It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump prevents Pelosis overseas trip to Europe by restricting using US assets to fly hour before lea

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

dos vidanya Comrade

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

In that case, should the VP be unable to assume the office, the Speaker of the House does.

You've said this twice now, precisely what scenario are you envisioning as being possible for this to be that heavy of a concern to you?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Besides being a representatives of her district, as a Congress woman, as Speaker of the House she represents all the representatives, even yours! Ergo, the Speaker of the House represents you.

Then I hereby demand that I and all other citizens be given the right to vote for or against Nancy Pelosi.

Of course, that is a moot demand because your description is incorrect.

And, the executive branch includes at least a dozen cabinet heads, as well as the Vice President, and the Military. Betsy DeVos, for example represents the Department of Education, its students, its teachers and its administrators, not President Trump.

To continue with your own example, Betsy DeVos does not represent anyone except President Trump.

TheRedneck

So, if President Trump represents ALL of the people...and Betsy DeVos represents President Trump...THAT MEANS Betsy DeVos must represent ALL of the people too.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this new political logic.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

On that, I agree. The SOTU Speech is one of the most security intensive operations on domestic soil.

However, it is not any more security intensive than an elected official entering a war zone. At least the House Chamber is in an already highly-secured area inside a US city in the heart of the governmental district, Security is implicit there, and must only be increased for the address.

In a war zone, the security needed for just one high-ranking official must be created in an area which by definition is insecure; that's why it is called a war zone. One must not only protect from individual attempts to assassinate a figure, but also from foreign governments who are at odds with the US, and from military forces from our enemies.

The President is Commander in Chief of the military, and as such is a part of the military and needs to enter a war zone occasionally. Like it or not, the Speaker of the House has absolutely no control over the military and thus has no reason to visit the troops except for publicity purposes.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Then I hereby demand that I and all other citizens be given the right to vote for or against Nancy Pelosi.

You congressional representative voted, for or against, Nancy Pelosi.

To continue with your own example, Betsy DeVos does not represent anyone except President Trump.

The Secretary of Education oversees the Department of Education, and advises the president accordingly.

Like most federal activities, Department of Education programs must first be authorized by Congress through legislation that is signed into law by the president. The Department then develops regulations that determine exactly how a program will be operated. These regulations are published in the Federal Register for public comment and reviewed by Congress. Congress must also vote to appropriate the money that each program will receive annually.
www2.ed.gov...

Even Betsy De Vos answers to Congress first. I'm sure that's part of her advice to this president.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So, if President Trump represents ALL of the people...and Betsy DeVos represents President Trump...THAT MEANS Betsy DeVos must represent ALL of the people too.

I suppose, indirectly, that makes sense.

It's not new, though... it's been that way since there was a cabinet.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I suppose, indirectly, that makes sense.

It's not new, though... it's been that way since there was a cabinet.

TheRedneck

THAT would make Betsy DeVos representative of MORE people than Nancy Pelosi.

This is fun.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hey champ, you still trying, god bless your special soul.🤓

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Do you know for a fact that Trump lacks the intelligence to play chess..? Maybe you should stop "making up", facts about someone you really don't know anything about..lol

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You congressional representative voted, for or against, Nancy Pelosi.

Then she represents him. She does not represent me, because I am unable to vote for or against her.

In order for someone to represent a population, the members of that population must have the right to vote for or against them. Even with the electoral college, the electors simply carry the desires of their constituency into the vote for President. The candidate they will be voting for is openly announced and that is their only function. Many states have laws requiring them to follow the results of their election, and I agree with those.

The Secretary of Education oversees the Department of Education, and advises the president accordingly.

The Secretary of Education, as all other Cabinet members, answers directly to the President. They work for him. He can dismiss a Cabinet member any time he wants for any reason he wants. Congress must impeach to do so. The Cabinet does not make policy, except as permitted and directed by the President.

Congress does appropriate funds, for all branches of government. Well... they're supposed to.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

THAT would make Betsy DeVos representative of MORE people than Nancy Pelosi.

Oooooh... I like your reasoning!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The President is Commander in Chief of the military, and as such is a part of the military and needs to enter a war zone occasionally. Like it or not, the Speaker of the House has absolutely no control over the military and thus has no reason to visit the troops except for publicity purposes.

The U.S. House Committee on Armed Services, commonly known as the House Armed Services Committee, is a standing committee of the United States House of Representatives. It is responsible for funding and oversight of the Department of Defense (DOD) and the United States armed forces, as well as substantial portions of the Department of Energy.
en.wikipedia.org...

U.S. House of Representatives
Committee on Homeland Security

Sub-Committees:
Border and Maritime Security

Counterterrorism and Intelligence

Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Protection

Emergency Preparedness, Response and Communications

Oversight and Management Efficiency

Transportation and Protective Security
homeland.house.gov...

Other House of Representative's committees that effect the military and international affairs.

Foreign Affairs
Veterans’ Affairs
Ways and Means
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
www.house.gov...

As Speaker of the House, Mrs Pelosi oversees the seating of these committees.

It's not unusual for congressional delegations to go to war zones to talk to the troops, their commanders and internation parties.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

So, if President Trump represents ALL of the people...and Betsy DeVos represents President Trump

She doesn't represent President Trump. She advises President Trump. He can take or leave her advice.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The Secretary of Education, as all other Cabinet members, answers directly to the President. They work for him.

Cabinet members serve at the pleasure of the president in advisory capacities. They don't work for the President, they work for the people of the USA.

Cabinet officers are nominated by the President and then presented to the United States Senate for confirmation or rejection by a simple majority. If approved, they are sworn in and begin their duties.
simple.wikipedia.org...

Their duties are outlined, not by the president, but by Congress.

edit on 17-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The U.S. House Committee on Armed Services, commonly known as the House Armed Services Committee, is a standing committee of the United States House of Representatives. It is responsible for funding and oversight of the Department of Defense (DOD) and the United States armed forces, as well as substantial portions of the Department of Energy.
en.wikipedia.org...

U.S. House of Representatives
Committee on Homeland Security

Sub-Committees:
Border and Maritime Security

Counterterrorism and Intelligence

Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Protection

Emergency Preparedness, Response and Communications

Oversight and Management Efficiency

Transportation and Protective Security
homeland.house.gov...

Other House of Representative's committees that effect the military and international affairs.

Foreign Affairs
Veterans’ Affairs
Ways and Means
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
www.house.gov...

As Speaker of the House, Mrs Pelosi oversees the seating of these committees.

It's not unusual for congressional delegations to go to war zones to talk to the troops, their commanders and internation parties.

It’s really too late now to remediate your rep now, you’ve already exposed yourself as a Russian troll. Best to go away and try again somewhere else.
edit on 17-1-2019 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

In that case, should the VP be unable to assume the office, the Speaker of the House does.

You've said this twice now, precisely what scenario are you envisioning as being possible for this to be that heavy of a concern to you?

The same scenarios that caused the protocol to be put in place, in the first place.

Have you not seen the TV series "Designated Survivor"?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

President Donald Trump extended an invitation to congressional Democrats for a lunch meeting Tuesday to discuss border security — and no one accepted.

Weird so whose throwing the tantrum again..........

Seems like Trump has repeatedly tried to call meetings to fix all this but its a no go........

Apparently its only a tantrum if its Trump walking away from a no go meeting........

Why wont the Dems meet to discuss? Whose fault again?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ballbuster headline coming::::::::

"Trump announces SotU address will be in the Grand Ballroom at Trump Tower" 😀

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
That's cool and all. But has this partial so called shutdown ended already? Last time I checked it has almost been a week, though I am going by when I heard about it. I got to say, I am disappointed in president Trump.

A whole freaking week? WTF! Really? People should have been fired left and right at the 3 day mark. Bunch of petulant children arguing about there silly identity politics, and over a wall. In fact not even that, a freaking petty fence.

Another thing that in time needs remedied in time. The fence that is, the identity politics is a waste of time, and of a life.

From looking at the map, off the California border the closest highway would be Highway 8. And the border goes mostly along desert in between Mexico and the US. Seems the logical conclusion as most of it has some dinky dirt roads, and definable no main highways. Extend highway 8 From California all the way up to the border in San Antonio Texas. Either way you will need a more direct means of transportation then dirt roads even to build that dinky little Steel slat fence.

Kill two birds with one stone, along the main route of the fence. Then maybe we can think of building a kick ass wall, in fact may as well turn the wall into the highways, a high rise, high rise highway, or in fact you can even build a rail system for bullet trains. It wont interfere with main transportation, but along that path. Or better yet, actually get started on building something like the great wall of china, and you can build shops underneath, and have fields of solar panels and wind turbines outputting the electricity whatever is needed in the area. Though its not going to happen in this lifetime, or next few lifetimes it looks like, even if they started years ago.

Chances are you all will be playing identity politics till you graves. A sad state of affairs, when America cant even build a silly dinky fence because they cant decide which persons ego is what, and tit for tat.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

...and a shout out of thanks to our troops.

Yea, Pelosi is a real moral builder. I imagine these troops would love seeing her.

Have to add at least a couple of ha ha's.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join