is disputed by the SS and DHS, before trying to go into a war zone.

Cabinet members serve at the pleasure of the president in advisory capacities. They don't work for the President, they work for the people of the USA.

Cabinet members' duties are not simply advisory. They also implement the President's policy. As such, they represent him. The President, with Congressional approval, actually creates the positions of the Cabinet.

Their duties are outlined, not by the president, but by Congress.

Actually, they are approved by the Senate, not by the Congress as a whole. That approval does not mean the Senate directs their day-to-day operations; that is the President.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join